Autohide tab bar on the left

大笨狗

If you have a really small screen size, you may want more screen estate devoted to page content itself, rather than occupied by toolbars. Maybe you can try this skin I made. The tab bar is moved from top to left, and will popup when mouse move to the left border of window. It'll autohide after mouse move out.

This skin is not perfect, for example, you can not drag tab to rearrange its order, and work better in maximized window than restored window. It's just an idea illustration.

Preview:

Download:

(Note: The skin file is removed because this thread is locked by system. If you want to download the file, ask the admins to unlock this thread.)

post-14548223-14315115986353_thumb.gif

an interesting mod sure many will like it - could similar autohide be done for a side favourites bar - i use my own custom skin - have deleted the dock buttons and only run with a modified side favs bar - autohide has been asked for many times but has never happened line on MX2 - at the moment i do it with a button

post-2400682-14315115987303_thumb.png

post-2400682-14315115987509_thumb.png

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

hitzone - .tabline could do with being wider - on a high res monitor its difficult to get it to work - changing it to 10 rather than 1 makes it work perfectly - maybe 10 is too wide but 1 is too narrow

odyssee replied at 2014-1-19 02:04 back.gif

thank you ! it works fine..

my only regret is that we cannot yet change the background colors of us ...

I agree, it would be nice to have access to the background images in the Skin Center from user skins too. I've jsut finished an experiment ... but it failed the background test.

If one were satisfied with one particular background there should be a was to pull that one in as a user skin background. I haven't figured out a (or the) way yet other than modifying the ui.dat. But that'[s not my first preference..

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-1-19 11:36 back.gif

I agree, it would be nice to have access to the background images in the Skin Center from user ski ...

i cannot see that happening across all user skins as there is more than one way to colour a particular area

tabs can simply be colours called from constants.css or can be images called up from within the tabbar css

same with backgrounds to the navbar and tabbar and other areas - i and others use images and stretch them to suit - the standard skin uses colours or a full background image

so without a pre-defined standard it cannot work

its not difficult to unpack a skin file and add a different colour or image - it does not need to be done in ui.dat - maybe the way forward is for those doing custom skins to upload them with instructions how to change some areas - that would need a graphic or colour change by the user

the unpacking and repacking could be done with a batch file so once the user had made the changes the rest would be easier

apologies to 大笨狗 for sort of high jacking his thread

loooping8 replied at 2014-1-19 12:31 back.gif

Can you develope this skin with colors as odyssee mention?

the only way to do that that i can see is to use a custom ui.dat with this skin being the standard skin - it may be then that colour changes will work - but each update will overwrite that

happy to be wrong but dont think so - as to the skin above any colour is possible - it just needs adding

but thats not a problem when the skin will also get an new update the developer of the skin then can edit the thread for the skin when its possible .

true - but maybe people should do a bit of work themselves and learn how to do simple things as this would be - the reason i do not publish skins any more is for that simple reason - people want their hand holding far too much - if you want something - learn how to do it - its not rocket science

Archived