Maxthon Skins FAQ

Sleepytimez

Hey guys,

I'm gathering popular threads and the most frequently asked questions about skins. Below you'll find a couple of links below that may be helpful. Feel free to reply with more threads that you think have been helpful below!

We are in the process of figuring out a plan to build new skins for Maxthon 4 so stay tuned!

This thread will be continually updated!

How to apply Skin: http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=7775&pid=43531&fromuid=17362884

Skins: 10 Selected skins ported from Maxthon 3 skin center

Skins: When are the skins going to be enabled for Maxthon Cloud browser?

Skins: 10 Selected skins ported from Maxthon 3 skin center

Skins: My Maxthon skin collection (Update on 12/21/2013, 4 more skins added)

Skins: Snapper 2 Skin 

Skins: "M" Skin

Skins: Selected skins ported from Maxthon 3 skin center

Skins: SKINS - some ideas and stuff

Skins: New Skins, new browsing experience!

Skins: JarC's skins

Short cuts to skins

Tabs on bottom

Tabs on the bottom 2

melovecoffee replied at 2014-1-16 10:31 back.gif

That someone has a skin project going on! It's exciting!

All the yays!

This is meant to be a helpful post for people looking for more information about skins. Instead of wading through a bunch of posts, i'm asking people to send in posts about skins they have found to be most helpful. A little happiness and excitement doesn't take away from the "seriousness" of this thread.

tony. replied at 2014-1-16 10:38 back.gif

true - so we have one post with a few links - thats great and lots of 'other' posts for people to wa ...

I'm in the midst of gathering them (i'm doing the same for other Maxthon builds), the ones above were the ones that I first found. If you have any posts you would like to recommend, I would greatly appreciate it!

you dont need to modify ui.dat any more - do it as a skin file - the plus is that any update will not overwrite your work

odd how we all want different things - could not use that in a month of sundays but if its what you want great that you have learnt how to get what you want - wish others would make the effort

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2014-1-26 03:20 back.gif

you dont need to modify ui.dat any more - do it as a skin file - the plus is that any update will no ...

The advantage of using ui.dat is the possibility to change color scheme as you want. If you try to change it in custom skin, Maxthon will apply the default skin with this color scheme. First I made a skin, but the result did not satisfy me.

AutoHide My.mxskin

is that true - i use little of the standard skin within my skin but everything i apply sticks so why would a colour change not

i dont use colours as such but graphics for the tabs and bars - maybe thats the reason - have never checked

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ell207954 replied at 2014-2-25 00:20 back.gif

Are there any simple MX4 skins which are based on the classic Maxthon skin which has the File, Edit, ...

Try the one in this thread: http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=8117&pid=44923&fromuid=530616

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived