Inspired by JarC's BML (Compact, tabs @ bottom, multiline)

kurai

Main features :-

Tabs at bottom of window

Multiline tab bar (10 per line with separate fixed position new/close buttons at row end)

Compact navbar layout

Re-ordered back/refresh/forward nav buttons

Favourites bar moved into navbar line

Download :- 5910

v2, with dragged tab width fix from 大笨狗

Screenshots :-

I started this off just for my personal use, adapting layout and features for my own needs (primarily wide screen (1920*1200) split layout, many open tabs at bottom of window).

It doesn't contain any startlingly new concepts or genius coding - just minor tweaks here and there.

It seems stable enough now to put it out to the community to use/adapt as they wish, so have fun picking it apart :)

Bugs solved] :- Only one that I can't seem to fix - when dragging a tab to re-order the tab-bar the dragged tab expands to full width of window, which makes dropping it in the right place awkward.

I've tried many different things to work out what's happening, but I'm not getting anywhere. Any suggestions on what to change are welcome.

Credits :- It's based on the work of JarC, tony., 大笨狗, maxthon.org.ru, loooping8, S1v, Rexaar and probably many others - I've combined features from several, or investigated their content to see how they did something in their own skins.

post-4068582-14315115737788_thumb.png

post-4068582-14315115739794_thumb.png

kurai-v2.mxskin

大笨狗 replied at 2014-1-11 07:31 back.gif

To resolve the dragging problem, just add this line to your skin.cssNot perfect, but works.

That works very nicely indeed - having moving tabs with min-width is *much* better than having them 1920px wide

Thank you. ;)

(updating original post)

odyssee replied at 2014-1-11 08:13 back.gif

interesting ! and would be perfect... but I lost fav bar and quick tools

That's from main\navbar\addressbox.css :.address-box {

min-width: 920px;

}As mentioned, I use the browser fullscreen on a 1920x1200 display - adjust the min-wdith value to suit your screen/window size.

(or play with the other .address-box width controls, and perhaps find a way to make it scale automatically to fit, rather than use a fixed value)

Zeuik replied at 2014-1-11 21:32 back.gif

I just fix the quick tools error

delete the "min-width: 920px;"

and repack the skin is okay!

I have a question inspired by your version 2.1 of the Kurai skin. I have another skin I'm working on that like yours has the navbar at the top with nav buttons, addressbar, search box, and Quicktools plus a download button and MainMenu. It's quite similar to your layout. Tabs *single line) are at the bottom.

I've reduced the caption height to 20px same as the height of the win control buttons.

The proble is with the maximized window; the win controls overlap the right end of the toolbar. I need to make the toolbar contenst stop 120px to the left of the end of the toollbar at the winodww edge of the screen, like this where "" represents the screen:

I've studied your skin and tried a number of variations on adding this

.navbar{

margin-right: 120px;

}

to skin.css. But instead of pushing the contenssts to the left, it pulls the win controls and the background theme image to the screen edge without extending the right side of the browser window (navbar, scrollbar,tabbar, & statusbar)

EDIT: Adding screen shot ...

Your skin does make the toolar contents clear the window controls. How? Suggestions?

>

post-17653568-14315115764935_thumb.png

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-1-12 23:04 back.gif

I have a question inspired by your version 2.1 of the Kurai skin. I have another skin I'm working ...

I added a right margin to the quicktools container (Magic Fill, Translate, Snap etc) instead of doing anything to the navbar or window control containers directly.

See main\objects\tools.css :-.quicktools{

margin: -1px 23px 3px 0px;

}

kurai replied at 2014-1-12 17:01 back.gif

I added a right margin to the quicktools container (Magic Fill, Translate, Snap etc) instead of do ...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try in my next free time .... gotta work too. :)

I also had another idea where to look. In the default skin with tabs under the toolbars, the navbar is at the top llike in my skin and it does avoind the win controls. That situation is covereed by main_solid. So another place to check.

>

Archived