Submission and Update Process of Skins/Extensions

smilefly

Submission and Review Process

Skins or extension hosted on Maxthon should be of high quality and improve users’ web experience,so any new skins or extensions and their updates must be reviewed by Maxthonbefore they go public.

A skin or extension has three kinds of status: pending review, rejected and released.

Any skin or extension submitted or updated by developers will be added to a pendingreview queue. Maxthon will perform a review within 24 working hours.

If a skin or extension meets the criteria of being appropriate to distribute to users, it will be public.

If a skin or extension fails to meet the criteria, Maxthon will send developers a notification back with specific reasons. When developers modify the skin according to the reasons and submit, it will be in the review queue again.

Updating Process

When updating a skin or an extension, developers should update it on its page, instead of submitting a new one.

Before new updates get approved by Maxthon, they will not affect current use of add-ons.

After the updates meets the criteria of reviewed, users of this add-on will beautomatically served the newest updates.

Abuse Report

Users have rights to report abuse on any skins or extensions.

When Maxthon receives an abuse-report, we will verify it. If it is true, we will remove the skin or extension from the site.

For those skins and extensions get offline, developers can modify them to get in a review queue again.

If you have any questions, please email: help#maxthon.com. (Please replace # with @, thank you!)

post-6793-14315104940735_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

i have tried to post an extension on the extension site - its not new - its a link to skynotes but its in the quicktools/toolbar area rather than the dock - its been rejected with the reason that its already part of MX4 - yes and no - its in the dock as stated but many dont use that and a button in quicktools/toolbar would be useful

can i add a question or two for my info and to gain knowledge

i have a button in quicktools/toolbar now for skynote but thats been done was a work around - there are 6 'tools' in toolbar.mxaddon - they are controlled by their unique guid number - if one of those numbers is used for another addon then that addon will show and work in quicktools - it does not have to be part of the original toolbar.mxaddon file - it can be but will work as a separate file if its in users/account/addons

so my conclusion is that only guid numbers approved by maxthon will work hence my uploading the skynotes addon - my purpose was to test that idea with a known working addon which i hoped you would approve - if my thinking is wrong in some way can someone explain how to get more addons in the quicktools are in MX4 as they can be made to work

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

i have now uploaded 2 different extensions - both have been rejected - the reason is that they are same as other extensions - which is partially true - it was also said MX4 does not support toolbar extensions - it may not by design but it does by manipulation - if not what are those on my toolbar

its time someone looked at this - ok my method of trying to get them implemented may be wrong but someone could comment from the devs - not all users want or use the dock

post-2400682-1431510714434_thumb.png

Sorry,

Maxthon4 does not support toolbar extensions for some reasons.

Your uploaded extensions will be shown in sidebar on Maxthon4, so they are totally the same as internal extensions, that's why they are rejected.

Maybe you can make that happen with some workrounds. But it is not recommended.

@ bugsir and smilefly - i understand what you say but its clearly wrong - or seems to be - if MX4 does not support toolbar extensions how have i and others got our own there - i simply ask as i am trying to understand the system - are the 6 guid numbers that will work hard coded into maxthon hence any others will not work - or is it some other reason

tony. replied at 2013-5-15 23:47 back.gif

@ bugsir and smilefly - i understand what you say but its clearly wrong - or seems to be - if MX4 do ...

These GUIDs are coded in Maxthon4, other extensions with different guid will not displayed in toolbar.

smilefly replied at 2013-5-16 21:19 back.gif

These GUIDs are coded in Maxthon4, other extensions with different guid will not displayed in tool ...

ahhh thanks - that explains it and makes perfect sense - i now understand that bit - so no other guid will show at the moment?? - so even if the extension i posted was ok and approved it would not have shown in the toolbar

as a suggestion would it be possible to hard code some more guid numbers into maxthon and publish them - users could then write or modify their own toolbar extension and use them - they could be published but that might get complicated

smilefly replied at 2013-5-18 05:16 back.gif

There is no play to make extension displayed in toolbar now.

thats a great pity - whilst many like the sidebar and dock there are many who do not so you are excluding a feature for them - as stated it is possible to have user extensions in the toolbar via a workaround but that limits it to 6 - the guid's that you say are hard coded - as previously asked why cannot 20 or so guid's be hard coded into the browser and the numbers published - that way it adds flexibility for the user

i am not suggesting that extensions should be published - just an individual user addon facility - that then is the best of both worlds

It is difficult for ordinary people to change the guid to make the extension displayed in toolbar. No matter how many guids are included in Maxthon, the developers will need more.

GUID is the unique identification of a extension. They are used to synchronize & update the extensions etc. Same guid will cause problem when synchronizing or updating.

we will just have to agree to differ - i think maxthon has lost something with the loss of toolbar extensions - as said not everyone likes or used the dock

i am not sure what you are reading joe - but it is said above

There is no play to make extension displayed in toolbar now.

yes that can be read in a couple of ways - i read it that they have decided not to - its also said jeff sees the dock as the method for extensions - cannot link to that but it is said - in both cases i do not agree - therefor i state -

we will have to agree to differ

i have further stated that i understand the the guid system - that is why i suggested adding a number of extra guid numbers that could be used by those users that wanted to - they would never be updated so there would never be a problem - i see no problem with my method for those who want to use it - maybe i am wrong but the devs have not said so - if i have not made myself clear then happy to expand on what i think would work - they are keen to add user configuration for themes - maybe this could be another such thing - it certainly works - but at the moment is no more than a workaround

Not sure what you are reading, he clearly states

"There is no play to make extension displayed in toolbar now."

To me this means that there are no plans to make extensions in the toolbar now, which opens it to the possibility of existing in the future.

BC has also described the browser business as "agile" which means it is flexible and can quickly adjust to developmental needs, so essentially nothing is ruled out.

I also think you'll never get an answer from a dev telling you that you're wrong about anything. whether you are or not. This is only my opinion, of course, but from what I've seen and read in this forum, that has always been the case regardless of the user(or the dev for that matter).

i dont take issue with that but i quote another comment on the same subject that i cannot locate at the moment - to paraphrase Jeff is committed to the sidebar/dock - thats the place for extensions

i will try and find it - maybe i am reading or remembering that wrong

but there is at least 2 meanings to the quote above - it depends how you read 'now' - it can be at present or a decision has been made now that there will be no extensions in the toolbar - from my exchanges i think the second

and as i pressed post i remembered where the comment was about extensions in the sidebar - it was in a pm - so i will stay with my paraphrase

Archived