slim skin for MX4.1.3+

S1v

by sidebar pinned to desktop do you mean the dock - if so no i dont use the dock

all i have done is unpack your file overwritten the ui.dat file and opened maxthon - i have my own skin in the skin dir but that should not influence anything - i also have the settings in config for how i want maxthon - no statusbar - no search box and sidebar set to open which is side favourites

how thats pulling up two sidebars i am not sure - i guess you are using the old MX3 slim skin - dont know if it was yours or you are just building on it - the early MX3 skins did not have a side favourites bar it was added as a mod by GuruX - the right hand side favourites looks like that - from memory that could be turned off in an ini file - think it has to be something in your code but who knows

will try a clean install of MX4 later and see if its something in my setup

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

ahh right that explains it - so let me be sure its GuruX's sidebar you want to close at startup - there was a way - cannot remember - but if theat the one you dont want i will look and see if it pops up how

GuruX had an ini file that had to manually altered to add or delete functions - buttons - search box etc - cannot remember what settings there was for fav bar - maybe thats it as i cannot see it in your skin

dont know what you mean written in "about"

my first question is why are you using GuguX's code - its long out of date for what we have now - its main purpose in the tuning was to add things early skins did not have like hide sidebar - searchbox etc - we have all that now pretty much as standard - ok we dont have the thin bars buts thats possible with mods to todays skins

the 2 fav bars i am not sure on - i looked at what you have done and you have commented out one of them but its still there

not sure how much you know about doing skins - i am no expert - i blunder to a solution much of the time - but i think you would be better taking the few bits you want - thin bars etc and adding them to todays skin

not sure which side fav bar you want if either - if you want it like GuguX's then thats possible but thats a mod to page.dat

happy to help - but layout what you are trying to achieve

In "About" i wrote, what this skin is based on GuruX code.

As for me - this skin is good enough. I'm using it everyday. It'll be nice to get rid of some things, but i can live with it.

I'll redo all then new skin system will be done (if it'll happen).

PS Funny, that in webkit mode this forum thinks, what i'm using Chrome on XP :)

new/old skin system exists - or the ability to have a skin in the old skin dir and not have to modify ui.dat - its not been announced - why i dont know - maybe its not finished yet - but it certainly works

Archived