advertisings on youtube

Curious to know why Adhunter has issues with some of these ads?

What is it that the extensions do differently? Or is it just a case of the dev's not updating the rules for the latest changes, meaning that once they are worked out they can be added to Adhunter?

7twenty replied at 2013-9-17 15:59 back.gif

Curious to know why Adhunter has issues with some of these ads?

What is it that the extensions do d ...

Who says that the devs are responsible to add filter rules?

Anyone can offer a solution by listing rules that would block those adds. I think the devs gave us the tools, the least we could do is use them...

Even adblock can only be as good as its rules.

joemax replied at 2013-9-18 10:24 back.gif

Who says that the devs are responsible to add filter rules?

Anyone can offer a solution by listin ...

Yeah, I probably worded that wrong, but Adhunter does come with rules setup out of the box which is what I was alluding to.

As I said, the fact that other blockers can disable them means that in theory so should Adhunter. I'd imagine the means in which blocking is performed is similar in all blockers, just the syntax might be different in how it reads the lines.

joemax replied at 2013-9-18 12:22 back.gif

The devs did modify the rules in the past to address the same issue, but should they be required t ...

They provide it as part of Maxthon with a standard block list/rules, so it is somewhat expected they would be the ones to keep it up to date. But no, they shouldn't have to update it everytime YT sneezes.

With that said, is there an official "how to use AdHunter" stating rules/syntax for it's use? The only one that i've seen is the thread made by imanerd.

Archived