Android Blues, an MX4 stock theme touched up

android_dep

theme.png

Just wanted to share my personal touch up to the stock theme. I wanted to keep it minimal without major alterations or diving into the code and just slightly throw in a little hint of Android icons to replace the stock graphics on the UI. Not trying to win a contest or show off anything, just simply sharing what I've done. I used the MX Packer utility to split the UI.dat and recompile it back together to make sure everything functions normally which it does as everything is fully working without any errors or weird behavior. If you want to you make use of this theme, simply rename your "ui.dat" in your Maxthon directory name to keep your original file so you can undo any modifications if you change your mind later and place my file in the same directory. Here is the link to download my "ui.dat" file

Click here to download my ui.dat file

Verify file's hash to make sure if you like that file is safe

MD5 - A4258D2B69B5B8B823571079AFFB3A

CRC32 - 157D7FA0

SHA1 - 7bfa53ac989a98393c36adf24cb69e23d63456a1

SHA256 - 023fc258df75c34ce2b119b75ca77d443b9a1b6f1929c5cf74a35b285dcef7e7

RIPEMD160 - fd2898eaf6044d10962baaa5b5808d7e503ab2f5

I have no idea why I can't make this work on my version, this is for M4 windows right? M4 opens up completely blank for me, just a big white blank page, no ui what so ever. Nor is it the first time I try a mod by changing the ui.dat file. My version is at the top of this post(sorta)

There have been some changes made to the ui since the version listed in your post, no idea if it would make such a difference. ?????? (It really shouldn't)

There have been some changes made to the ui since the version listed in your post, no idea if it would make such a difference. ?????? (It really shouldn't)

yes it should and can :)

there are a couple of reasons why it might not work - but i suspect its been done for an old version - they changed the skin3.ini file - so unpack the ui.dat and add a new skin.ini file from todays ui.dat

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

joemax replied at 2013-9-5 00:08 back.gif

I have no idea why I can't make this work on my version, this is for M4 windows right? M4 opens up c ...

yes, its definitely for MX4, i promise you that. The crazy thing is that you hit the nail on the head and there is a slight difference. I have version 4.1.0.4000 and used that version of the ui.dat file. I installed version 4.1.2.3000 inside of a VM and pulled that ui.dat, there is a few folders that have less files but most importantly, at the root of ui.dat now is a file called empty.htm which has nothing but a blank page so using the older ui.dat is not compatible. That is a very odd thing to change in an update for a browser but not a big deal, I repacked the ui.dat version thats compatible with the newer updated release of MX4 and it tested to work normally. I attached the updated copy of the file in the post here. For your version browser, use the newer ui.dat copy here instead. I would've never thought that there would be such a small change where it would cause such a difference though, very odd on the developer's part but life goes on, no worries.

ui.zip

for clarity and for others - you also changed the skin3.ini file - it is that change that made the skin work - the file empty has - i believe nothing to do with it - delete that and your skin still works

what the empty file is for i have no idea but there are all sorts of redundant stuff in the skins - they seem not to tidy up well after changes

android_dep replied at 2013-9-5 00:14 back.gif

yes, its definitely for MX4, i promise you that. The crazy thing is that you hit the nail on the h ...

Between you and tony I'll never understand why you make things so difficult. Why don't you just make a skin and be done with replacing Ui.dat, f'n around with other files etc. Just create the skin and share it or don't.

Here is your skin for instance, d/l and install. It just makes it easier.

*Useless skin deleted.*

Edit Sorry Dale, I'm easily flustered, please accept my apology.(The tirade is probably better directed at tony)

It's really a nice skin, love your icons, and the colors you chose. Heck, I even like the position of back and forward buttons :) Oh, and as advertised everything does work properly! TYVM!!!

Android Blues.mxskin

joemax replied at 2013-9-6 00:42 back.gif

Between you and tony I'll never understand why you make things so difficult. Why don't you just ma ...

what have i done wrong - i simply pointed out an error - we are a help forum - people sometimes search for info - what good is it if that info is incorrect

how do i make it difficult - its difficult if the info is wrong

i take no issue with that which is why i always upload the finished file as others also do - but in many instances that results in pm's asking how things have been done - also a skin or mod is really only good for the one release - the devs add or change things which can break things - so some explanation is good/useful as i dont release updates unless asked

hopefully when the new skin system is rolled out mods to ui.dat will not be needed as skins will become an add on as they were in 3 so things will be easier

that is actually in place but does not seem finished so i guess we will have to wait for the drum roll of the new/old feature

the android blue did not work - thats what your 1st post said - and 30 skins - how many of those are ui.dat mods not just colour changes

you read most posts here - there are many saying this mod does not work - they are because the devs change things - all my mods come with a warning that they may not work long term and that they may need to be updated if the devs change things

non of your 30 skins might work on the next ftp release - you may be able to update them others may not - so a help file or explanation could help

Archived