[Request] Disable Flash and Javascript, Better Facebook

Haseo

Hi, I'm new to Maxthon browser, I started using it because it's very fast

But, facebook always eats most of my RAM and slow down my computer every time I use it.

I've been using that facebook extension, but it only opens m.facebook.com and it doesn't show new message notifications.

I want an extension to block Javascript and Flash and/or an extension for facebook chat with notifications and support for chatting with someone you don't have added as a friend.

Maxthon Cloud Browser is very fast, but not for facebook. x. x

Can anyone help me?

Imanerd replied at 2013-8-28 15:31 back.gif

You can always disable scripts and plugins inside advanced panel in about:config.

So, does disabling "Allow all sites to run plug ins" block javascript..? We had this conversation here a while ago, and some people said no it doesn't.

I experimented a bit but wasn't entirely sure. It's handy if it does, even if it isn't quite NoScript...

Snero replied at 2013-8-28 18:34 back.gif

So, does disabling "Allow all sites to run plug ins" block javascript..? We had this conversation ...

after you disable it, restart Mx and try viewing your inbox, assuming you probably have one, at gmail. It'll cause trouble if you don't have scripts enabled.

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-8-28 15:59 back.gif

after you disable it, restart Mx and try viewing your inbox, assuming you probably have one, at gm ...

That was one of the experiments that I tried and yes it does effect gmail. I wasn't certain though that it had globally blocked js on all sites.

Archived