How to make a "Drop-down" anymore with a Plugin?

leeuniverse

With MX Classic it was easy to make a Drop-down with a plugin that had several different options, and you could run things right from there.

But this new system and the forced "Sidebar" extensions, I'm not seeing if or how to add more features? The only thing I'm seeing is that a person if they want to do anything else "other" than the MAIN command button click, they have to know how to write Javascript.

Is this correct, or is there a way that I'm not seeing yet? If so, this is stupid.

Maxthon Developers, please give us back our Toolbar with the ability to do this again, if the sidebar can't do it....!!! PLEASE!!!!

I have like 50 Sidebar and Toolbar plugins from MX Classic that has about a 150 features to them, most of which I want as plugins again.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CREATE A 150 SEPARATE PLUGINS, just so I can have various features.

Not being that cluey with Java/HTML/CSS i'm going to throw this out there.

In the toolbar the button for MXSnap uses a dropdown menu to select fullscreen or region only. I'm sure the same code could be used in a sidebar extension. Even if it's not direct from the button, it may open a panel then you can use the code to create a dropdown within that.

Like I said, just thinking out loud. Hopefully it may give you/someone an idea.

No they're not .dll files. The module for it is, but the code for the buttons/menu is all in the skin code.

Below is the code that is required to make these elements work. This is from my modded skin to add MXSnap to the status bar. The basic structure and hierarchy should stay the same/similar. You'd just need to change the commands like mx-click to open whatever it is required.

Buttons.htm

Buttons.menu.htm

• $snapScreen.region$

• $snapScreen.page$

So, are you saying the Toolbar is actually HTML code that has been added to the Skins?

If so, holy cow, that's the crazyest thing I've seen.....

Maybe a person can create a dropdown out of an icon on an html page with your code, but I wouldn't have a clue how to add it to the sidebar button itself. That's not HTML coding.

The whole skin system is HTML/CSS. There's also some javascript in there as well for some elements. But everything you see onscreen is HTML/CSS.

That's not HTML coding.

Yes even the sidebar is mostly HTML/CSS. I think there is some javascript for the Favourites extension, and possibly for reader mode off the top of my head.

It's just a matter of knowing how and what to adjust to make it do what you want. There may be a restriction there to not allow menus from the sidebar, but it shouldn't stop you from creating a popout panel with the list of things within that, and then if required a third hierarchy after that if required using the menu option as shown above.

htm, not html.

The file extension is htm, yes. But it is written in HTML which is what I was referring to.

And I believe that html/htm are interchangeable, just depends on how the files are called for in the code and the users preference. :-)

Archived