can't find a center-image plugin

AndroidDeveloperLB

in the past , we had a plugin on maxthon extensions website called "center-image".

the plugin would identify that the website you are currently visiting is just a single image.

in such a case, it would center it. simple as that.

can anyone find this plugin?

the only thing i've found is this greasemonkey script, but it doesn't work for webpages that contain just the image, no matter what is the type of the file.

if you don't know what i mean about images webpages, here are 2 links: link1, link2.

instead of showing the image aligned to the left, i think it's nicer to show it centered.

----

EDIT:

I've found the links (together with users help here), updated the plugins according to what people have posted here, and here they are, modified and improved.

amongst the changes to the plugins, both of them now support both webP and SVG formats.

some possible improvements that i think could be nice:

center image could also work for other files, like video files and flash content. centering before downloading would be nicer than to wait for the image to be fully downloaded.

the preview image could have a "loading" frame instead of being empty till the image is fully downloaded.

might be even nicer if there was a plugin that is like both plugins combined: hovering would show the thumbnail, while clicking on the link would open a new mode on the same website as if you are opening an image file on explorer using an app (like fastStone), showing the image with options : "save to", "full screen", "close" (of this mode).

imgpreviewlinks.mxaddon

CenterImage.mxaddon

maybe, anyway, we can put a greasemonkey script if needed instead.

for example, in order to check if the current address ends with certain image files extensions, we could use this link and to get it we can use "window.location.href" ( of course, i don't have a lot of knowledge on javascript so i might be wrong).

i'm also not sure how to make the content of the page to be centered, especially not if i want to allow zooming.

• 2 weeks later...

You need MxPacker to extract files from extension (from here). Then open js file with text editor and look for JPG|JPEG|BMP just add WEBP.

About zoom glitch... well, as I said earlier - don't know how to fix it. I'm not into M3/4 plugin system neither java script.

cranq replied at 2013-7-26 16:14 back.gif

You need MxPacker to extract files from extension (from here). Then open js file with text editor an ...

seems the plugins are on:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\USER_NAME\Addons

many of them have weird names (with just numbers) instead of their real names.

also , i can't find the mxPacker to unpack the files. it's not on the sdk...

cranq replied at 2013-7-29 03:00 back.gif

UFO, it's not in SDK zip. Scroll down a little bit till u see "Maxthon Extension/Skin Package Tool". ...

why are they separated, and why do they call it "SDK" if it's just a document?

i also don't understand why it's not a standard compressed file that we need to use a tool for this, and why most of the plugins names are just numbers and so i can't see which is which...

anyway, attached the modified "center image" and "imgpreviewlinks" plugins. now both support webp images.

CenterImage.mxaddon

imgpreviewlinks.mxaddon

Because it's somehow cool when u have your own pack/unpack tool instead of Rar or 7zip file ;). As for the names... if u want, u can rename them anytime ;). Most folks probably don't bother to look something in Maxthon directories. Also, there's no need to pack extension every time u change something inside. Just copy plugin directory with unpacked files to ..\Addons\.

I have fixed zoom glitch but ther's some smal image flickering.

CenterImage.mxaddon

cranq replied at 2013-7-29 16:50 back.gif

Because it's somehow cool when u have your own pack/unpack tool instead of Rar or 7zip file ;). As f ...

it's ALREADY here: http://bbs.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=581

Why does NO ONE use the search function?

And no, it was by cranq, and that was ported over from the old forum as one of the FIRST threads to be ported over BEFORE the new forum even had gone official. However, the image link preview one IS mine.

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-7-29 15:42 back.gif

it's ALREADY here: http://bbs.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=581

Why does NO ONE use th ...

Have you tried search? It didn't (and doesn't) show up, at least for center image, center img does however show. Thus the importance of a proper title for a thread, not saying it is wrong, just that it may not be what most people will remember.

joemax replied at 2013-7-29 19:22 back.gif

Have you tried search? It didn't (and doesn't) show up, at least for center image, center img does ...

if you search either cranq or center. and sorry for snapping, I've just been itching today (not literally, though that too). Lots of ....crap lately. Sorry.

also yes, I have tried searching - that's how I had found my original thread.

Also I will give proper credit for the webp fix in my update on the extensions center, UFO. Sadly due to a big burp in my computer's cycles, I will have to wait until tomorrow at college to update the package on there. On Xbox right now. IE app comes in handy, but it's still often bloody annoying in a LOT of ways. For one, which is relevant to this case, I cannot d/l u/l files. Maybe Maxthon could feed my Xbox APP-etite...as an app.

So...off I go to bed.

cooltext.png

cranq replied at 2013-7-29 20:13 back.gif

Wrong quote Imanerd ;). Im not the one who was searching for this plugin because I have it on my hdd ...

Sorry, I know, I was lazy to see the original author, because by the time I had realized I was on the 2nd page of this thread, I had already typed half of my message and there wasn't a draft autosave copy.

anyway, I REALLY need to go to bed. College is early this semester. The one entrance is closed and my father almost had made me late today by "trying a new route."

cooltext.png

Try changing on_load to doc_start but I remember there was a problem with this on M3 because sometimes centering would not trigger at all. It was necessary to put a little delay to make it work properly ( setTimeout("centerIMG()",10) ).

Archived