Maxthon PC 7.1.8.6600 beta


BugSir009

Recommended Posts

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.6601 beta

* Optimize saving web images to remember the last saved type.
* Update multiple language translations.
- Fix potential freezes when closing tabs.
- Fix the issue where the BrightVPN extension cannot be deleted.
- Fix the issue with the mxnote pop-ups not being draggable.
- Fix the issue with the ‘Features’ page opening the extension store incorrectly.
- Fix the issue of inaccurate display/hide on the 'Features' page.

 

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6601/maxthon_7.1.8.6601_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6601/maxthon_7.1.8.6601_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6601/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.6601_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6601/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.6601_beta_x86.zip

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!
What's changed between 7.1.8.6600 & 7.1.8.6601?
Obviously not Chromium 109 to something newer!
I hope, when one fine day you actually do update the core, it will be to the current version at time.
Today, 20 February 2024, v122 is released as stable, so 'hopefully', that's the one you've been working on!?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
What's changed between 7.1.8.6600 & 7.1.8.6601?
Obviously not Chromium 109 to something newer!
I hope, when one fine day you actually do update the core, it will be to the current version at time.
Today, 20 February 2024, v122 is released as stable, so 'hopefully', that's the one you've been working on!?

We still hope
what a beautiful dream

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
What's changed between 7.1.8.6600 & 7.1.8.6601?
Obviously not Chromium 109 to something newer!
I hope, when one fine day you actually do update the core, it will be to the current version at time.
Today, 20 February 2024, v122 is released as stable, so 'hopefully', that's the one you've been working on!?

Hi MichaelC362, the developers fixed a bug and push the updated version subsequently. Yes the development team is working on updating the core and do be assured that when the core is updated, it will be updated with the latest stable core version at that point of time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm, in the About section it says to restart, to finish updating. I click the Restart button, but after it starts aain, the same 6600 version is shown, and the Restart is still there. Tried it 3 times and no update. WIll try to download the installer. I use Win10 pro 64bit and MX7 installed version.

edit: With downloaded installer it updates, so I guess it's some problem with auto-updater.

Edited by SirNasso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Hmmm, in the About section it says to restart, to finish updating. I click the Restart button, but after it starts aain, the same 6600 version is shown, and the Restart is still there. Tried it 3 times and no update.

I automatically updated from 6400 to 6600. And from 6600 to 6601 after clicking reboot. No problem.
Win 7 pro 64 bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, the developers fixed a bug and push the updated version subsequently. Yes the development team is working on updating the core and do be assured that when the core is updated, it will be updated with the latest stable core version at that point of time.

Hello!
That sounds good, but you've said much the same for the last year, so that implies you've been repeatedly working on the 'then' current version, not releasing it & starting all over again when the next version was released!

Since EVERY other browser (at least all the ones I've heard of) include the latest core not long after release, even the 'little ones', surely Maxthon can/should do the same?

You always say the 'development team' are working on it, but even if the 'team' consisted of just one person, in the 15 months since v109 was released, they've had plenty of time to incorporated a newer core!

In the past, Maxthon was first to market with pretty much all major browser innovations & that's why you built up such a dedicated following, but leaving the core so far behind (I assume just to keep the few Windows 7 & 8 users happy), is losing users, who have no choice but to change to another browser, as Maxthon is too old to be safe or compatible now!

Luckily, I'm not yet one of them as the websites I goto are, at least currently, still working, but for how much longer!?

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
That sounds good, but you've said much the same for the last year, so that implies you've been repeatedly working on the 'then' current version, not releasing it & starting all over again when the next version was released!

Since EVERY other browser (at least all the ones I've heard of) include the latest core not long after release, even the 'little ones', surely Maxthon can/should do the same?

You always say the 'development team' are working on it, but even if the 'team' consisted of just one person, in the 15 months since v109 was released, they've had plenty of time to incorporated a newer core!

In the past, Maxthon was first to market with pretty much all major browser innovations & that's why you built up such a dedicated following, but leaving the core so far behind (I assume just to keep the few Windows 7 & 8 users happy), is losing users, who have no choice but to change to another browser, as Maxthon is too old to be safe or compatible now!

Luckily, I'm not yet one of them as the websites I goto are, at least currently, still working, but for how much longer!?

Yes they're working but not hard enough 
upgrading to the latest core must be their first and most priority 
just trying to fix bugs and adding unimportant features made Maxthon just another browser
when alas it used to lead the competition 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 часов назад, MichaelC362 сказал:

Привет!
Звучит хорошо, но вы сказали то же самое в прошлом году, а это означает, что вы постоянно работали над «тогда» текущей версией, не выпуская ее и начиная все заново, когда была выпущена следующая версия!

поскольку КАЖДЫЙ другой браузер (по крайней мере, все я, о котором я слышал) включает в себя последнее ядро вскоре после выпуска, даже «маленькие», наверняка Maxthon может/должен сделать то же самое?

Вы всегда говорите, что над работает эта «команда разработчиков», но даже если «команда» состояла всего из одного человека, то за 15 месяцев с момента выпуска v109 у них было достаточно времени, чтобы внедрить новый источник!

В прошлом Maxthon был первым, кто представил на рынке практически все основные нововведения в области браузеров, и именно поэтому вы собрали такую преданную аудиторию, но лидеры рынка так далеко отстали (я просто для того, чтобы порадовать возможных пользователей Windows 7 и😎. различные варианты доступа, у которых нет другого выбора, кроме перехода ко всему браузеру, поскольку Maxthon сейчас слишком стар, чтобы быть безопасным или совместимым!

К счастью, я все еще не один из них, поскольку веб-сайты, которые я посещаю, хотя в настоящее время в меньшей степени все еще работают, но как долго?!

Абсолютно точно! Примеров много. Вот что для меня сейчас: Checker-Plus-for-Gmail не работает, вместо рейтинга Макстона зачем ни кому не нужное золото(которое 01.04.2024 аннулировано)  image.png.34db7bb77c62446ca67ad5f0adef74ad.png и другие...

В общем, браузер лучше не стал. Он просто пока живет за счет отличного старта. Но при таком унылом подходе ждать осталось не долго...

Edited by TVGSTR
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
That sounds good, but you've said much the same for the last year, so that implies you've been repeatedly working on the 'then' current version, not releasing it & starting all over again when the next version was released!

Since EVERY other browser (at least all the ones I've heard of) include the latest core not long after release, even the 'little ones', surely Maxthon can/should do the same?

You always say the 'development team' are working on it, but even if the 'team' consisted of just one person, in the 15 months since v109 was released, they've had plenty of time to incorporated a newer core!

In the past, Maxthon was first to market with pretty much all major browser innovations & that's why you built up such a dedicated following, but leaving the core so far behind (I assume just to keep the few Windows 7 & 8 users happy), is losing users, who have no choice but to change to another browser, as Maxthon is too old to be safe or compatible now!

Luckily, I'm not yet one of them as the websites I goto are, at least currently, still working, but for how much longer!?

Hi MichaelC362, will forward your feedback to the team for them to work on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! After the update, I have noticed that the Maxthon has a "very high" power usage level. There is a clean, newly opened browser on the screenshot, and after half an hour, nothing has changed. The sounds of the coolers also indicate that the power usage is higher than expected. This is unusual behavior.
image.png.837303dc7c53d7eaa7e4d34921dc7ac5.png

Nothing else was not changed, no new plugins etc. Any guess what could it be?

And I agree with others that the core is really outdated. Some sites write notices or refuse to open (for example: Session Buddy plugin or YandexMusic)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, IrWin00 said:

Hello! After the update, I have noticed that the Maxthon has a "very high" power usage level. There is a clean, newly opened browser on the screenshot, and after half an hour, nothing has changed. The sounds of the coolers also indicate that the power usage is higher than expected. This is unusual behavior.
image.png.837303dc7c53d7eaa7e4d34921dc7ac5.png

Nothing else was not changed, no new plugins etc. Any guess what could it be?

And I agree with others that the core is really outdated. Some sites write notices or refuse to open (for example: Session Buddy plugin or YandexMusic)

Hi IrWin00, could you take a screenshot again with the command line details?

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.