Version 7.0.0.3000 - Unwanted and Automatic Tab Refreshing

Just trying out the new V7 as I've been still on V6.  A clean install was done in a new directory, nothing was imported from any previous install.  I did not have this issue with V6.  

I've noticed that when I have any number of tabs open, just a couple or a couple dozen...when I go back to view one of the tabs that particular tab does an automatic refresh.  It will automatically do this by me just clicking on that tab to view it.  It's extremely annoying.  I could have some text written on a website text box, I go to view a different tab...then go back to the original tab.  That original tab refreshes automatically without input from me to do so and the text that I have written is of course now gone.

In the settings I basically turned off everything and this issue still exists. At first I thought Mouse Gestures or the Boss Key was wonky so I disabled all of that but with no change in my issue.  This issue is absolute and persistant...not here one time and not the next.  It always does it. If I have 20 tabs open, I can click on each tab just to view it again...but in doing so as I just click on each tab one by one each tab will automatically and unwantedly refresh.

I'm even writing this from Chrome as if I change a tabs in Maxthon, this tab will just refresh and this text will be lost. 

Anyone have a clue??

38 minutes ago, ckmullin said:

Just trying out the new V7 as I've been still on V6.  A clean install was done in a new directory, nothing was imported from any previous install.  I did not have this issue with V6.  

I've noticed that when I have any number of tabs open, just a couple or a couple dozen...when I go back to view one of the tabs that particular tab does an automatic refresh.  It will automatically do this by me just clicking on that tab to view it.  It's extremely annoying.  I could have some text written on a website text box, I go to view a different tab...then go back to the original tab.  That original tab refreshes automatically without input from me to do so and the text that I have written is of course now gone.

In the settings I basically turned off everything and this issue still exists. At first I thought Mouse Gestures or the Boss Key was wonky so I disabled all of that but with no change in my issue.  This issue is absolute and persistant...not here one time and not the next.  It always does it. If I have 20 tabs open, I can click on each tab just to view it again...but in doing so as I just click on each tab one by one each tab will automatically and unwantedly refresh.

I'm even writing this from Chrome as if I change a tabs in Maxthon, this tab will just refresh and this text will be lost. 

Anyone have a clue??

Hi ckmullin, could you try out this latest official version V7.0.2.2000 instead?

18 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi ckmullin, could you try out this latest official version V7.0.2.2000 instead?

So.  Did both and upgrade from the previous V7 install and a new standalone.  Same issue.  I then assume it has something to do with some Maxthon random file(s) on my computer that I'm unaware of which is messing with the new installs.  

By chance do you know all the typical directories that maxthon installs itself on C drive?  I'll be going through things myself and see what I can find.

ty for the help so far

About the new tab bar scrolling implementation.
If I choose from settings to scroll with the mouse wheel, instead o stacking tabs on the right, I cannot tell if I see all the tabs or I have to scroll the tab bar, because there is not any visual indicator of the overflow. In Chrome, using the experiments flags, I can activate the overflow left & right arrows ("<" and ">"), which are not pressent in the Maxthon implementation. Can you display these arrows? Thanks!

UPS!... Posted in the wrong page. Admin, please move my post in 7.0.2.2001 page! Thanks!

Maxthon Snap20230517133243.png

15 hours ago, Massor said:

About the new tab bar scrolling implementation.
If I choose from settings to scroll with the mouse wheel, instead o stacking tabs on the right, I cannot tell if I see all the tabs or I have to scroll the tab bar, because there is not any visual indicator of the overflow. In Chrome, using the experiments flags, I can activate the overflow left & right arrows ("<" and ">"), which are not pressent in the Maxthon implementation. Can you display these arrows? Thanks!

UPS!... Posted in the wrong page. Admin, please move my post in 7.0.2.2001 page! Thanks!

Maxthon Snap20230517133243.png

Hi Massor, request recorded.

I ended up going through the entire c and deleted every instance of previous maxthon installs.  After installing the latest version of 7, happy to report my issue was resolved.  Seems like a previous maxthon install was messing around with v7.  

case closed

Archived