Maxthon 7.0.2.2100 beta

MaxthonJeff

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2100 build, Zynga Poker have really bad performance and "Use hardware acceleration mode (if available) is always checked. Back to 1600 performance is OK as usually.

Maybe it's just me. If so, sorry.

Edit: Maxthon updated to 2100 build itself and performance is OK. I guess it was something else fault. 

Better I delete this post. 😋

On 5/29/2023 at 2:49 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, have you tried clearing the cache for the browser?

Hello!

I get this on multiple computers, with different Windows versions, but it's been present since v6 was first released.

However, next time I see it, I'll try deleting the cache & downloading the same file to see if that 'fixes' it... if it does, it just confirms what I've been saying all along - it's a cache issue!

Also, I can report still getting lots of programs (.exe) downloading with no file icon - not all, but many & the file does contain an icon as Windows shows it when browsing the folder. This too has been present since v6 first released. It's entirely possible that this is also addressable by clearing the cache... has the code for caching been checked as the issue has been reported many times over many years!?

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Also, I can report still getting lots of programs (.exe) downloading with no file icon - not all, but many & the file does contain an icon as Windows shows it when browsing the folder.

Hi MichaelC362, could you provide some download links so we could test out on our end?

On 5/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

I get this on multiple computers, with different Windows versions, but it's been present since v6 was first released.

However, next time I see it, I'll try deleting the cache & downloading the same file to see if that 'fixes' it... if it does, it just confirms what I've been saying all along - it's a cache issue!

Also, I can report still getting lots of programs (.exe) downloading with no file icon - not all, but many & the file does contain an icon as Windows shows it when browsing the folder. This too has been present since v6 first released. It's entirely possible that this is also addressable by clearing the cache... has the code for caching been checked as the issue has been reported many times over many years!?

Do you mean like the ones here image.png.5cf14c0e35a00f05315f8d1926710bb7.png

14 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Do you mean like the ones here image.png.5cf14c0e35a00f05315f8d1926710bb7.png

Yes, but sometimes with an even more 'bland' icon.

These are programs (.exe) that have an icon in the header, which is shown in File Explorer, but not in download manager. There is no obvious correlation between those that do show the icon & those that don't & if an icon isn't shown once, that doesn't mean it's not shown the next time (& vice versa)!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

Since version 7.0.2.2001(64-bit)0516 the browser performs a port scan when opening pages (100% reproduced when click "Open" on the "Last Page", there are 50 pages), my firewall sees this as an attack and blocks the browser. Below is the firewall log:

Time            IP address Event                                  Type of attack
13:11:42 192.168.1.1 Node is blocked for 5 min.    SCAN (59960, 54916, 60235, 63908, 63953, 63304, 62068)

Also the problem of accessing random ports from MX6 still exists in all MX7:

On 6/30/2023 at 7:16 PM, mxuser said:

Hello,

Since version 7.0.2.2001(64-bit)0516 the browser performs a port scan when opening pages (100% reproduced when click "Open" on the "Last Page", there are 50 pages), my firewall sees this as an attack and blocks the browser. Below is the firewall log:

Time            IP address Event                                  Type of attack
13:11:42 192.168.1.1 Node is blocked for 5 min.    SCAN (59960, 54916, 60235, 63908, 63953, 63304, 62068)

Also the problem of accessing random ports from MX6 still exists in all MX7:

Hi mxuser, what your firewall is blocking is actually our local server which is required when there is a need to check on local data. Similarly, the tcp connection is required since data is stored in local server. Kindly allow access for these two instances and let us know if the popup message still appears.

Archived