Maxthon 7.0.2.1400 beta

MaxthonJeff

10 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi thereddevilrulez, could you try out this issue using the test version attached and see if the problem persist?

Mx_0427.zip 152.84 MB · 29 downloads

Tab sleep bug seems to be fixed but unable to test properly since this test version is not reading other settings properly. For example, a new tab (from bookmarks) is being opened at the right of all tabs despite the setting to open next to the active tab is checked.

Maxthon 7.0.2.1400 beta crashing / closing when forwarding to a website in Retro (IE) mode.

Here's now to reproduce:

1. Open Maxthon (New Tab with tiles opens).
2. Go to some website, for example https://example.com and then enable Retro mode for it.
3. Click the Back button to return to then tiles page.
4. Click the Forward button to return to the website.
5. All open Maxthon windows will close.

Tested in Windows 7.

5 minutes ago, Perplexer said:

Maxthon 7.0.2.1400 beta crashing / closing when forwarding to a website in Retro (IE) mode.

Here's now to reproduce:

2. Go to some website, for example https://example.com and then enable Retro mode for it.

Tested in Windows 7.

Confirmed here following the steps on windows 10 installed version

Here's now to reproduce:

Tested in Windows 7.

@Perplexer and Mhzayer

Same here. Mx crashes in Win 10

If I may, I would like to make a SUGGESTION about something that has been somewhat awkward in Maxthon for some time now. The "Snap Screen" function has two options:

1. Snap Screen
2. Snap Page

I would suggest that option "Snap Screen" is renamed to "Snap Area" since it is designed to snap an area you manually select. Snap Screen suggests that a whole screen will be snapped, which is not the case, and sounds too similar to what the "Snap Page" function does, which makes it confusing. I hope you will consider updating that.

On 4/26/2023 at 5:08 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi @Ben.L.Salomon @Mhzayer @Magdalene, the developers are working on fixing Netflix error.

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as everyone with Netflix I guess. But I noticed one thing. When I open Netflix page in Brave browser for first time, it wanted to install Chrome Widevine extension. Without it same error like in MX, with it works properly. 

Just saying. Maybe could little help and make the fix faster. 

Meanwhile in anticipation I hope to be as soon as possible.

Thanks

45 minutes ago, 13892664 said:

Я никогда никому не порекомендую прислушиваться к твоему мнению.

He clearly said he doesn't recommend anyone to install Webroot 
He was just pointing out that the pc had Webroot that might be the cause 

On 4/26/2023 at 5:08 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi @Ben.L.Salomon @Mhzayer @Magdalene, the developers are working on fixing Netflix error.

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as everyone with Netflix I guess. But I noticed one thing. When I open Netflix page in Brave browser for the first time, it wanted to install Chrome Widevine extension. Without it same error like in MX, with it works properly. 

Just saying. Maybe could little help and make the fix faster. 

Meanwhile in anticipation I hope to be as soon as possible.

Thanks

Currently having issues that cause me to get logged out on sites I am logged into.

This seems to be cookies related, and happens at random. at one moment I am still logged into my {gmail, facebook account, twitter account, then i suddenly get logged out for no clear reason}.

What are solutions i can try and test at the moment now I have this issue. to see if I can replicate the bug I am expriencing.

If nothing works I can always try to do a FULL clean install of Maxthon 6 to see if this fixes the issue.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:55 PM, Perplexer said:

Here's now to reproduce:

Tested in Windows 7.

Hi Perplexer, bug reported.

On 4/29/2023 at 1:23 AM, Perplexer said:

If I may, I would like to make a SUGGESTION about something that has been somewhat awkward in Maxthon for some time now. The "Snap Screen" function has two options:

1. Snap Screen
2. Snap Page

I would suggest that option "Snap Screen" is renamed to "Snap Area" since it is designed to snap an area you manually select. Snap Screen suggests that a whole screen will be snapped, which is not the case, and sounds too similar to what the "Snap Page" function does, which makes it confusing. I hope you will consider updating that.

Request recorded.

On 4/28/2023 at 4:35 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Reaper1, you should be able to delete the previous email in the menu.

This has been reported to the development team. They will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Hi Refix2, could you try the merge local data in settings?

image.png

@BugSir009 thanks but I don't want to link the account. Without logging in to the Maxthon account, I want to copy the quick access database from the main local account to the local guest account.

Archived