Maxthon 7.0.2.1400 beta

MaxthonJeff

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1400/maxthon_7.0.2.1400_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1400/maxthon_7.0.2.1400_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1400/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.1400_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1400/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.1400_beta_x86.zip

+ Added minimum and maximum width settings for tab and bookmarks menu
* Fixed the issue of sync icons not disappearing in the list after creating/editing a title/changing the main text
* Fixed the issue of garbled website display in Maxthon Notes
* Fixed the issue of being unable to open local addresses with icons
* Fixed the issue of not being able to drag and sort in the bookmarks management page
* Fixed the issue of incorrect thumbnail display on the new tab page
* Fixed the crash when closing tabs after previewing favorited notes
* Fixed the crash caused by adding and reading new notes
* Fixed the crash when opening all bookmarks in a new window

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello!

For me, all of the betas after Version 7.0.0.3000 (64-bit) 0331 stable, upon first run, the browser immediately exits (no error) & after, I am unable to sign-in (no error).  Today's version just kept exiting upon loading, so couldn't be used at all.

This is a 'work' PC & has Webroot Endpoint Protection installed (certainly wouldn't be my choice!) - since there are no errors from Maxthon, I suspect Webroot is terminating Maxthon... the only added extensions are DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, UBlock Origin + Webroot Web Threat Shield.

Obviously, I never tick the box for BrightVPN during installation, but it is listed under features... could this or something else added in the latest betas be causing a security detection?

I will try it later tonight with Avira, but these recent Maxthon betas were previously ok with Bitdefender (removed as too annoying how it handles false positives).

There is still no correct translation into Polish, Netflix also does not work :(
Can you put the "passkeeper" option in the quick access and maxnote bar, or at least a keyboard shortcut for this option in the context menu?
How to copy "quick access" settings to a newly created account (both local accounts), importing passwords and bookmarks is OK, but quick access fails :(

Ver. for desktop, Win'11 x64

Zmiana kota.jpg

Sugestie paska adresu.jpg

Safe browsing.jpg

Menu karta.jpg

Interfejs.jpg

Domyślna przeglądarka.jpg

Aktywna karta.jpg

Quck Access.jpg

10 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

For me, all of the betas after Version 7.0.0.3000 (64-bit) 0331 stable, upon first run, the browser immediately exits (no error) & after, I am unable to sign-in (no error).  Today's version just kept exiting upon loading, so couldn't be used at all.

This is a 'work' PC & has Webroot Endpoint Protection installed (certainly wouldn't be my choice!) - since there are no errors from Maxthon, I suspect Webroot is terminating Maxthon... the only added extensions are DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, UBlock Origin + Webroot Web Threat Shield.

Obviously, I never tick the box for BrightVPN during installation, but it is listed under features... could this or something else added in the latest betas be causing a security detection?

I will try it later tonight with Avira, but these recent Maxthon betas were previously ok with Bitdefender (removed as too annoying how it handles false positives).

Have you checked installing Webroot on a working pc with maxthon already installed to see if Webroot was the culprit 

4 hours ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

Guys! Guuuuuuuuyyyys. Why is NETFLIX NOT FIXED ?

confirmed 
It gives an error code 07121-1331
that relates to outdated browser

When searching in MaxNote only hitting enter will initiate the search
clicking on that search icon doesn't do anyhingmaxnote.thumb.png.6a5e76b6bfb5704c03b109602b54c8bc.png

9 hours ago, Refix2 said:

There is still no correct translation into Polish, Netflix also does not work :(

Hi Refix2, there have been numerous update in QA and settings. Could you assist to go into Crowdin and check under New Tab section to see if you could assist to translate all those text in English to Polish? Once all translation is done, we can push for the update to be reflected. Netflix issue has already been reported and the developers will look into the fixing.

Can you put the "passkeeper" option in the quick access and maxnote bar, or at least a keyboard shortcut for this option in the context menu?

Request recorded.

How to copy "quick access" settings to a newly created account (both local accounts), importing passwords and bookmarks is OK, but quick access fails :(

You could try and go into Settings < General < Account Information < Restore from local < Select QuickAccess

image.png

12 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Have you checked installing Webroot on a working pc with maxthon already installed to see if Webroot was the culprit 

I'd never recommend Webroot to anyone as I've never seen a computer with it that wasn't infected(!) - not badly, but never clean!  This is a 'work' computer, not mine, so I'm limited by what they use. The last stable works ok, but all the betas after just exit or can't signin, so all passwords lost

8 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Refix2, there have been numerous update in QA and settings. Could you assist to go into Crowdin and check under New Tab section to see if you could assist to translate all those text in English to Polish? Once all translation is done, we can push for the update to be reflected. Netflix issue has already been reported and the developers will look into the fixing.

Request recorded.

You could try and go into Settings < General < Account Information < Restore from local < Select QuickAccess

image.png

Translations via https://crowdin.com/ are no longer available. I reported to the admin a long time ago that I can continue this by giving him an email address, but that's where it ended.
As for the option to restore quick access from a local account, I have already tried it in previous versions of Maxthon 6.0, 7.0 but without result. I also copied and renamed the appropriate file manually (from the backup) but Maxthon does not load it, it just overwrites it with the new standard quick access :(

7 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

I'd never recommend Webroot to anyone as I've never seen a computer with it that wasn't infected(!) - not badly, but never clean!  This is a 'work' computer, not mine, so I'm limited by what they use. The last stable works ok, but all the betas after just exit or can't signin, so all passwords lost

Hello!

As no-one else here is reporting this issue, can I ask all, does anyone else use Webroot security (Endpoint Protection in this case, but I suspect the anti-virus element is the same on other products of theirs)?

14 hours ago, Refix2 said:

Translations via https://crowdin.com/ are no longer available. I reported to the admin a long time ago that I can continue this by giving him an email address, but that's where it ended.

Hi Refix2, I have PM-ed you. Kindly check your mailbox in this forum.

14 hours ago, Refix2 said:

As for the option to restore quick access from a local account, I have already tried it in previous versions of Maxthon 6.0, 7.0 but without result. I also copied and renamed the appropriate file manually (from the backup) but Maxthon does not load it, it just overwrites it with the new standard quick access :(

I have checked with the developer and they mentioned that there should be more than one copy of the backup file. Perhaps you could try restoring another backup file and see if it works?

1. I've changed my email address in my profile from  a***u  to  a***m, but I still see an old email in the menu and login with that email. I want to completely move to a new email and never see the previous one.

2. Two-Factor Authentication does not work for me. I cannot set it up, because QR code for scanning by Authentication app is not displayed on Step 3

image.thumb.png.99df1a59b599dc9b4d8b0d6994d2a078.png

On step 2 I see only a QR code for downloading authenticator app, I check "I have already installed the authenticator", press next and then should enter 6-digit code right away.

17 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Refix2, I have PM-ed you. Kindly check your mailbox in this forum.

I have checked with the developer and they mentioned that there should be more than one copy of the backup file. Perhaps you could try restoring another backup file and see if it works?

That's right, there are many quick access backup files, but I don't want to restore only copy/move from one local account to another so that I don't have to create a new quick access database in which I have dozens of items. So far I haven't been able to do it even manually, that's why I asked the question.
As for private messages, I will send the info to the given address.

9 hours ago, Reaper1 said:

1. I've changed my email address in my profile from  a***u  to  a***m, but I still see an old email in the menu and login with that email. I want to completely move to a new email and never see the previous one.

Hi Reaper1, you should be able to delete the previous email in the menu.

9 hours ago, Reaper1 said:

2. Two-Factor Authentication does not work for me. I cannot set it up, because QR code for scanning by Authentication app is not displayed on Step 3

This has been reported to the development team. They will try to fix it as soon as possible.

6 hours ago, Refix2 said:

That's right, there are many quick access backup files, but I don't want to restore only copy/move from one local account to another so that I don't have to create a new quick access database in which I have dozens of items. So far I haven't been able to do it even manually, that's why I asked the question.

Hi Refix2, could you try the merge local data in settings?

image.png

Archived