Can`t log into my account

Reasdor

March 23 I was unable to log into my account, which is rather strange, because for 8 years of using the browser of different versions (currently using version 6.1.3.3000) and there were no errors or problems in order to log into my account , until now. Attempts to reinstall the browser, clear the cache failed, I still see errors: "50502 Bad Gateway", "-7 net::ERR_TIMED_OUT". Please, help! I really would not want to lose my bookmarks accumulated over 8 years. Thanks in advance for your help.

I also have been unable to login to my account since April 23. I was logged in, but then I tried to manually sync passkeeper, and Maxthon said I had to logout/login to do so. I never was able to log back in since then. I get various errors, such as the one below or "bad gateway."

Version7.0.0.1100(64-bit)0113

image.png.694ac6246ca1a0c4b9f2743031995004.png

12 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi @Reasdor @vedicaudio @svamal, could you download and install the latest beta version V7.0.2.1400 and see if you experience login issue?

Hi, yes I tried to install version V7.0.2.1400, but installation was constantly interrupted without any errors, as if the installer had closed itself. Installation is fine, only on all versions of the 6th or older versions. But the problem remains the same: I can't login to my account (error "50502 Bad Gateway" or "-7 net::ERR_TIMED_OUT")

36 minutes ago, MaxthonJeff said:

For those who have login issues, try to ping login-u.mxfast.com and post the result here or PM me.

Thanks

2023-04-27_19-07-49.jpg

Not certain if this has any value but since this problem started, I've notice that the Maxthon App Icon on the task bar is a generic "filler" whereas previously, the Maxthon Logo was displayed.

2023-04-27_19-11-01.jpg

9 minutes ago, pug said:

2023-04-27_19-07-49.jpg

Not certain if this has any value but since this problem started, I've notice that the Maxthon App Icon on the task bar is a generic "filler" whereas previously, the Maxthon Logo was displayed.

2023-04-27_19-11-01.jpg

2023-04-27_19-15-55.jpg

Would appear that there isn't a solution.  Not only are my bookmarks unavailable to me but also important passwords.  To further alienate me from more than a decade of loyalty to Maxthon, my Android app now arbitrarily drops from my screen while I am keying to it.  Such a disappointment!

22 minutes ago, pug said:

Would appear that there isn't a solution.  Not only are my bookmarks unavailable to me but also important passwords.  To further alienate me from more than a decade of loyalty to Maxthon, my Android app now arbitrarily drops from my screen while I am keying to it.  Such a disappointment!

My android app was doing this too - while reading a page in Mx the screen would revert to the home page. Mx could be brought back as it was still open in the background but defiitely not usable. I decided to un and reinstal Maxthon, bad mistake, the newly installed version will not accept my sign on showing the messages mentioned by others.
So Maxthon android at least seems to be broken and  I am not sure if Jeff and the admins are engaged with this or not as it has been misbehaving for weeks now.  

Mobile version for Android (7.0.1.1000) crashes for no reason, even if the browser just starts and does nothing else. I`m reinstalled Maxton and now just can't log in into my account. I sent a request to the support service through the form on the site and on e-mail (help@maxthon.com). No answer, just silence. It is sad

image.thumb.png.da8c0aeea9ffb48e88b82099d5338147.png

11 hours ago, pug said:

Not only bookmarks, but all program settings, QuickAccess, extensions, mouse gestures, keyboard shortcuts, website aliases, direct URLs.

Maxthon without functional sync is basically useless. Fortunately, I had anticipated a problem with passkeeper at some point, and had recently transferred all my passwords to a 3rd party extension, which I have also installed on Brave Browser.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:31 PM, MaxthonJeff said:

For those who have login issues, try to ping login-u.mxfast.com and post the result here or PM me.

Thanks

Hi, can you confirm whether you have been able to at least replicate the issue on your own installs?

I would say the issue is for more like few months not few weeks, at least for me anyway.

I still use version  mx5.3.8.2000 & the portable version for it, i set it to auto log-in and a few times including recently and continuing now, when i open the browser there is a message saying 'your account is abnormal, please log in again'. if i cancel or close that error, i can use the browser with my setting but Passkeeper will not log in, repeating that message at each try. if i click OK, not cancel, then it goes to the log in screen and i am unable to log back in, most recently showing  '-7 net::ERR_TIMED_OUT' after trying to log in.

With regards to MX6/7, i am actually typing this on the latest stable release, which crashed shortly after i click for it to open, without even reaching the start page, so i had to click from the start menu again, hope it will allow me to finish this post.  Similiar to mentioned above, my taskbar icon for this version is a blank page, not like pictured above, just looks like a small blank page.

Since i use a few different versions (installed & portable, MX5 & MX6), when one misbehaves, i switch to another; they have never all crashed at the same time.  Also, since you can't access Passkeeper from any other browser, i started exporting passwords to an Excel file stored in Onedrive.

Hope it all gets fixed soon

Hi @pug @skidude2 @ivyl, the developers are trying to fix the android version issues. I will update once a stable version has been released.

1 hour ago, garmac said:

I would say the issue is for more like few months not few weeks, at least for me anyway.

I still use version  mx5.3.8.2000 & the portable version for it, i set it to auto log-in and a few times including recently and continuing now, when i open the browser there is a message saying 'your account is abnormal, please log in again'. if i cancel or close that error, i can use the browser with my setting but Passkeeper will not log in, repeating that message at each try. if i click OK, not cancel, then it goes to the log in screen and i am unable to log back in, most recently showing  '-7 net::ERR_TIMED_OUT' after trying to log in.

With regards to MX6/7, i am actually typing this on the latest stable release, which crashed shortly after i click for it to open, without even reaching the start page, so i had to click from the start menu again, hope it will allow me to finish this post.  Similiar to mentioned above, my taskbar icon for this version is a blank page, not like pictured above, just looks like a small blank page.

Since i use a few different versions (installed & portable, MX5 & MX6), when one misbehaves, i switch to another; they have never all crashed at the same time.  Also, since you can't access Passkeeper from any other browser, i started exporting passwords to an Excel file stored in Onedrive.

Hope it all gets fixed soon

Hi garmac, have you tried downloading the latest version V7.0.2.1500?

I have the same issue with Maxthon 5.3.8.2000 I can’t connect to my account saying no network but in the same time Maxthon v6. Works just fine …. But the problem is my passwords and bookmarks since Mx.5 didn’t save anything in the last 2 months or so…. Anybody have any idea how I can connect with mx5 until I save everything… Thanks 

Similiar to mentioned above, my taskbar icon for this version is a blank page, not like pictured above, just looks like a small blank page.

Confirmed. I have same here sometimes. I also have random crashing and hanging on browser startup, and processes that can't be turned off/closed down after browser closedown or when browser hangs. "Continue running background app after closing Maxthon browser" is turned off. PS there should be a "s" at the end of "app".

16 hours ago, Bubu272 said:

I have the same issue with Maxthon 5.3.8.2000 I can’t connect to my account saying no network but in the same time Maxthon v6. Works just fine …. But the problem is my passwords and bookmarks since Mx.5 didn’t save anything in the last 2 months or so…. Anybody have any idea how I can connect with mx5 until I save everything… Thanks 

Hi Bubu272, could you try with version V 5.3.8.2100?

just like břešťan the grain version for android (7.0.1.1000) crashes for no reason even if the browser just starts and does nothing else. I reinstalled Maxton and now I can't log into my account. I sent a request to the support service through the form on the website and by email (help@maxthon.com), no response was received

5 hours ago, maverick17 said:

just like břešťan the grain version for android (7.0.1.1000) crashes for no reason even if the browser just starts and does nothing else. I reinstalled Maxton and now I can't log into my account. I sent a request to the support service through the form on the website and by email (help@maxthon.com), no response was received

Hi maverick17, please try with the attached test version.

mx_five_pre_m6_google_play_mx6_3f67a29_14980_7.0.1.2200_proguard_202305041218.apk

I have just installed the lates Android  test version sent to me by Bugsir009 and - and - and I can login now and browsing does not crash on the one website used. But it will not sync any of my settings so only a partial success so far. Thanks at least for something that works.

A follow up to this is that it did sync my settings  as I discovered the next day. So all is now well with Android at least.

1 hour ago, Bubu272 said:

Last night I tried the portable version of the above mentioned beta version…. The problem is still there…. No network 

For some months now I have been unable to login with 5.3.8.2000 when I am using XP or Win 10). It tries to login but eventually says "No network connection". I assumed that it was because the Mx servers no longer supported v5 as clearly nothing has changed in the portable version used. I too would like a fix for this if possible as I do still have to use XP from time to time and it would be great to have my passwords and favorites available again.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:59 PM, skidude2 said:

For some months now I have been unable to login with 5.3.8.2000 when I am using XP or Win 10). It tries to login but eventually says "No network connection". I assumed that it was because the Mx servers no longer supported v5 as clearly nothing has changed in the portable version used. I too would like a fix for this if possible as I do still have to use XP from time to time and it would be great to have my passwords and favorites available again.

Hi skidude2 @Bubu272, it is advisable to download MX6 and you will be able to import all your data over.

7 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi skidude2 @Bubu272, it is advisable to download MX6 and you will be able to import all your data over.

I already installed mx6 …but my problem is as I described earlier mx5 didn’t save anything in the last few months and all my bookmarks and passwords are gone…. I still wait for a solution the login with mx5 to be able to save everything even manually if needed Thanks 

8 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

The point is that MX v5 does not login any more. I have to work in XP sometimes but can no longer use v5 or (v6 obviously) in XP.
I migrated to v6 last year and this is not my issue. I want Mx5 to still work and sync in XP. 

16 hours ago, Bubu272 said:

I already installed mx6 …but my problem is as I described earlier mx5 didn’t save anything in the last few months and all my bookmarks and passwords are gone…. I still wait for a solution the login with mx5 to be able to save everything even manually if needed Thanks 

15 hours ago, skidude2 said:

The point is that MX v5 does not login any more. I have to work in XP sometimes but can no longer use v5 or (v6 obviously) in XP.
I migrated to v6 last year and this is not my issue. I want Mx5 to still work and sync in XP. 

Hi @Bubu272 @skidude2, kindly PM me your IP address so I could forward it to the engineers for them to check on the login issue. Thank you.

Archived