Maxthon 7.0.2.1300 beta

MaxthonJeff

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1300/maxthon_7.0.2.1300_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1300/maxthon_7.0.2.1300_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1300/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.1300_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.1300/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.1300_beta_x86.zip

+ Added backup login server
+ Added option to hide topbar on new tab
+ Added tab context menu, add desktop app
- Optimized style for quick note
- Optimized stype of new tab page
* Fixed "could not as as PDF on page context menu" problem
* Fixed "switch account caused crash"
* Fixed "Save to max note caused crash"

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hi!
No option to disable the new panel Quick Access/MaxNote.

When opening previously closed tabs, 2 browser windows open. One empty, the second with previously closed tabs. The problem has been known for a long time, but it has not yet been fixed.

Fix it

15 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

Hi alexzhus, you can choose to close the new top panel in QA page settings. Kindly go to Settings < Appearance < disable Show Top Bar

image.png

17 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

When opening previously closed tabs, 2 browser windows open. One empty, the second with previously closed tabs. The problem has been known for a long time, but it has not yet been fixed.

I have feedback this issue to the development team previously and was told that by opening the closed tabs in a new window, user will be able to click back and forward at the tab page to see previously opened sites. On the contrary, if tabs were to be opened in current window, user will not be able to click back to view previously opened sites.

13 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Hi!

Fix it

I used to have this problem but not anymore
I can now clicl restore colsed tabs and they open normally

1 hour ago, alexzhus said:

I can also restore them and they also open normally for me. But the fact is that 2 browser windows open, not one.

This is what I meant.
It used to open two windows 
Now it opens in the same window

I'm using the installed version on windows 10

12 minutes ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

Last two updates. Netflix not working. Unsupported broswer. And im using clear maxthon..... So currently is 16th update! SKY is not fixed yet... Now netflix stop working. Make maxthon great again....  Good old times when MX5 got update two time per year and always be 100% fine. 

The problem is that chromium gets updated very frequently and Maxthon Devs haven't yet found a way to implement it ASAP
I suggested many times that they split Maxthon to two channels,
Beta: for implementing the latest chromium as soon as it's updated and

Stable: where they use the best chromium that has been tested in their beta channel and users have already contributed to finding bugs and issues in it

This way users who like Maxthon and use it as their primary browser will have a stable version handy

while enthusiastic users who love contributing to the development of Maxthon know what they're dealing with

and all will be happy

23 minutes ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

Last two updates. Netflix not working. Unsupported broswer. And im using clear maxthon..... So currently is 16th update! SKY is not fixed yet... Now netflix stop working. Make maxthon great again....  Good old times when MX5 got update two time per year and always be 100% fine. 

BTW:

You can use a UA extension that will solve this problem till they find a way to get the engine updated faster

7 hours ago, Magdalene said:

"Show wallpaper switcher" button in New Tab Page settings still doesn't work.

Hi Magdalene, bug reported.

4 hours ago, Chemodan said:

Thank you. But this is not implemented very well. Each time you go to the Quick Access page, the top bar flashes for a split second and then turns off.

Hi Chemodan, bug reported.

5 hours ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

Hi Ben.L.Salomon, I have reported this issue to the development team for them to look into it.

8 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

This is what I meant.
It used to open two windows 
Now it opens in the same window

I'm using the installed version on windows 10

So you are in luck. I have 2 windows open. Win 7 x 64

And they try to tell me the following:

On 4/17/2023 at 8:33 AM, BugSir009 said:

I have feedback this issue to the development team previously and was told that by opening the closed tabs in a new window, user will be able to click back and forward at the tab page to see previously opened sites. On the contrary, if tabs were to be opened in current window, user will not be able to click back to view previously opened sites.

But if it is implemented as described above, then why do you have one window open and everything is fine. Something is not clear.

Hello!

Today, when I opened Maxthon, it briefly flashed a white background & exited, with no error... Upon relaunching, I was signed out & despite repeated attempts, it wouldn't let me sign in again (no error).  The entries under Passkeeper were still present for website & username, but all had lost the passwords (i.e. every one of them were blank). I performed a complete uninstall, via HiBit Uninstaller, removing all registry + file traces & then reinstalled the latest beta & that allowed me to signin ok.  After waiting quite a while (maybe 10 minutes) it finished syncing & I had the passwords & most settings back (not all are synced, don't know why you'd do some & not others!?). Obviously, I can't send any logs here as I did a full remove, not just uninstall, so simply reporting the issue.

When opening a new tab or browser session, despite "Show top bar" being disabled, briefly, the top bar is still shown, before being removed... would it not make more sense to check the setting first & display or not accordingly!?

For me, one of the most annoying 'features' of recent Maxthon is to not open a new tab on the right, when clicking the "+", when another tab has focus... opening next to that tab would be fine if I was say opening a link, but clicking the "+" should open the tab there - it's logical & what we've all gotten used to from past versions, so expect in current releases.

Hello!

Despite "Tab sleep" not being ticked, tabs are still being put to sleep, although not all of them...

I have 8 tabs set to open at startup everyday &, on some days, some are never brought to focus, but they still remain 'awake' & others, which have been clicked on, later goto sleep!

1 hour ago, grisp1 said:

Hello.

I have about 150 links in Favorites (in a separate folder), and this version shuts down when I try to open all of them in Incognito mode.

Thanks!

Confirmed here though I have only 8 tabs only

Edit:
It does that even with a folder that has only 2 tabs

Edit:

It doesn't do it if the folder has only 1 tab

Hello!

On a computer with Maxthon where there are no bookmarks, the "Import bookmarks" link appears above the QA screen, where the bookmark bar would be, even if "Custom UI/Show bookmarks bar" is disabled...

There are QA shortcuts, which are all that's used & needed on this computer, but if that bar wasn't shown, there'd be more screen space (not enough for a whole row of shortcuts, but could be enough to show all of the shortcuts for a row that was otherwise cut off by this wasted line).

I find it aesthetically displeasing as the option is off, but the bar is still shown!

Also, when changing the number of shortcuts in QA per row ("Quick Access/Layout/Item per row" (which is spelt wrong as should say "Items")), would be good to be able to use some of the wasted space to the sides, rather than just making the shortcuts smaller.  This could be achieved with changeable 'margin' sizes as a setting.  I've seen plenty of customer's computers where there were so many shortcuts, they weren't all displayable without scrolling, but if they were displayed utilizing more of the screen width, they'd have fitted.

17 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

The problem is that chromium gets updated very frequently and Maxthon Devs haven't yet found a way to implement it ASAP
I suggested many times that they split Maxthon to two channels,
Beta: for implementing the latest chromium as soon as it's updated and

Stable: where they use the best chromium that has been tested in their beta channel and users have already contributed to finding bugs and issues in it

This way users who like Maxthon and use it as their primary browser will have a stable version handy

while enthusiastic users who love contributing to the development of Maxthon know what they're dealing with

and all will be happy

BTW:

You can use a UA extension that will solve this problem till they find a way to get the engine updated faster

Good idea but... Stable version would use it all the time chromium 98 :Upside-Down_Face_Emoji_Icon_42x42: 

And as for the beta. I think the developers are testing us to see what our nerves can hold. Because it is not possible for every update to be more of a downgrade.
They also ignore our problems and fix something that no one reported.

Which of UA is the best? There is too many possible choises

Here's my latest JSON file for this extension. Import and type "All" in Domain just choose MX7 as default/ Permanent spoof. Remember to modify the Windows NT number depending on your version of Windows (see here https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25261-mx-7-mx-6-mx-5-updated-user-agent/

user_agent_export.json

13 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Today, when I opened Maxthon, it briefly flashed a white background & exited, with no error... Upon relaunching, I was signed out & despite repeated attempts, it wouldn't let me sign in again (no error).  The entries under Passkeeper were still present for website & username, but all had lost the passwords (i.e. every one of them were blank). I performed a complete uninstall, via HiBit Uninstaller, removing all registry + file traces & then reinstalled the latest beta & that allowed me to signin ok.  After waiting quite a while (maybe 10 minutes) it finished syncing & I had the passwords & most settings back (not all are synced, don't know why you'd do some & not others!?). Obviously, I can't send any logs here as I did a full remove, not just uninstall, so simply reporting the issue.

Hi MichaelC362, noted on this. Do send us the crash report if you were to experience similar error again.

When opening a new tab or browser session, despite "Show top bar" being disabled, briefly, the top bar is still shown, before being removed... would it not make more sense to check the setting first & display or not accordingly!?

This has been reported to the development team for them to look into it.

For me, one of the most annoying 'features' of recent Maxthon is to not open a new tab on the right, when clicking the "+", when another tab has focus... opening next to that tab would be fine if I was say opening a link, but clicking the "+" should open the tab there - it's logical & what we've all gotten used to from past versions, so expect in current releases.

Request recorded.

13 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Hello.

I have about 150 links in Favorites (in a separate folder), and this version shuts down when I try to open all of them in Incognito mode.

Thanks!

Hi grisp1, bug reported. This will be fixed in the next version.

11 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

On a computer with Maxthon where there are no bookmarks, the "Import bookmarks" link appears above the QA screen, where the bookmark bar would be, even if "Custom UI/Show bookmarks bar" is disabled...

There are QA shortcuts, which are all that's used & needed on this computer, but if that bar wasn't shown, there'd be more screen space (not enough for a whole row of shortcuts, but could be enough to show all of the shortcuts for a row that was otherwise cut off by this wasted line).

I find it aesthetically displeasing as the option is off, but the bar is still shown!

Hi MichaelC362, could you send us a screenshot or a short video on this issue?

11 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Also, when changing the number of shortcuts in QA per row ("Quick Access/Layout/Item per row" (which is spelt wrong as should say "Items")), would be good to be able to use some of the wasted space to the sides, rather than just making the shortcuts smaller.  This could be achieved with changeable 'margin' sizes as a setting.  I've seen plenty of customer's computers where there were so many shortcuts, they weren't all displayable without scrolling, but if they were displayed utilizing more of the screen width, they'd have fitted.

Request recorded.

10 hours ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

And as for the beta. I think the developers are testing us to see what our nerves can hold. Because it is not possible for every update to be more of a downgrade.
They also ignore our problems and fix something that no one reported.

Hi Ben.L.Salomon, would like to seek your understanding as we have lesser developers now and they have been working hard to resolve all issues found or reported by users. We are receiving feedbacks and suggestions from other portals as well other than this forum; which explains why some fixes are done when it is not reported in here. I have already reported the skyshowtime and netflix issue to the developers but they would require more time to look into it. Rest assured that they will check on the bugs reported and we appreciate your patience and understanding on this.

Hello!

Today, had a repeat of yesterday - when I opened Maxthon, it briefly flashed a white background & exited, with no error... Upon relaunching, I was signed out & despite repeated attempts, it wouldn't let me sign in again (no error).  At one point, there were 35 Maxthon processes running!  The entries under Passkeeper were still present for website & username, but all had lost the passwords. A reinstall over top didn't help, but performing a complete uninstall, via HiBit Uninstaller, removing all registry + file traces & then reinstalling the latest beta allowed me to signin ok.  After syncing finished (doesn't keep theme, some QA or Secure DNS settings), I was back up ok.  Can't really have it doing this every day!

Here's a picture of the bookmark bar issue, where it shows Import bookmarks, when Show bookmark bar is disabled:

image.png.a5d7870f3d7822266feaa70b2b9fbc5f.png

19 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Today, had a repeat of yesterday - when I opened Maxthon, it briefly flashed a white background & exited, with no error... Upon relaunching, I was signed out & despite repeated attempts, it wouldn't let me sign in again (no error). 

Hi MichaelC362, are you able to record a short video on this issue?

19 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Here's a picture of the bookmark bar issue, where it shows Import bookmarks, when Show bookmark bar is disabled:

image.png.a5d7870f3d7822266feaa70b2b9fbc5f.png

Bug reported.

17 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Getting duplicate entries in download manager again - been fine for a while & now back:

image.png.e59fa6bd4143e7c6557b9bf3ee98e808.png

Hi MichaelC362, could you try not to use your user data or perhaps try using the portable version to see if all these issues still persist?

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, are you able to record a short video on this issue?

Hello!

It is as I said, so a video wouldn't help.

Today, 3rd day in a row, it did it again, so I've removed current beta via HiBit Uninstaller & installed Version7.0.0.3000 (64-bit) 0331... 

It runs ok all day long on the beta & I have to exit & reload to get the wallpaper to display (another bug?), but we'll see what happens tomorrow using the stable version, which previously worked as expected

Archived