RE: Is there a way to add a "Find" button to the Maxthon web browser interface?

MonteCarlo1987

Hello. Nice to meet you all! I have a question to ask you.

I have installed the latest Maxthon 7 web browser [Version 7.0.0.3000 (64-bit) 0331]. I use the "find" feature often searching for key words on webpages. I use the Ctrl + F key in order to open up the find/search box at the top of the web browser. Now, instead of using the keystrokes I just mentioned, is there a way to customize and add the Find feature as part of the Maxthon web browser interface as an interactive icon button to click on in order to open the option instead? I see there is a sidebar to the left of the web browser by default providing a "Bookmark" and "Note" icons, is there a way to add a Find button there (or anywhere for that matter on the web browser interface that I can access via a mouse click)? Please reply. Thanks!

6 hours ago, 9627637 said:

Hello. Nice to meet you all! I have a question to ask you.

I have installed the latest Maxthon 7 web browser [Version 7.0.0.3000 (64-bit) 0331]. I use the "find" feature often searching for key words on webpages. I use the Ctrl + F key in order to open up the find/search box at the top of the web browser. Now, instead of using the keystrokes I just mentioned, is there a way to customize and add the Find feature as part of the Maxthon web browser interface as an interactive icon button to click on in order to open the option instead? I see there is a sidebar to the left of the web browser by default providing a "Bookmark" and "Note" icons, is there a way to add a Find button there (or anywhere for that matter on the web browser interface that I can access via a mouse click)? Please reply. Thanks!

Hi 9627637, currently we do not provide this feature. However, you may consider adding an extension to the browser as shortcut function. This could be an option: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/highlight-this-finds-and/fgmbnmjmbjenlhbefngfibmjkpbcljaj

Hello. Nice to meet you! Thank you for your prompt reply. I just changed my profile name and photo to reflect my identity since reactivating my account. 

I appreciate your response. I have installed the extension and I will soon set it up. Hopefully things go well. On the surface, it looks very developed and complete.

Thanks for your help! 

Not sure if your are part of the IT department or team that works on the development of Maxthon, but please either pass the word about adding a "find" button feature to the web browser or please include in the development this feature in the next minor/major update of the program. In all honesty, I am surprised it has not been added in the 21 years since its initial development.

Thank you again for your help!

8 hours ago, MonteCarlo1987 said:

Hello. Nice to meet you! Thank you for your prompt reply. I just changed my profile name and photo to reflect my identity since reactivating my account. 

I appreciate your response. I have installed the extension and I will soon set it up. Hopefully things go well. On the surface, it looks very developed and complete.

Thanks for your help! 

Not sure if your are part of the IT department or team that works on the development of Maxthon, but please either pass the word about adding a "find" button feature to the web browser or please include in the development this feature in the next minor/major update of the program. In all honesty, I am surprised it has not been added in the 21 years since its initial development.

Hi MonteCarlo1987, request recorded.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2023 at 1:37 AM, MonteCarlo1987 said:

Thanks for your help! 

Wow, 21 years! That's quite a milestone. You are right, a "find" button feature would be great and I'm sure the developers are already considering it. The beauty of forums like this is that we have a direct line to the developers to make sure they hear our voices and requests. Hopefully the next update will include that feature!

Archived