maxthon 7.0.0.3000

MaxthonJeff

On 4/20/2023 at 10:48 PM, Mhzayer said:

All they can do is try to figure out where the problem is
Sometimes it's not in the browser itself but in the user data folders or in some extensions
So you should try different senarios to see if you can fix it yourself or at least help them figure it out themselves

Thanks for being a helpful, patient and loyal Maxthon user😊👍🌹

yep, and that's why i offer they connect via AnyDesk and see for themselves, without relying on my words (which may be inaccurate).

btw, i have no extensions excluding google translate & adblock. user data initially was created by some early mx7, no improt (excluding qa was from mx5 cloud settings).

Today I have detected that Maxthon does not synchronize. I use the portable version 7.0.2.1300 on two computers working fine. I have used the same version on a laptop and it recognizes me as a user, but does not sync data and shows a failure message. On this new computer I have no access to bookmarks or extensions or appearance. I have gone to one of the computers where Maxthon works and I see that it does not synchronize either.

On the other hand, a couple of days ago, I have noticed that the dark aspect of the YouTube web does not work in Maxthon (it only shows in white background), but it works fine in other browsers. I have done the test of using to replace the current version with version 7.0.2.1200 and the same thing happens.

On 4/22/2023 at 4:34 AM, trump98 said:

yep, and that's why i offer they connect via AnyDesk and see for themselves, without relying on my words (which may be inaccurate).

btw, i have no extensions excluding google translate & adblock. user data initially was created by some early mx7, no improt (excluding qa was from mx5 cloud settings).

Hi trump98, there are usually quite a few bugs fixing in each version and these could optimize the issues you were facing. And this is the reason why we would recommend users to download the latest version to try.

On 4/22/2023 at 5:16 PM, 30312516 said:

There will be hotfix for this?

CVE-2023-2136
CVE-2023-2033

Hi 30312516, these fixes might require another chromium update. The development team are still trying to stabilise the current chromium version we have.

7 hours ago, cherey said:

Today I have detected that Maxthon does not synchronize. I use the portable version 7.0.2.1300 on two computers working fine. I have used the same version on a laptop and it recognizes me as a user, but does not sync data and shows a failure message. On this new computer I have no access to bookmarks or extensions or appearance. I have gone to one of the computers where Maxthon works and I see that it does not synchronize either.

Hi cherey, did you try on the installed version?

7 hours ago, cherey said:

On the other hand, a couple of days ago, I have noticed that the dark aspect of the YouTube web does not work in Maxthon (it only shows in white background), but it works fine in other browsers. I have done the test of using to replace the current version with version 7.0.2.1200 and the same thing happens.

Have you selected a different theme under settings? 

27 minutes ago, cherey said:

I don't know what could be happening with the YouTube web, but I can't get it to work with the dark theme. I have already tried even in a clean installation in a virtual machine and it is not possible.

Try this extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhancer-for-youtube/ponfpcnoihfmfllpaingbgckeeldkhle

I recently clicked on "check for new version" in my MX6 and it automatically downloaded and updated my Maxthon to version 7.0.0.3000.

Since this upgrade, I am noticing that the refresh button in the upper left corner does not work, most of the time. Even right-click on it and selecting "Refresh" or "Force Refresh" does not work. I'm quite surprised nobody else reported this yet. When I say "most of the time", I mean like 80% of the time. Every now and then it works which is making it hard for me to reproduce the issue reliably. But when it does happen, the way to make it work in the current tab is to switch to another tab and theh switch back. Then the refresh button will work. Anyone else noticed this?

For example, open https://www.srrdb.com/ but don't click on this link! Instead select it, copy it, open a new tab and paste it into the address bar and then try refresh after the page loads completely. Just make sure it is not the only tab you have open. I think I haven't been able to reproduce this issue when only one tab is opened. Has to be 2 or more, I think.

I'm testing this on Windows 7 in case that matters somehow.

35 minutes ago, Perplexer said:

Since this upgrade, I am noticing that the refresh button in the upper left corner does not work, most of the time. Even right-click on it and selecting "Refresh" or "Force Refresh" does not work.

You are inattentive. I wrote about this in the topic 7.0.0.2000 and in the same 7.0.0.3000 on the previous page.

6 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

You are inattentive. I wrote about this in the topic 7.0.0.2000 and in the same 7.0.0.3000 on the previous page.

Ok so I'm actually glad it's not just me. I guess it's time the devs fix it then, if it's there since 7.0.0.2000 already! It's quite annoying!

7 hours ago, Perplexer said:

I recently clicked on "check for new version" in my MX6 and it automatically downloaded and updated my Maxthon to version 7.0.0.3000.

Since this upgrade, I am noticing that the refresh button in the upper left corner does not work, most of the time. Even right-click on it and selecting "Refresh" or "Force Refresh" does not work. I'm quite surprised nobody else reported this yet. When I say "most of the time", I mean like 80% of the time. Every now and then it works which is making it hard for me to reproduce the issue reliably. But when it does happen, the way to make it work in the current tab is to switch to another tab and theh switch back. Then the refresh button will work. Anyone else noticed this?

For example, open https://www.srrdb.com/ but don't click on this link! Instead select it, copy it, open a new tab and paste it into the address bar and then try refresh after the page loads completely. Just make sure it is not the only tab you have open. I think I haven't been able to reproduce this issue when only one tab is opened. Has to be 2 or more, I think.

I'm testing this on Windows 7 in case that matters somehow.

Hi Perplexer, could you try out our latest beta version V7.0.2.1400 instead?

Archived