maxthon 7.0.0.3000

MaxthonJeff

noticed in some earlier 7 versions, and still persists.

i rarely turn off/reboot my pc, maybe once a month, just to install windows updates or some other maintenance. during this time, several dozen "useful/interesting, will read later" tabs accumulate in the browser...

1. closing tabs: a tab opened recently tends to close fairly quickly. a tab that has been open for a long time can take a very long time to close: minutes, hours, or even days.

2. last session: if i forcibly close the browser by taskmanager (doesn't matter if the browser in normal state or frozen/busy closing the tab), then after restarting it, there are no tabs from the last session on the mx://last-visit/ page. f5 (page refresh) doesn't help. i need to restart browser again for them to appear.

14 hours ago, MaxthonJeff said:

- Fixed sometimes new tab page became blank problem

It's not even funny anymore. As there was a problem, and has remained. It is not clear what the developers are doing with this start page. Why doesn’t this happen in other browsers, but this one stubbornly cannot be made normal? Now, in order for the site tiles to appear, I need to click on the split screen button.

On 4/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, cherey said:

There are still parts of the program without translation, being seen only in English permanently.

Imagen1.jpg

Imagen2.jpg

Imagen3.jpg

Hi cherey, could you go to crowdin and help with the translation? These few portions may not have been translated completely thus it is not reflected.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:09 PM, Mhzayer said:

This version also has the thunderbird links problem when updating

I had to switch default browser to chrome then back to be able to open links with it

On 4/2/2023 at 12:22 AM, Magdalene said:

Hi @Mhzayer @Magdalene, I have already reported the issue you faced to the development team. Kindly allow some time for them to look into it.

On 4/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, trump98 said:

1. closing tabs: a tab opened recently tends to close fairly quickly. a tab that has been open for a long time can take a very long time to close: minutes, hours, or even days.

Hi trump98, may I know when you mention 'a tab that has been open for a long time' is approximately how long?

On 4/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, trump98 said:

2. last session: if i forcibly close the browser by taskmanager (doesn't matter if the browser in normal state or frozen/busy closing the tab), then after restarting it, there are no tabs from the last session on the mx://last-visit/ page. f5 (page refresh) doesn't help. i need to restart browser again for them to appear.

Hi trump98, does your tabs show under 'earlier session' upon restarting or there is nothing at all?

On 4/2/2023 at 4:17 AM, Chemodan said:

It's not even funny anymore. As there was a problem, and has remained. It is not clear what the developers are doing with this start page. Why doesn’t this happen in other browsers, but this one stubbornly cannot be made normal? Now, in order for the site tiles to appear, I need to click on the split screen button.

Hi Chemodan, do you face the blank page issue everytime when you click on new tab?

On 4/1/2023 at 9:02 PM, trump98 said:

I got the same for MX7 from first versions. After crash it forgets last opened tabs unti you restart it again. After second restart all tabs appears again.

1 hour ago, alexzhus said:

Problem continues from previous version

Hi alexzhus, could you send me a screenshot of your shortcut management settings for your refresh shortcut? And may I know if you are using the install or portable version? Did you try to disable all extensions on this issue?

16 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi alexzhus, could you send me a screenshot of your shortcut management settings for your refresh shortcut? And may I know if you are using the install or portable version? Did you try to disable all extensions on this issue?

Using the installation version.
All browser extensions by default.
Where can I see the shortcut management settings for your refresh shortcut?
Always installed the installation version, did not add any extensions. Refresh tab always worked fine, up to version 7.0.0.2000.

28 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

Using the installation version.
All browser extensions by default.
Where can I see the shortcut management settings for your refresh shortcut?
Always installed the installation version, did not add any extensions. Refresh tab always worked fine, up to version 7.0.0.2000.

Kindly go to Settings > Gestures & Shortcuts > Shortcut Management 

image.png

20 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Kindly go to Settings > Gestures & Shortcuts > Shortcut Management 

image.jpeg

That's what's happening.
Open a tab. Tab refresh doesn't work in any way. It only works if you left-click on the Refresh item in the tab menu.
We close the tab. Click the "Open closed tab" button - updating the tab works.

39 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

image.jpeg

That's what's happening.
Open a tab. Tab refresh doesn't work in any way. It only works if you left-click on the Refresh item in the tab menu.

Hi alexzhus, could you try deleting the shortcut and set a new shortcut to see if it works?

7 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

Through TeamViewer or AnyDesk? No, I would not want to provide full access to the computer, a lot of confidential information.

Are there other ways?

Yes, through AnyDesk. It is because we are unable to reproduce this issue on our end, so was hoping by letting the developer check remotely we will be able to find the root of the problem.

3 hours ago, alexzhus said:

That's what's happening.

In addition...
If you open a tab from the quick access panel by clicking the middle mouse button, then updating the tab works, if the left one does not.

10 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Problem continues from previous version

I confirm, CTRL+R and F5 don't work properly, only right mouse button and refresh option does the trick.
There are still no correct translations in the PL version that I wrote about earlier. I contacted the translation service but no response :(

Win'11, Maxthon ver.Desktop x64

19 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi trump98, may I know when you mention 'a tab that has been open for a long time' is approximately how long?

a week. or maybe a couple of days gives this effect too? but the total program uptime should be waaaaay to looooooong, 2-3 weeks maybe. it's difficult to bugreport something that long - because i'm not purposefully testing my browser, i'm just using it.

but i'm not sure if time is the only reason. as i sad, i often have 2-4-8 dozens of open tabs. and probably 50 times or more tabs are already closed by that time...

19 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi trump98, does your tabs show under 'earlier session' upon restarting or there is nothing at all?

don't remember having anything in "earlier session" since mx5...

(i feel no need having "earlier session". i understand this behavior could be not exactly that developers planned, but i feel comfortable having all my tabs from all earlier sessions in one list.)

• 2 weeks later...

windows & mx 7.0.0.3000 uptime is 16 days. 50+ open tabs. noticed that some of the tabs begin to freeze for 10-20-30 seconds when i close them, while others close as normal...

some of theese tabs were opened 10-15 hours ago. i switched to and from them many times, and also many times I followed links within theese tabs. i tried to reproduce freezeng by reopening one of theese tabs, and following links in it for 20-30 times, but no - it closed without problems...

10 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi trump98, could you try downloading the latest version V7.0.2.1300 and see if this issue persist?

do you mean "try to achieve 2-3 weeks uptime on 7.0.2.1300 and see if..."?

i suppose, mx will be updated 2-3 times by that time. and you will say something like "could you try downloading the latest version V7.0.3.1500 and see if this issue persist?".

saying it again: noticed this problem on earlier mx7.

meanwhile, having 7.0.0.3000 freezed closing tab for about 12+ hours. i have no choice: will have to kill it. and, ok, will upgrade it.

6 hours ago, trump98 said:

do you mean "try to achieve 2-3 weeks uptime on 7.0.2.1300 and see if..."?

i suppose, mx will be updated 2-3 times by that time. and you will say something like "could you try downloading the latest version V7.0.3.1500 and see if this issue persist?".

saying it again: noticed this problem on earlier mx7.

meanwhile, having 7.0.0.3000 freezed closing tab for about 12+ hours. i have no choice: will have to kill it. and, ok, will upgrade it.

All they can do is try to figure out where the problem is
Sometimes it's not in the browser itself but in the user data folders or in some extensions
So you should try different senarios to see if you can fix it yourself or at least help them figure it out themselves

Thanks for being a helpful, patient and loyal Maxthon user😊👍🌹

Archived