maxthon 7.0.0.2000

MaxthonJeff

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.2000/maxthon_7.0.0.2000_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.2000/maxthon_7.0.0.2000_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.2000/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.2000_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.2000/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.2000_x86.zip
+ Added security module - Two-factor authentication
+ Added 2FA authenticator support
+ Replaced Passkeeper SMS 2FA to authenticator 2FA
+ Maxnote: interface redesign
+ Maxnote: Added dark mode interface adaptation
+ Maxnote: Added a sharing page, summarizing all shared notes and URLs
+ Maxnote: Added URL bookmark editing, allowing you to edit URLs like you would edit notes
+ Added Search bar, can be on/off from appearance settings
+ Added mouse hover activation for tabs, can be set in tab settings for on/off and hover time
+ Added custom tab title in context menu of the tab
+ Added browser window pinning feature (menu->tools), allowing the browser window to always be displayed on top of the desktop
+ Added Set search scope for smart address bar
+ Added Set custom shortcut keys for saving forms and auto-filling forms
+ Added Set custom shortcut keys for window pinning
* New tab page optimization
* Updated multi-language support
- Fixed known bugs and crashes

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Very often the F5 (refresh) and Ctrl+R buttons, refresh button on the left key do not work. And if you choose to refresh the page through the right mouse button on the tab, then everything works through the mouse. Noticed in this version. Everything is fine in other browsers.

5 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Very often the F5 (refresh) and Ctrl+R buttons, refresh button on the left key do not work. And if you choose to refresh the page through the right mouse button on the tab, then everything works through the mouse. Noticed in this version. Everything is fine in other browsers.

I have the same problems.

Nice 2FA authenticator support.:5884970a7da3a_1:

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

It looks like Maxthon doesn't take over default browser completely somehow

I got the thunderbird links not opening with this update

I had to go to windows settings changed default to chrome opened the link was ok

I then made maxthon default browser and it was fixed

So there is something to be done about that behaviour 

9 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

It looks like Maxthon doesn't take over default browser completely somehow

I got the thunderbird links not opening with this update

I had to go to windows settings changed default to chrome opened the link was ok

I then made maxthon default browser and it was fixed

So there is something to be done about that behaviour 

Hi Mhzayer, can I check after you install the latest version, did you click yes at the pop-up window to allow Maxthon to be able to make changes?

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Hi Magdalene, could you check under Maxthon app properties to see if you have allowed full control under permissions? Could you try allowing full control and see if the extension still delete itself?

image.png

Hi Magdalene, could you check under Maxthon app properties to see if you have allowed full control under permissions? Could you try allowing full control and see if the extension still delete itself?

@ BugSir009

Both exe and portable versions have full control. It's only this one extension.

17 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mhzayer, can I check after you install the latest version, did you click yes at the pop-up window to allow Maxthon to be able to make changes?

Yup
I always do when prompted 

10 hours ago, Ldfa said:

All the videos on this site do not work : https://calmcode.io/args-kwargs/introduction.html

Worked with me using installed version on windows 10 

Again, about Snap Screen. It's the same with 7.0.0.2000 version, not being able to paste the screenshot as a file. I already tried on 4 different computers, with Maxthon from version 1602 to 2000. Just to explain my procedure: I use Ctrl+F1 to capture, then on the toolbar that shows i press "Copy" button, an then go to a folder (e.g. Downloads) and try to paste (Ctrl+V). Nothing happens anymore! All versions, from 4, 5, 6, and 7 (until 1602) worked very fine. So now I'm forced to use the "Save" button instead of "Copy", but like this I cannot quicly paste it to multiple destinations (e.g. on a file AND on a website AND in a word document). It seems that Copy command is not loading the screenshot into clipboard anymone (at least not as a file). On one of my test PC I tried both the portable and the installed versions.

1 hour ago, Massor said:

Again, about Snap Screen. It's the same with 7.0.0.2000 version, not being able to paste the screenshot as a file. I already tried on 4 different computers, with Maxthon from version 1602 to 2000. Just to explain my procedure: I use Ctrl+F1 to capture, then on the toolbar that shows i press "Copy" button, an then go to a folder (e.g. Downloads) and try to paste (Ctrl+V). Nothing happens anymore! All versions, from 4, 5, 6, and 7 (until 1602) worked very fine. So now I'm forced to use the "Save" button instead of "Copy", but like this I cannot quicly paste it to multiple destinations (e.g. on a file AND on a website AND in a word document). It seems that Copy command is not loading the screenshot into clipboard anymone (at least not as a file). On one of my test PC I tried both the portable and the installed versions.

Hi Massor, yes the developers have since removed this function as they have shifted their focus of pasting to chat applications instead. It is advisable to save the screenshots to your local folders.

Win7 x64... I'm trying the x86 portable version. The quick access page is now always empty. If earlier it was enough to press + for a new tab and it loaded, now it does not work at all. Cleared all data - no result.

I completely deleted the folder with version 7 and started again. I waited for the profile to load, disabled unnecessary extensions, configured qa ... But after closing the browser and restarting, I again get an empty QA page.

upd Same thing with the x64 portable version.

empty.png

empty2.png

19 hours ago, Massor said:

tried your steps
yes you're right this version isn't enabling paste to folders 

I tried version 5 portable worked fine

17 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Massor, yes the developers have since removed this function as they have shifted their focus of pasting to chat applications instead. It is advisable to save the screenshots to your local folders.

not acceptable

this function works with pasting to chat applications

9 hours ago, migel said:

Hi,
I can't make a shortcut from Facebook, Google maps, Youtube and some other sites.
Maxthon hangs and closes without report 

ent.

worked here with youtube, facebook and google maps
Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.2728) / maxthon 7.0.0.2000 (Official Build) (64-bit) 

On 4/2/2023 at 12:51 AM, migel said:

Hi. i mean shortcut in desktop.......

Hi migel, could you explain the steps you did by creating the shortcuts and when does the browser crash? Alternatively, you could send a short video on this issue so we could test it out on our end and check further into it.

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi migel, could you explain the steps you did by creating the shortcuts and when does the browser crash? Alternatively, you could send a short video on this issue so we could test it out on our end and check further into it.

Crashing every time i try to make shortcut from Facebook, Google maps, Youtube and some other sites.
Maxthon hangs and closes without report.219642205_Mywinsysinfo.jpg.af9e14a1d2f56d49edae25400c180b3f.jpg

Archived