7.0.0.1900 Beta

MaxthonJeff

11 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Hi @BugSir009,

I'm unable to pin application icon to the Windows taskbar - it disappears every time browser started. Windows 10, 7.0.0.1900 (64-bit) 0319 (install).

Thanks.

Hi grisp1, may I know which application in specific?

17 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

The name of this file implies you're using Chromium v108... Surely, that's not going to be the one you upgrade 103 to!?

For greater compatibility, really 109, the last version that supports Windows 7 would be better, but for fixes & security, ONLY the latest version should be used.

Again I say, latest stable Chromium for Maxthon stable & latest Chromium beta for Maxthon beta would give the best user experience.

Hi MichaelC362, that is only a test version. The development team is working on V109 and will try to release as soon as possible.

13 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

There is no "Chrome" option for importing ANYTHING, let alone Passwords.  On 64bit Install version. @BugSir009

Hi leeuniverse, I do have Chrome as an option for importing like what @Magdalene has shown. Maybe you would like to check on your Chrome browser instead?

image.png

5 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Sounds like it, but I also have Edge Installed and it's not showing either.
Though, maybe Maxthon is confused, because I also have "Edge Canary" installed, so maybe it's not listing either one because of that?

Hi leeuniverse, Edge browser might have some encryption involved which is why it is not appearing in the importing list. I have already informed the development team about this and they will require more time to look into it.

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi leeuniverse, Edge browser might have some encryption involved which is why it is not appearing in the importing list. I have already informed the development team about this and they will require more time to look into it.

Thanks...

Have you also showed them my other post about just also having a "generic" .CSV file Import option, which is likely how all the browsers Export PW's (though haven't checked), but that can be on use to ensure that's what the file and formatting is, you can just put a "Info Statement" indicating that we do this?

It's a .CSV file, and it has 4 Columns:
- name
- url
- username
- password

39 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

Thanks...

Have you also showed them my other post about just also having a "generic" .CSV file Import option, which is likely how all the browsers Export PW's (though haven't checked), but that can be on use to ensure that's what the file and formatting is, you can just put a "Info Statement" indicating that we do this?

It's a .CSV file, and it has 4 Columns:
- name
- url
- username
- password

Hi leeuniverse, yes have already recorded this request for the team's planning and consideration.

The name of this file implies you're using Chromium v108... Surely, that's not going to be the one you upgrade 103 to!?

For greater compatibility, really 109, the last version that supports Windows 7 would be better, but for fixes & security, ONLY the latest version should be used.

Again I say, latest stable Chromium for Maxthon stable & latest Chromium beta for Maxthon beta would give the best user experience.

From Chrome 110 onwards when you install/ update it Win 7 and 8 computers will install 109 (presumably with bug/security fixes) while Win 10 and 11 will install the latest 110+ Chrome so an MX7 based on 110 is possible.

There is a version of Chrome 110 64 bit only that works on Win 7 and 8

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1TqPMqlLgbci1eZg-bMT4ex3ali43JEvb&export=download

17 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

You mean this site

What is the problem with it?

skyshowtime.png

Just play some movie. "Something went wrong. Sorry your system configuration is not compatible with Sky..... Check supported devices in the help centre."

skyy.png

16 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Sky showtime works fine here even in UK where it's not official. Try changing your UA and/or use a VPN (Onion Fruit or Soft Ether). I set my country as Norway on Onion Fruit.

Are you crazy or what ?? So i should use vpn because developers can not create actual and 100% working broswer? That is not fix but something like a crutch....

@Ben.L.Salomon

Do you need an account with this site to watch films? The trailers work fine for me with no account.

These are the only countries where it's available at present

Albania, Andorra, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia & Sweden.

2 hours ago, Magdalene said:

@Ben.L.Salomon

Do you need an account with this site to watch films? The trailers work fine for me with no account.

These are the only countries where it's available at present

Albania, Andorra, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia & Sweden.

So once again! I have no problem with the trailer on the main menu. But! with full content playback.
And if you take a good look at that screen. What language do you see? Czech! So I guess I'll be from a currently supported country right?

Well, it seams that Snap Screen bug is still present. I use just the portable version, with guest account, on Win 10 20H2 latest. I tried also with a untouched fresh kit of portable archive of 1900, no extensions no nothing, the same result: it won't save the screenshot as file (png). 😒 I can only paste it in another apps (like WhatsApp, Paint, etc.) Latest version that worked for me was 1500. So I go back to it. Maybe something has broken in the process of "fixing" the WhatsApp paste issue?

22 hours ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

So once again! I have no problem with the trailer on the main menu. But! with full content playback.
And if you take a good look at that screen. What language do you see? Czech! So I guess I'll be from a currently supported country right?

Have you tried changing the UA?

On 3/23/2023 at 1:34 PM, leeuniverse said:

Like I said, there is ONLY an Import option for "Internet Explorer", and of course HTML Bookmarks.

There is no "Chrome" option for importing ANYTHING, let alone Passwords.  On 64bit Install version. @BugSir009

I'm 51 years old and have been using Maxthon since it was MyIE2, so what, 20+ years?, and I'm a computer expert.
Not an idiot...  And I'm well aware how Internet Explorer works, which is why it was a throwaway statement in the form of a "question", and I use Caps in a reasonable and moderate manner, so spare me your a hillary.

Actually there is, as you can see in the screenshots above...

I'm 51 years old and have been using Maxthon since it was MyIE2, so what, 20+ years?, and I'm a computer expert.
Not an idiot... 

great, as you are an expert, you can just install chrome, import your edge profile+passwords, export to html then import your "YEARS of passwords" into Maxthon, then relax and enjoy. cheers

7 hours ago, xxxxx said:

Actually there is, as you can see in the screenshots above...

great, as you are an expert, you can just install chrome, import your edge profile+passwords, export to html then import your "YEARS of passwords" into Maxthon, then relax and enjoy. cheers

How bout you read the REST of what I said in this thread...?

You don't know what you're talking about.  Your "solution" isn't my situation.  I've used neither Chrome nor Edge, but as well my request has nothing to do with me since my "years of passwords" can't be gotten to because of the browser I have used.  I'm looking to improve Maxthon's functionality for others, not simply myself.
Anyway, they know already what's still needed, and will look into it.  Again, still don't need your a hillary, especially when you don't even know pw's aren't exported in "html", bookmarks are.

On 3/23/2023 at 10:17 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi leeuniverse, yes have already recorded this request for the team's planning and consideration.

Thanks Bug...

BTW, just checked Edge's PW Export, and it also Exports PW's exactly the same as Vivaldi, so it appears to be the "standard".
.CSV file, and name, url, username, password are the columns in the file.

So, should be easy enough to just create a generic Import that isn't dependent on a particular browser being installed, though Maxthon wasn't detecting my Edge nor Vivaldi installs given the method you currently use, it only detects IE which doesn't do pw's.

Hello.
When loading, instead of the start page, it gives out this (see picture). The new tab is generally as if "transparent". If you exit the browser and go under the guest, and then under you again, then everything is displayed correctly.20230326111034.thumb.png.9b9208673a4fb299983606ecc5e8442d.png

8 hours ago, 1bit said:

Hello.
When loading, instead of the start page, it gives out this (see picture). The new tab is generally as if "transparent". If you exit the browser and go under the guest, and then under you again, then everything is displayed correctly.20230326111034.thumb.png.9b9208673a4fb299983606ecc5e8442d.png

check hardware aceleration in setting 

disable it if it's enabled

or enable it if it's disabled

then restart maxthon to see if it fixes your bug

hardware acceleration.png

13 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

How bout you read the REST of what I said in this thread...?

You don't know what you're talking about.  Your "solution" isn't my situation.  I've used neither Chrome nor Edge, but as well my request has nothing to do with me since my "years of passwords" can't be gotten to because of the browser I have used.  I'm looking to improve Maxthon's functionality for others, not simply myself.
Anyway, they know already what's still needed, and will look into it.  Again, still don't need your a hillary, especially when you don't even know pw's aren't exported in "html", bookmarks are.

Thanks Bug...

BTW, just checked Edge's PW Export, and it also Exports PW's exactly the same as Vivaldi, so it appears to be the "standard".
.CSV file, and name, url, username, password are the columns in the file.

So, should be easy enough to just create a generic Import that isn't dependent on a particular browser being installed, though Maxthon wasn't detecting my Edge nor Vivaldi installs given the method you currently use, it only detects IE which doesn't do pw's.

Thank you for helping others and being patient about those that try to help

Being humble and considering others will get you what you want 
The users here are trying their best to make Maxthon the browser we all want

7 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

check hardware aceleration in setting 

disable it if it's enabled

or enable it if it's disabled

then restart maxthon to see if it fixes your bug

hardware acceleration.png

This help me to solve my problem that can't show up the QA since version 1401 too, thanks!

On 3/25/2023 at 11:01 PM, Massor said:

Well, it seams that Snap Screen bug is still present. I use just the portable version, with guest account, on Win 10 20H2 latest. I tried also with a untouched fresh kit of portable archive of 1900, no extensions no nothing, the same result: it won't save the screenshot as file (png). 😒 I can only paste it in another apps (like WhatsApp, Paint, etc.) Latest version that worked for me was 1500. So I go back to it. Maybe something has broken in the process of "fixing" the WhatsApp paste issue?

Hi Massor, I could not reproduce this issue on my end. Could you try on the installed version and see if this problem persist?

On 3/25/2023 at 7:00 AM, leeuniverse said:

BUG...  New with .1900, never had before.

"Sound" in Google Voice Notifications won't play.  I've activated all standard settings, unless there's a "new" one that .1900 has changed something?

91L88kF.png

Hi leeuniverse, could you click on the 'Learn more' to see what did Google prompt for this issue?

Hello!

I note your (MaxthonJeff) post (https://www.maxthon.com/blog/2023/03/26/our-commitment-maxthon-will-continue-to-support-windows-7-os/) yesterday (26 March 2023) about continuing Windows 7 support for Maxthon Cloud Browser, but there's a couple of issues:

1. Did you actually mean to say Maxthon Cloud Browser, i.e. v5?  The last version, v5.3.8.2100, was released on 6 January 2020 - that doesn't look like you're keeping it 'up-to-date'!  If you meant v7, then, realistically, you're limited by what Chromium supports unless you're actually going to reverse engineer code from new cores to add in Windows 7 support, but still include the latest security & features!?  Alternatively, if you continue to use an old Chromium core, then all the security & features available in newer cores would either not be possible or require a LOT of effort on your part to deploy.

2. You state there's a built-in ad blocker - but that was removed, presumably due to a bribe from Opera in 2018 after their false claim to be the first browser with an ad blocker (the same one Maxthon used, Ad Block Plus who, on their own website said, built-in to Maxthon since 2010) & Maxthon soon after removed.  Versions 6 & 7 have never had a built-in ad-blocker (obviously, one can be added, but that's true for any compatible extension).

The article raises more questions than answers, the main one being, is Maxthon not going to keep the core up-to-date (clearly, with no updates in well over a year for v6/7, that currently seems so!).  It's one of the most asked questions: when are you updating the core? & always has the same answer: working on it, but you need to include the current core to get the latest security & features &, increasingly, compatibility.  All too often in the past I had customers install a different browser as Maxthon wasn't compatible with some website they needed to access. Your current delays & out-dated core must surely be driving away more users than it attracts!?

As Magdalene said, Windows 7 has a very low user base, but 10 & 11 account for 92.35% of Windows users - these are the ones you need to accommodate!

Whilst it would be nice to have another version of Maxthon which continues to support Windows 7, but still has compatibility with new websites, I really don't see you have the time/people available to achieve that!

I still think you should address the big issues first & all these 'little touches' can be introduced over time.

For those users who don't like the look of Windows 10, they just need to install "Open Shell" & it can look like Windows 7.

The same is true for Windows 11, but you need to install "Explorer Patcher" first (which enables configuration like in 10).

On 3/26/2023 at 9:01 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi leeuniverse, could you click on the 'Learn more' to see what did Google prompt for this issue?

Hey, so the "Learn More" was useless...

However, I was playing with MS Edge and saw the same message there, searched for the message and I found the solution which is found in "Media Autoplay", had to search for it.

So, apparently in Maxthon when we Enable "Disable Autoplay (except for blah blah)" not just Video is disabled, but so is Audio.
With Edge we have to now add voice.google.com as an "Exception"....  However, as you know there is no "exception" capability in Maxthon for this, unless it's somewhere else?

I think with the .1900 of the browser I enabled this setting, so "disabling" and the message disappeared.  Of course, I DO want this setting, cause I like videos NOT Autoplaying, but we need exception rules like Edge does for this.

So, that was the problem if you could add this to the Feature request list.  Thanks

11 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Hey, so the "Learn More" was useless...

However, I was playing with MS Edge and saw the same message there, searched for the message and I found the solution which is found in "Media Autoplay", had to search for it.

So, apparently in Maxthon when we Enable "Disable Autoplay (except for blah blah)" not just Video is disabled, but so is Audio.
With Edge we have to now add voice.google.com as an "Exception"....  However, as you know there is no "exception" capability in Maxthon for this, unless it's somewhere else?

I think with the .1900 of the browser I enabled this setting, so "disabling" and the message disappeared.  Of course, I DO want this setting, cause I like videos NOT Autoplaying, but we need exception rules like Edge does for this.

So, that was the problem if you could add this to the Feature request list.  Thanks

Hi leeuniverse, feedback recorded.

Archived