* Optimization for new tab page
- Fixed "sidebar could not be closed or pinned in inconigto mode" problem
- Fixed "Screen snap could not be pasted to whatsapp" problem
- Fixed "Could not search in passkeeper" problem
- Fixed "Could not switch tab context menu" problem
- Fixed some crashes

- Fixed “double click on tab closed more tabs” problem [1601]
- Fixed "new tab page load error page" problem  [1602]

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1602/maxthon_7.0.0.1602_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1602/maxthon_7.0.0.1602_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1602/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.1602_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1602/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.1602_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello!

Guest profile lost the QA shortcuts - went back to defaults.

Had to copy yesterday's backup (I see why that link is listed on the forum home page, but it's out-of-date now as the folders have changed).

Seems to have kept everything else though (so far, still checking!).

1 hour ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

WTF.... Double Tab not close only one tab but also next. If i have open two tabs and close left using by double tab. So it also closes the right one.

AND! SkyShowtime still not working. How long we should wait now? A month? Year ? 

Double Tab bug is annoying...

• MaxthonJeff changed the title to 7.0.0.1601 Beta
On 2/25/2023 at 6:12 PM, alexzhus said:

This version of 1601 also has random crashes. Everything is like in version 1600: for example, I opened a tab-one-two, then you click on the second tab to go to it, and the browser crashes. Back to version 1500.

Hi alexzhus, could you send the crash report to me?

• BugSir006 changed the title to 7.0.0.1602 Beta

Hello!

I run Maxthon on multiple computers & use it every day & none of the recent versions have had crashes, random or otherwise for me. In the past, I've had it simply exit out, with no error reported or recorded, but not for quite a while (not at all in v7).  There's still plenty of reported bugs that haven't been fixed for many years, it's still using out-dated Chromium & it still has account or sync issues occasionally, where I lose something (e.g. QA), but often just need to re-sign-in or, worse case, copy a backup file & everything's back up ok.

So, for the people who are getting crashes, this implies there could be a localized issue on their computers... Mostly this is down to running poor security (i.e. AVG, Avast, McAfee, etc), meaning infections or corruption in Windows.  Or have unsafe software (e.g. Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat, Java, etc) running in the background that allowed some infection in, bypassing whichever anti-virus they have.  Having worked in computer servicing & support for the last 28 years, this is something I've seen a LOT on customer's computers.  With Google Chrome, for the last 13 years, 100% of computers I've seen it installed on, even if they've never run it even once (it runs in the background, 'stealing' your data, in real-time) & irrespective of which anti-virus was installed, if they'd been on the internet for a bit, then ALL of them were infected, no exceptions.

There's a lot of 'questionable' extensions in the Chrome store, so we always recommend reading reviews before installing & don't just read the good, read the bad too & see why they say it's bad.

Or there's a hardware issue, most likely faulty/failing RAM (check with 'MemTest86') or HDD/SSD (check with 'CrystalDiscInfo' or, ideally, 'HDAT2'), or overheating issues (common with CPU or motherboard, check with 'CPUid's HWMonitor'), or overloaded PSU (i.e. insufficient amps for what's connected), making computer unstable.

Out-of-date software, that has vulnerabilities that are actively being exploited by malicious websites or attackers is another common cause of issues (we recommend 'Patch My PC' to help with that) or out-of-date device drivers that aren't fully compatible with the running Windows version & release (just because something worked before, in the same version of Windows, doesn't mean it'll still run ok in the current release... we recommend 'Snappy Driver Installer Origin' to update drivers).

Out-of-date firmware in hardware is not a quick or easy one to check or fix, but it's another possibility, although much less common.

Obviously, bringing & keeping Chromium up-to-date would avoid a lot of the issues reported anyway & having latest Chromium stable in Maxthon stable & latest Chromium beta in Maxthon beta, would be the best way to check problems.

If everyone got the same problems, then obviously, Maxthon would be the culprit, but since they don't, then users must first look to their own setup to see if anything they have is causing Maxthon to misbehave.

Yes, Maxthon does have & has had lots of issues, but not everyone experienced all those issues, so maybe Maxthon isn't always the one to blame!?

Hello!

Downloading latest Opera browser for customers, the Windows versions still don't have (like most other programs), the right program icon (haven't done since v6 released!), but neither does the macOS version (I understand you're working on a version of Maxthon for macOS?), but, interestingly, there are icons, of a sort, for Linux... are you working on that too (Maxthon v5 had a Linux version & it was incredibly fast!) or is this generic for .DEB & .RPM files?

image.png.291d085f53e4c6cfd918a0e9093c08fa.png

Archived