Can't log in...

Something weird happened to my Maxthon (i've been using the browser for 10+ years, but im really angry now).

First of all, it would not open - it crashed on opening. I reinstalled it (was using version 6), tried also 7, portable and installation, now it opens, but i cant log into my account. It just freezes when i try to do that, or simply closes.

I need my passwords/bookmarks asap please help me... :(

Same here. I started Maxthon 7 this morning and it immediately closed again. Restarting the computer didn't help.

I ended reinstalling Maxthon. I installed the latest stable version. I couldn't login. 

Uninstalledn then installed the latest beta version. Same. Installed Maxthon 6. Same.

Very frustrating.

4 minutes ago, Pascal1703 said:

Same here. I started Maxthon 7 this morning and it immediately closed again. Restarting the computer didn't help.

I ended reinstalling Maxthon. I installed the latest stable version. I couldn't login. 

Uninstalledn then installed the latest beta version. Same. Installed Maxthon 6. Same.

Very frustrating.

Oh so its not just me, i even used system restore as i really need it asap...

I also tried logging in on my phone and it says "network error"...

I think there's a problem with the Maxthon login servers.

Apart from my desktop pc where I can't login, I have a laptop with Maxthon still open for a week or so (I leave the laptop switched on, hybernating). On the laptop, I'm still logged in with my Mx account, but it can't sync anymore. It gives a sync error.

image.png.4ea997da03954a907774070aa96693b4.png

image.png.fba4b463613098fd85021da5963dc6ee.png

1 hour ago, 17753816 said:

Something weird happened to my Maxthon (i've been using the browser for 10+ years, but im really angry now).

First of all, it would not open - it crashed on opening. I reinstalled it (was using version 6), tried also 7, portable and installation, now it opens, but i cant log into my account. It just freezes when i try to do that, or simply closes.

I need my passwords/bookmarks asap please help me... :(

Hi 17753816 @Pascal1703, the engineers are looking into it right now. I will update again once the issue is resolved.

Won`t work, cannot login! -102 net ERR CONNECTION REFUSED! In the morning just opened and immediately closed as crashed. I tried with portable versions (32/64 bit), also the old Mx 6 and 5 - the same problem cannot login into my Maxthon account! Sometimes even this forum page or the main Maxthon web page wont open because of connection error! Sorry guys, I used this browser from the very beginning more than 12 years but the last versions seem to become full of problems and the support is very poor or null! I cannot use this anymore as my main browser!  

On 2/24/2023 at 11:44 PM, 12943046 said:

Won`t work, cannot login! -102 net ERR CONNECTION REFUSED! In the morning just opened and immediately closed as crashed. I tried with portable versions (32/64 bit), also the old Mx 6 and 5 - the same problem cannot login into my Maxthon account! Sometimes even this forum page or the main Maxthon web page wont open because of connection error! Sorry guys, I used this browser from the very beginning more than 12 years but the last versions seem to become full of problems and the support is very poor or null! I cannot use this anymore as my main browser!  

Hi 12943046, the development were working hard to resolve this issue last Friday and I believed it should work now. My apologies if this disappoints you but our team always strive to resolve any issues that require their immediate attention if need be.

On 2/25/2023 at 3:30 AM, Pascal1703 said:

@BugSir009 just tried to login. It works. Thanks!

It would be helpful if the browser could work with local data in the event the user cannot login to the server. Now, the browser is just shutting down (=when your account is set-up to login automatically) instantly without any message and the user has nog clue what's going on.

Noted on this and I will feedback to the development team.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2023 at 2:06 AM, Pascal1703 said:

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem again right now.

When I start Maxthon, it shows a blank screen and then shuts down...

Hi Pascal1703, you mean the browser crash? If that's the case, could you send me the crash report?

19 minutes ago, martinstz said:

Hi!

I cannot log in! I got the error 50502 Bad Gateway, when put my password:

1.png.60b29231db248d52214e245db4924ecd.png

Hi martinstz, could you try logging in again? The developers have solved the login issue.

10 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Pascal1703, you mean the browser crash? If that's the case, could you send me the crash report?

@bugsir009, not sure if it is a crash: the browser window briefly opened and closed again.

But I just tried again and now it works. Thanks.

To me it feels like the issue I had some weeks ago. I would guess that it was a problem with retrieving my account settings on the server (automatic login is enabled)

8 hours ago, Pascal1703 said:

@bugsir009, not sure if it is a crash: the browser window briefly opened and closed again.

But I just tried again and now it works. Thanks.

To me it feels like the issue I had some weeks ago. I would guess that it was a problem with retrieving my account settings on the server (automatic login is enabled)

Hi Pascal1703, it could be a login issue but the team has since resolved it yesterday :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived