Maxthon beta 7.0.0.1500

BugSir006

1. Choosing Temp Unit on QA & Paste as Plain Text seems to be working.  Thanks

2. There's a BUG that I've noticed for awhile now, I think only with 7.0.  I don't know how you're going to troubleshoot it, but I'll just mention it.

On the occasional "start" of the browser, the QA page shows the "Default Tiles" rather than what we have saved.  And it continues to do so with each open of the QA page.  Only a browser "shutdown" and startup again fixes it.

It ONLY does it on very rare occasion so have no idea what could be causing it.  Maybe it's an extension interfering with the QA page, but would have to be running without extensions forever to test this.  Anyway, just an FYI.

Hello!

The upgrade logged me out of Maxthon, removed ALL extensions & their settings & even logged me out of the forum...

Had to login & re-setup everything.

But, even after logging back in, the next time Maxthon started, it still went to i.maxask.com, but after another restart, it was ok.

Weather widget, which had also lost settings, after setup, appears to be working ok.

1 hour ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

The upgrade logged me out of Maxthon, removed ALL extensions & their settings & even logged me out of the forum...

Had to login & re-setup everything.

But, even after logging back in, the next time Maxthon started, it still went to i.maxask.com, but after another restart, it was ok.

Weather widget, which had also lost settings, after setup, appears to be working ok.

That's always been "normal" for me, even a couple of times I set the Uninstall to "not" remove Data Files etc.
When you say "upgrade" how are you doing so?

Are you just installing "over" an existing Install?  If so, that's normal for weird things to happen, which is why it's generally not recommended for programs.  Uninstalling and then Installing is generally the recommended procedure.

10 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

That's always been "normal" for me, even a couple of times I set the Uninstall to "not" remove Data Files etc.
When you say "upgrade" how are you doing so?

Are you just installing "over" an existing Install?  If so, that's normal for weird things to happen, which is why it's generally not recommended for programs.  Uninstalling and then Installing is generally the recommended procedure.

That's how I've always installed newer versions of Maxthon, for 20+ years, but it's never done that before!  I've had to do one or another of those issues before, but not all at the same time.

Uninstalling, restarting & installing afresh, might be advisable when there's no settings involved or when they're stored online (most of Maxthon's are, but certainly not all &, it seems, zero extension options (just which ones, which are simply reinstalled, requiring re-setup)), or even when going for a major upgrade, but for incremental, you should be able to just install 'over top'. Each new version of Maxthon is only a minor change from the previous - they could even release update 'patches' for quicker/smaller updates.

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

That's how I've always installed newer versions of Maxthon, for 20+ years, but it's never done that before!  I've had to do one or another of those issues before, but not all at the same time.

Uninstalling, restarting & installing afresh, might be advisable when there's no settings involved or when they're stored online (most of Maxthon's are, but certainly not all &, it seems, zero extension options (just which ones, which are simply reinstalled, requiring re-setup)), or even when going for a major upgrade, but for incremental, you should be able to just install 'over top'. Each new version of Maxthon is only a minor change from the previous - they could even release update 'patches' for quicker/smaller updates.

Ya, I know for a lot of programs problems don't "generally" happen, but sometimes they do, that's why the general rule has always been to do fresh installs, same for Drivers often even, though with them you can generally get away with it more because they are specifically designed to check everything etc., look for problems before installs etc.

Anyway, for me fresh installs are something I almost always do cause I tend to install a lot of programs on the regular, doing this generally prevents problems, prevents bug reports etc.  Just been my practice from years of computer troubleshooting.  Something can always end up different, like you've now encountered.  LOL

Hello!

The updated weather 'widget' has some odd colour choices...

With blank text on white background, it's hard to see the temperature unit (Celsius, in this case):

image.png.c7702adb6a62d75a6f702854c594e552.png

and with white text on black background, the town isn't exactly 'clear' to read either:

image.png.40441c1c0718801aa3ea3783b2958472.png

Would be better if the text matched the choice, so temperature, units & town were all the same colour, white or black, accordingly.

Ideally, should at least be readable!

I have Windows 11 Pro in the Beta channel on one of the machines. Installing Maxthon is not possible. The process starts and after confirming that you want to install, the window closes. The portable version works. I noticed it on version 7.0.0.1500 but the newer 7.0.0.1600 doesn't install either.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:09 PM, Dyba said:

I have Windows 11 Pro in the Beta channel on one of the machines. Installing Maxthon is not possible. The process starts and after confirming that you want to install, the window closes. The portable version works. I noticed it on version 7.0.0.1500 but the newer 7.0.0.1600 doesn't install either.

Hi Dyba, could you disable all extensions first before trying to download the latest V7.0.0.1601?

• 1 month later...

Archived