Maxthon 7.0.0.1401 Beta

MaxthonJeff

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello!

Not seeing any changes to PassKeeper, but I do see the tab vertical size issue has been addressed, which is good.

Any update on when Chromium core will be updated?

Been stuck on 103 for over a year now!

Will you be implementing the current stable core of another old one?

Would be nice if Maxthon stable had the current stable core & beta the current beta... makes more sense then & would result in far less issues

4 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Chrome 110 only functions on Win 10 and 11 so an upgrade to the final Stable version of 109 would probably be best to keep the widest user base.

Microsoft will continue to support at least one Windows 10 release until October 14, 2025.

You have some time.

1. Thank you for finally fixing for the "+" finally opening at the END of the Tabs no matter what we have set as our Tab opening option.  

Wait, what happened...?  I tested it right after installing, and then now it's not working?

2. The "Weather" stuff on the Start Page is finally working, thank you.
However, it's still showing "Celsius" on the page, even though when I click the link it's showing the correct area and Fahrenheit like it should?

3. Also, an issue that's been happening for awhile that I would like to see fixed.
When you highlight a word that the "Spellcheck" is highlighting, there is no "Paste as Plain Text" option when you Right-Click like there would be if you just highlight a normal word and Right-Click.

Thanks

On 2/10/2023 at 11:20 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Not seeing any changes to PassKeeper, but I do see the tab vertical size issue has been addressed, which is good.

Any update on when Chromium core will be updated?

Been stuck on 103 for over a year now!

Will you be implementing the current stable core of another old one?

Would be nice if Maxthon stable had the current stable core & beta the current beta... makes more sense then & would result in far less issues

Hi MichaelC362, the development team are trying their best to update to the latest core as soon as possible.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:08 AM, Xahi4475 said:

Aliases are broken (from 1300 build).

Hi Xahi4475, I tried to test this issue but could not reproduce the same error. Could you record a video on this issue so we could look into it?

On 2/11/2023 at 7:23 AM, leeuniverse said:

Wait, what happened...?  I tested it right after installing, and then now it's not working?

Hi leeuniverse, this request has been recorded previously for the team's consideration to add it in.

2. The "Weather" stuff on the Start Page is finally working, thank you.
However, it's still showing "Celsius" on the page, even though when I click the link it's showing the correct area and Fahrenheit like it should?

This is data obtained from the website itself thus we are unable to change the unit reflected on the QA page.

3. Also, an issue that's been happening for awhile that I would like to see fixed.
When you highlight a word that the "Spellcheck" is highlighting, there is no "Paste as Plain Text" option when you Right-Click like there would be if you just highlight a normal word and Right-Click.

This will be added in the next version.

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

This is data obtained from the website itself thus we are unable to change the unit reflected on the QA page.

But, the Website "itself" is indicating Fahrenheit like it should for Salt Lake City, Utah.  In other words, it's NOT using "Celsius" as the QA page is.

So, this needs to be figured out, whatever is causing the issue, whether it's an issue on the Websites end or whatever.
It wouldn't be a big deal if Celsius was "consistent", like we could always add a certain amount to know the Fahrenheit, but for some reason it doesn't work like that.  I've seen it widely vary, anywhere from like 10-50 Degrees compared to Fahrenheit, which is just crazy and must be why we in America use Fahrenheit because it is a standard consistent measure from one degree to the next.

3 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

But, the Website "itself" is indicating Fahrenheit like it should for Salt Lake City, Utah.  In other words, it's NOT using "Celsius" as the QA page is.

So, this needs to be figured out, whatever is causing the issue, whether it's an issue on the Websites end or whatever.
It wouldn't be a big deal if Celsius was "consistent", like we could always add a certain amount to know the Fahrenheit, but for some reason it doesn't work like that.  I've seen it widely vary, anywhere from like 10-50 Degrees compared to Fahrenheit, which is just crazy and must be why we in America use Fahrenheit because it is a standard consistent measure from one degree to the next.

On the qa page go to the weather site. Find 3 strips in the upper right corner. Find the settings. And install the Fahrenheit

Снимок.JPG

20 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

The Fahrenheit scale (proposed by physicist Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit in 1724) has 0°F as the freezing temperature of a solution of brine made from a mixture of water, ice & ammonium chloride.
In Fahrenheit, pure water freezes at 32°F & boils at 212°F (at sea level).
A degree on Fahrenheit scale is therefore 1⁄180 of the interval between freezing point & boiling point.
On Celsius scale, water freezes at 0° & boils at 100°.
So, 1°F Fahrenheit is equal to 5⁄9 degrees Celsius.
A simple formula to convert from Fahrenheit to Celsius: -32 / 9 * 5 or -32 * 5 / 9 (same) (e.g. 212 - 32 = 180 / 9 = 20 * 5 = 100)

21 hours ago, alex31964 said:

On the qa page go to the weather site. Find 3 strips in the upper right corner. Find the settings. And install the Fahrenheit

Снимок.JPG

Thanks, but like I mentioned in the post, the Website DOES indicate Fahrenheit correctly like it should.

It's the QA page that's displaying Celsius when it shouldn't.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:10 PM, alex31964 said:

Снимок.JPG

QA weather widget doesn't respond to what is used in accuweather settings
Here I've changed it from celsius to Fahrenheit and it's not reflected on the QA page

qa weather 1.png

qa weather 2.png

On 2/13/2023 at 9:05 PM, leeuniverse said:

Hi leeuniverse, I have feedback this to the engineers for them to look into it.

On 2/13/2023 at 10:52 PM, 30312516 said:

dimage.png.5d89390c2ac04e12ef912bc3966db46a.png

alias is not saved. it's back to default somehow...  is it already reported?

Hi @30312516 @Xahi4475 @gazumba, bug has been reported and it will be fixed in the next version.

6 hours ago, Ben.L.Salomon said:

Skyshowtime. "Your browser is incompatible" Yeah i know bro. Welcome to Maxthon ZONE!

cover2.jpg

Hi Ben.L.Salomon, this issue has been reported to the development team.

Hello!

Quite often, websites I goto ask for cookie management - on which I always disable all I can - but all too often, Maxthon can't open the cookie page, despite that working ok in Edge

e.g. https://www.shoezone.com/Mens/Boots/Leather

UPDATE: looks like AdGuard was blocking it...

Although, before I used AdGuard, I still used to get this quite frequently...

1 hour ago, Goodfera said:

For last few versions, when I have 10 or so web pages open, find it takes 3 or so minutes to save page to a folder, compared to page url loading in seconds.

Still have last MX5 on same laptop, no such problems !

Hi Goodfera, are you referring to bookmark a page or saving to Maxnote?

• BugSir006 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, just back from Barcelona and Mobile World Congress 2023!

It is when I save a page to folder.  So click with second button on page, "save as" and default html full page.

All my other browsers including earlier Maxthon fine, just Maxthon 7 seems to have this bug.

Archived