Maxthon 7.0.0.1300 Beta

MaxthonJeff

On 2/8/2023 at 5:53 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mhzayer, would you be open to debug this remotely?

Bugsir009
To reproduce this issue I did this
started Maxthon portable with the guest account
closed all open tabs

exited Maxthon
started it again opened one extra tab

closed that extra tab

Exited Maxthon agin

restarted it

clicked on the restore closed tab 
another instance of Maxthon appears
If I closed more than one tab
more than two instances of Maxthon appear

This also happens with the installed version aith and without user account

Edit:
had only two instances of Maxthon when many tabs were closed

but the forground instance of Maxthon will keep restoring closed tabs untill there are no more tabs to restore

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you open 1 any tab, then close and reopen the browser, click the restore closed tabs button, then the closed tab opens in the same browser window. If you do everything again, but there are 2 or more open tabs, then the next time you close the browser and then open it, when you click the button to restore closed tabs, 2 browser windows open. One window with open tabs, and the second window is just blank. This problem has been happening for quite some time.

1 hour ago, alexzhus said:

If you open 1 any tab, then close and reopen the browser, click the restore closed tabs button, then the closed tab opens in the same browser window. If you do everything again, but there are 2 or more open tabs, then the next time you close the browser and then open it, when you click the button to restore closed tabs, 2 browser windows open. One window with open tabs, and the second window is just blank. This problem has been happening for quite some time.

I can confirm this too. Don't remember correctly, but this seems to have started happening with version 7. You start Maxthon and new tab loads, then click on Restore X tabs and a new window opens with these X tabs, but the first one still stays open. Not very logical behaviour. It should just open them in the same, empty, window, or after any currently open tabs.

Archived