Maxthon 7.0.0.1300 Beta

MaxthonJeff

On 2/6/2023 at 5:20 AM, BugSir009 said:

They are trying to fix some issues before releasing the stable version with updated core

I already mentioned this a while ago
They're doing it the other way around
Fixing issues should always be after updating the core 
Google udates the core fixing issues of old versions 
You should do the same 
This was my suggestion 
1. Make a channel of a stable version 
2. Make a beta channel with the latest chromium

This way users won't blame you for bugs that appear with the betas because it's mostly chromium's fault

When you are finally satisfied with the beta, you can release it as a stable version in the stable channel
and keep releasing betas with the latest chromium 
Everybody will be happy
It's a win win situation

23 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mhzayer, are you using the installed or portable version?

I'm using the installed version

19 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

Still aliases with 2 letters not working anymore. Only those with 1 letter.

Edit: sorry, my mistake. All aliases works, only new aliases I made last days for some reason were deleted. I thought not working. 

So, all aliases works well.

Thanks again, Mhzayer.

You're welcome

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mhzayer said:

I already mentioned this a while ago
They're doing it the other way around
Fixing issues should always be after updating the core 
Google udates the core fixing issues of old versions 
You should do the same 
This was my suggestion 
1. Make a channel of a stable version 
2. Make a beta channel with the latest chromium

This way users won't blame you for bugs that appear with the betas because it's mostly chromium's fault

When you are finally satisfied with the beta, you can release it as a stable version in the stable channel
and keep releasing betas with the latest chromium 
Everybody will be happy
It's a win win situation

Hi Mhzayer, the developers are already doing that but updating to the latest Chromium takes some time while they are trying to fix issues concurrently. I have also informed the developers about your suggestions so do be assured that they are trying their best at the backend :)

I'm using the installed version

Could you try on the portable version and see if the same issue appears?

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, could you disable all extensions and see if this issue persist?

I have only 2-3 extensions enabled. But to my huge surprise, found one extension called "MSN homepage and search engine" which I'm 1000% sure I didn't install myself. I have no idea how it got installed and enabled. Could this be included in some Maxthon or Windows update? But removing it fixed the problem. 

1 hour ago, SirNasso said:

I have only 2-3 extensions enabled. But to my huge surprise, found one extension called "MSN homepage and search engine" which I'm 1000% sure I didn't install myself. I have no idea how it got installed and enabled. Could this be included in some Maxthon or Windows update? But removing it fixed the problem. 

Hi SirNasso, your browser could have been altered or hijacked by malware/adware. It is good that you found the extension which causes the problem. It is advisable that you run an antivirus scan and see if it could detect and remove any malware.

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, if you have selected the setting 'to the right of current tab' and would like the new tab to be opened on the right, you will have to select the very last tab before clicking on the '+'. Alternatively, you may select the setting of 'to the right of all tabs', where all new tabs will be opened at the right regardless which foreground tab you are on.

Hello!

I know that's a workaround, but it's still not ideal. If I have open tab to the right set, when I'm on a tab, I DO want it opened to the right, but if I'm expressly clicking the "+" which is already at the end of the tabs, one would expect that to open there, on the right, but at the end, NOT next to the last tab that had focus. This is logical, but the current system really isn't (when clicking the "+", it's correct at other times).

Hello!

The Maxthon account manager website (www.uu.me) still refers to Mx6 rather than Mx7: 

image.thumb.png.995e9cea6841adade0f6fee0baeeed7b.png

However, more worryingly, once one has logged in & clicked on PassKeeper (which is spelt differently on the website to within Mx menu (Passkeeper), right click & view page source shows, in PLAIN TEXT, all stored websites, usernames & passwords... surely this shouldn't still be doable in 2023!? One would expect the password to remain encrypted until the point of use!

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Could you try on the portable version and see if the same issue appears?

Yes it also appears with the portable version

12 hours ago, SirNasso said:

You may by mistake clicked on a link to install by accident

30 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

You may by mistake clicked on a link to install by accident

It might be, but it is very highly inlikely. I know a lot about computers and I'm very carefull what I click. I'm starting to think that some Windows update might be the problem. But we will see about that.

1 hour ago, SirNasso said:

It might be, but it is very highly inlikely. I know a lot about computers and I'm very carefull what I click. I'm starting to think that some Windows update might be the problem. But we will see about that.

Sorry I was just trying to help
So why don't you give it a shot and scan your computer for malwares as Bugsir suggested

Sorry I was just trying to help
So why don't you give it a shot and scan your computer for malwares as Bugsir suggested

Did that a bit earlier, and nothing is found. So still no clue how that extension got there. But anyway, the problem is solved :)

3 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Did that a bit earlier, and nothing is found. So still no clue how that extension got there. But anyway, the problem is solved :)

If you run Maxthon with a shortcut icon, check if there are no additions and other parameters in the line after the path, as in the photo there should not be. If there are any entries, remove them leaving only the correct path to the Maxthon file.

Maxthon.jpg

17 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

I know that's a workaround, but it's still not ideal. If I have open tab to the right set, when I'm on a tab, I DO want it opened to the right, but if I'm expressly clicking the "+" which is already at the end of the tabs, one would expect that to open there, on the right, but at the end, NOT next to the last tab that had focus. This is logical, but the current system really isn't (when clicking the "+", it's correct at other times).

Hi MichaelC362, will record your request for the team's consideration.

8 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Yes it also appears with the portable version

Hi Mhzayer, would you be open to debug this remotely?

Hello!

I have a customer with a non-booting Windows & they need to get their bookmarks & passwords (ideally autofill too), is there a simple option?

Maybe I could use a portable version of Maxthon on another computer & just copy the old "User Data" folder?

I've heard some browsers use the 'Machine ID' for encryption, so that might not work.

It's rare customers use the online account, despite being advised to do so!

Not many browsers support Maxthon data & the same with utilities that claim to do this task.

4 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

I have a customer with a non-booting Windows & they need to get their bookmarks & passwords (ideally autofill too), is there a simple option?

Maybe I could use a portable version of Maxthon on another computer & just copy the old "User Data" folder?

I've heard some browsers use the 'Machine ID' for encryption, so that might not work.

It's rare customers use the online account, despite being advised to do so!

Not many browsers support Maxthon data & the same with utilities that claim to do this task.

I see 'Restore from local…' supports Bookmarks, Passwords & QuickAccess & since it opens a file window, I assume that could import a 'mxbackup' file from the customer's old drive?

Or, is the backup encrypted to the old 'Machine ID'?

Also, which Maxthon version's backups is Mx7 compatible with?

How about autofill (& perhaps custom spell check dictionary), is that doable?

Since more & more customers are having to stop using Maxthon citing some website reporting it's not compatible, is there any way to get at least passwords into another browser?  Bookmarks can just be exported as HTML.

Hello!

'Import local data and HTML file...' only supports Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge & Google Chrome... are there any plans to extend this list (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, ect)?

On 2/7/2023 at 1:54 AM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Ya, this is an irritation for me...

I have used the setting "To the Right of Current Tab" since Maxthon Classic.
And forever the "+" has always opened at the END of all Tabs, where the + button is.
But since 6.0 Maxthon if you have the "to the Right of Current Tab" set, the stupid + button opens to the Right of current tab which is entirely NOT intuitive.

So, currently I'm forced to use the "To the Right of ALL Tabs" in order to make the + open at the end like it should.
This needs to be fixed...

The + should open at the END of ALL Tabs no matter what setting we have set in where we like the Tabs to open, next to current tab or at the end or otherwise.

Hello!

When on some websites (e.g. Outlook), I see an icon in the address bar saying "This site has been blocked from seeing text and images copied to the clipboard"... when I click 'Manage' it just takes me to Maxthon - Settings - General, where there's no management of said setting.

image.png.7c85a5f0704dce5e931e797949803ff0.png

However, if I've copied plain text to the clipboard (e.g. from Notepad) or a picture, I can still paste that into an email, so the blocking doesn't work anyway!

Hello!

On QuickAccess, the settings for screen text offer white on dark mask or black on light mask, but although the text colour changes, only the weather & search box actually have a mask, the other text (photo by, MaxNote | PassKeeper & Quick Access (which really doesn't need to be present anyway!), do NOT have a mask.

I said before, they should interrogate the image below, but that's not gonna work with pictures where the content varies in those areas, so actually adding the mask, as stated in settings, would fix this. 

image.png.db4feb888434944eb5ee78315d39a199.png

image.png.f9ffa8a537cec750790720943d636996.png

image.png.fc1e25f470ef6cd3957be0e91a0cab6c.png

But, now something's not right. I don't want to disable Smart Address Bar. i got used to write 1 letter and then I see suggestions. To make Aliases work I had do disable Smart Address Bar. Why? You broke something. Earlier Smart Address Bar and Aliases worked fine together.

Edit: compromise would be disabling "show in search Results: search suggestion" then Aliases works with Smart Address Bar enabled, but not with "Alias" ENTER, but "Alias" then MOUSE CLICK.

Still it was better earlier. But, I guess I'm alone in this. 😋

I see 'Restore from local…' supports Bookmarks, Passwords & QuickAccess & since it opens a file window, I assume that could import a 'mxbackup' file from the customer's old drive?

Or, is the backup encrypted to the old 'Machine ID'?

Also, which Maxthon version's backups is Mx7 compatible with?

How about autofill (& perhaps custom spell check dictionary), is that doable?

Since more & more customers are having to stop using Maxthon citing some website reporting it's not compatible, is there any way to get at least passwords into another browser?  Bookmarks can just be exported as HTML.

Hello!

'Import local data and HTML file...' only supports Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge & Google Chrome... are there any plans to extend this list (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, ect)?

Hi MichaelC362, you could choose to backup the files from local first then subsequently select restore from local.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hello!

When on some websites (e.g. Outlook), I see an icon in the address bar saying "This site has been blocked from seeing text and images copied to the clipboard"... when I click 'Manage' it just takes me to Maxthon - Settings - General, where there's no management of said setting.

image.png.7c85a5f0704dce5e931e797949803ff0.png

However, if I've copied plain text to the clipboard (e.g. from Notepad) or a picture, I can still paste that into an email, so the blocking doesn't work anyway!

Hi MichaelC362, so can I just confirm if you would like the blocking of site to be in place?

Hello!

On QuickAccess, the settings for screen text offer white on dark mask or black on light mask, but although the text colour changes, only the weather & search box actually have a mask, the other text (photo by, MaxNote | PassKeeper & Quick Access (which really doesn't need to be present anyway!), do NOT have a mask.

I said before, they should interrogate the image below, but that's not gonna work with pictures where the content varies in those areas, so actually adding the mask, as stated in settings, would fix this. 

image.png.db4feb888434944eb5ee78315d39a199.png

image.png.f9ffa8a537cec750790720943d636996.png

image.png.fc1e25f470ef6cd3957be0e91a0cab6c.png

Hi MichaelC362, noted on your feedback. The team has been informed on this and they will fix it in future version.

44 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, so can I just confirm if you would like the blocking of site to be in place?

Hello!

I never noticed the button before, but can see it could a be useful security feature.  However, it needs to do what it says, so if set to block, then it should block (& prevent the website from accessing the clipboard too), but it doesn't currently do that for plain text or images (haven't tried it with formatted text). Better implementation would be to prompt the user, but then what would the criteria be as many websites are information only, so it wouldn't be applicable?

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, you could choose to backup the files from local first then subsequently select restore from local.

Hello!

As I said, they have a non-booting Windows, so NOTHING can be done to the old installation.

Do you encrypt based on 'Machine ID' (like Chrome does)?

Do you encrypt at all!?

If there's no encryption, then 'restore local' would be able to access the Bookmarks, Passwords & QuickAccess from the old drive (maybe connected via a USB caddy/dock).

What about autofill & spell check, can they be transferred?

Will you be supporting more web browsers for import data (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Brave, Vivaldi, etc)?

Which previous versions of Maxthon can Mx7 restore backups from - Mx6, I'd expect yes as it's basically the same browser as Mx7, but what about Mx5 or earlier?

If customer decides to goto a different web browser, I assume I could import Bookmarks, Passwords & QuickAccess into a portable Mx7, but, unless I'm missing something, I see only an option to export Bookmark to HTML, nothing else, so they'd lose all passwords, autofill, etc. I know of no other web browser (or any standalone utility) that supports import data from Maxthon.

Archived