+ Added city selection in QA page
* Optimized QA page performance
* Updated translation
- Fixed "data not auto-backup for QA page" problem
- Fixed "downloader showed impropoer menu" problem
- Fixed "group info was missing when maximized browser window" problem
- Fixed "direct URL in address bar suggestion could not be deleted" problem
- Fixed several crashes

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1300/maxthon_7.0.0.1300_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1300/maxthon_7.0.0.1300_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1300/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.1300_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1300/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.1300_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Hi MX Team,

Please consider a few requests:

1) Show extension icons on sidebar instead of address bar if needed.

2) Tab opened in new background tab doesn't finish loading (endless circling animation on tab bar) until it's selected.

3) Horizontal scrolling of bookmarks.

Thank you guys for honoring my earlier requests. Regards.

"2) Tab opened in new background tab doesn't finish loading (endless circling animation on tab bar) until it's selected."

I have the same issue. 

and Maxthon will not support window7, 8, 8.1 after Chromium 110?

In previous versions the open tabs had no upper border of the whole window frame so when they were closed with a double click there was no need to be careful not to go to the border and risk resizing the entire Maxthon window. I hope I made you understand what I mean.

tab.png

51 minutes ago, nogain said:

In previous versions the open tabs had no upper border of the whole window frame so when they were closed with a double click there was no need to be careful not to go to the border and risk resizing the entire Maxthon window. I hope I made you understand what I mean.

tab.png

Oh nooo shit space is back... Thanks for info. Nice to wait 14 days for broken update without new core...

Anyone noticed something is wrong with aliases, this version? Example, I have "k" alias when I type "k" and Enter in addressbar nothing happens. F1, F2 etc aliases works well.

Edit: it's worse. if alias is with one letter nothing happens, but if alias have 2 letters then it's ignored by Maxthon. I have "em" alias. When I type "em" and Enter in addresbar, it opens new tab with  "em" results in Google.

10 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Yes, that is wxactly what I meant. Regardless of what I set or write as an address in this option screen, when restarting Maxthon, it goes to the MSN page. Look at the attached immage.

Startup settings.jpg

You set msn as the start page in customize
It will always open as the start page
I customized my start page to 
https://www.kooora.com/default.aspx?region=-1&area=0
and was set to it correctly
What exactly is wrong then?

start page settings.png

4 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

Anyone noticed something is wrong with aliases, this version? Example, I have "k" alias when I type "k" and Enter in addressbar nothing happens. F1, F2 etc aliases works well.

Edit: it's worse. if alias is with one letter nothing happens, but if alias have 2 letters then it's ignored by Maxthon. I have "em" alias. When I type "em" and Enter in addresbar, it opens new tab with  "em" results in Google.

Check this one

aliases.png

On 2/4/2023 at 8:28 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

1) Show extension icons on sidebar instead of address bar if needed.

Hi thereddevilrulez, request recorded.

2) Tab opened in new background tab doesn't finish loading (endless circling animation on tab bar) until it's selected.

I tried to test out this issue but could not reproduce this same error. Could you record a video on this for me?

3) Horizontal scrolling of bookmarks.

Request recorded.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:15 AM, 30312516 said:

"2) Tab opened in new background tab doesn't finish loading (endless circling animation on tab bar) until it's selected."

I have the same issue. 

and Maxthon will not support window7, 8, 8.1 after Chromium 110?

Hi 30312516, yes it is best if you could update to Windows 10 or 11 to enjoy the full features of the browser.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, alexzhus said:

Remove the padding between the tab and the browser window.
Why did you bring it back?

Hi alexzhus, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next version.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:09 PM, nogain said:

tab.png

Hi nogain, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next version.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:50 PM, Mhzayer said:

A very strange started happening on this version
I clicked the restore last closed page while I was playing a youtube video and a new Maxthon window with all my opened tabs opened with both youtube pages playing

Edit:

I tried this with and without extensions enabled

maxth ver.png

Hi Mhzayer, are you using the installed or portable version?

Still aliases with 2 letters not working anymore. Only those with 1 letter.

Edit: sorry, my mistake. All aliases works, only new aliases I made last days for some reason were deleted. I thought not working. 

So, all aliases works well.

Thanks again, Mhzayer.

Hello!

In the weather location selector, there should be a space between the city name & the select option

image.png.985a5604123cf62ec53d7082885297cd.png

Also, the city name should be displayed on the QA screen, under the weather, so one can see which it's set to & also should have option for auto, which would change as one roams.

Be nice also to have options for more than just 'now' weather, maybe low/high today, or next few hours or next few days, in a bigger display that could go down the screen as the sides are otherwise just wasted space due to the shortcuts not having an option to take more 'x' axis space (when selecting more shortcuts, they are simply made smaller to fit more in the same space!)

3 hours ago, alexzhus said:

The weather widget displays completely incorrect data. When I have -1 in my city, for example, it shows -9-10. Turned it off. Most likely the fault is not in him, but in the site from where he takes this data.

For me, the selected (NOT left to auto-detect, but clicked & entered my town name) town is now kept & the weather correct... however, up until a couple of versions ago, I got the same as you.

Hello!

Where the tabs have the pointless space above, which isn't part of the tab, although it might look better that way(?), to make it functionally viable, the area above the tab has to be detected as still part of the tab when clicked... that way it can look nice(r), but still function as one would expect.

Of course, the tab space to the top or not could just be a setting in appearance, that way, everyone is kept happy!

Same with rounded or angled corners for the tabs - put it as an option in appearance.

41 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

For me, the selected (NOT left to auto-detect, but clicked & entered my town name) town is now kept & the weather correct... however, up until a couple of versions ago, I got the same as you.

Also clicked, entered the name of the city. The city is saved, and the weather shows incorrectly, as I wrote above.

Hello!

When creating a new tab, if set 'To the right of current tab', it makes perfect sense to open to the right of current tab when multiple tabs are open & you're maybe duplicating one or opening a tab in the background from the tab you're on...

However, when expressly clicking the '+' at the right of all tabs, one would expect that to open a new tab there, on the right, but it actually opens it to the right of whichever tab previously had focus - this is counter intuitive.

image.png.5d83ba78512b6fca9ec7140babc05308.png

On 2/5/2023 at 7:58 PM, Mhzayer said:

You set msn as the start page in customize
It will always open as the start page
I customized my start page to 
https://www.kooora.com/default.aspx?region=-1&area=0
and was set to it correctly
What exactly is wrong then?

start page settings.png

Check this one

First of all I didn't set MSN as start page. It just changed to that after some update, not sure wich one.
Secondly I tried what you suggested, but still the same result. The setting is changed and I get a message it is successful. But on next Maxthon restart it is back to MSN.

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

In the weather location selector, there should be a space between the city name & the select option

image.png.985a5604123cf62ec53d7082885297cd.png

Also, the city name should be displayed on the QA screen, under the weather, so one can see which it's set to & also should have option for auto, which would change as one roams.

Be nice also to have options for more than just 'now' weather, maybe low/high today, or next few hours or next few days, in a bigger display that could go down the screen as the sides are otherwise just wasted space due to the shortcuts not having an option to take more 'x' axis space (when selecting more shortcuts, they are simply made smaller to fit more in the same space!)

Hi MichaelC362, request recorded.

17 hours ago, alexzhus said:

The weather widget displays completely incorrect data. When I have -1 in my city, for example, it shows -9-10. Turned it off. Most likely the fault is not in him, but in the site from where he takes this data.

Hi alexzhus, just to confirm if your city is Belarus? I will ask the team to check on it.

10 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

When creating a new tab, if set 'To the right of current tab', it makes perfect sense to open to the right of current tab when multiple tabs are open & you're maybe duplicating one or opening a tab in the background from the tab you're on...

However, when expressly clicking the '+' at the right of all tabs, one would expect that to open a new tab there, on the right, but it actually opens it to the right of whichever tab previously had focus - this is counter intuitive.

image.png.5d83ba78512b6fca9ec7140babc05308.png

Hi MichaelC362, if you have selected the setting 'to the right of current tab' and would like the new tab to be opened on the right, you will have to select the very last tab before clicking on the '+'. Alternatively, you may select the setting of 'to the right of all tabs', where all new tabs will be opened at the right regardless which foreground tab you are on.

7 hours ago, SirNasso said:

First of all I didn't set MSN as start page. It just changed to that after some update, not sure wich one.
Secondly I tried what you suggested, but still the same result. The setting is changed and I get a message it is successful. But on next Maxthon restart it is back to MSN.

Hi SirNasso, could you disable all extensions and see if this issue persist?

Archived