Maxthon Android version 7.0.0.5000

BugSir006

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2023 at 6:38 PM, phoenix-76 said:

Hello @BugSir006, neither Google Play store currently offers any update nor does my existing 6.2.0.1000 Android app provides update via "Check for updates" link. Can you please double check your update distribution channels and advise how to update to 7.0.0.5000?

My version was updated through google play before I see it here

On 1/13/2023 at 11:38 PM, phoenix-76 said:

Hello @BugSir006, neither Google Play store currently offers any update nor does my existing 6.2.0.1000 Android app provides update via "Check for updates" link. Can you please double check your update distribution channels and advise how to update to 7.0.0.5000?

Hi phoenix-76, kindly click on the attached file to download the latest version.

mx_five_pre_m6_google_play_mx6_18b9b3a_14930_7.0.0.5000_proguard_202301071504.apk

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi phoenix-76, kindly click on the attached file to download the latest version.

Hi @BugSir009, thank you for the 7.0.0.5000 download link. The Google Play Store still does not offer this version for update in my region (Czechia, Europe). Overall it's a very good update and loading of the webpages appears subjectively faster to me. Kudos! 👍 Here're my quick comments on potential areas of further improvement:

• Search engine list does not offer my primary Google search engine among the choices. Please have it added.
  • Adblock Plus setting under Privacy & Security section is inactive, although the ad blocker appears to be working by default.
  • The app reacts with roughly 0.5sec delay when tapping on the icon with number of open pages (the icon on the bottom bar to the right of the "M" icon) when Home page is active and the animation of the window being minimised is jerky for some reason. When any other open page but the Home page is active, the problem does not manifest itself and the reaction is instantaneous. Tested on Samsung S21 @ Android 13.
  • As mentioned several times before, I would very much appreciate if you allowed users to remove the currently mandatory section with links to eBay, Instagram, Vbox, Amazon, etc. Many users, me included, have no use for any of these links inside of the browser.
  • Adding a new site link via Add custom site leads to messing up the list of sites (only first row of custom site icons is displayed, the rest is not) and browser restart is needed in order to display the previously defined and also the newly added sites.
  • Similar to the above, when using the Home page Search bar, My Sites list gets reduced to the first row of icons temporarily.
  • Switching the Night Mode on/off without the Sun/Moon animation (and resulting delay) would seem more mature to me. Please consider removing the animation.

On 1/15/2023 at 6:42 PM, ßouЯock™ said:

Still translations are not applied to the new version. Which version do you plan to be included latest strings? Also still old strings are included!!!

16 hours ago, Zura Chelidze said:

Translation not present

Hi ßouЯock™ and Zura Chelidze, the translation issue will be optimized in future version.

17 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Hi @BugSir009, thank you for the 7.0.0.5000 download link. The Google Play Store still does not offer this version for update in my region (Czechia, Europe). Overall it's a very good update and loading of the webpages appears subjectively faster to me. Kudos! 👍 Here're my quick comments on potential areas of further improvement:

• Search engine list does not offer my primary Google search engine among the choices. Please have it added.
  • Adblock Plus setting under Privacy & Security section is inactive, although the ad blocker appears to be working by default.
  • The app reacts with roughly 0.5sec delay when tapping on the icon with number of open pages (the icon on the bottom bar to the right of the "M" icon) when Home page is active and the animation of the window being minimised is jerky for some reason. When any other open page but the Home page is active, the problem does not manifest itself and the reaction is instantaneous. Tested on Samsung S21 @ Android 13.
  • As mentioned several times before, I would very much appreciate if you allowed users to remove the currently mandatory section with links to eBay, Instagram, Vbox, Amazon, etc. Many users, me included, have no use for any of these links inside of the browser.
  • Adding a new site link via Add custom site leads to messing up the list of sites (only first row of custom site icons is displayed, the rest is not) and browser restart is needed in order to display the previously defined and also the newly added sites.
  • Similar to the above, when using the Home page Search bar, My Sites list gets reduced to the first row of icons temporarily.
  • Switching the Night Mode on/off without the Sun/Moon animation (and resulting delay) would seem more mature to me. Please consider removing the animation.

Hi phoenix-76, thank you and your requests has been recorded.

• That new TAB bar on top has no purpose, I know where I am. It reduces the already tight display area in landscape mode (even some dialogs cannot work, the buttons are too low), and falls behind the notch in portrait mode. Please, remove it or at least add a switch to the setup.
  • Auto Fullscreen is not auto, I must swipe up to maximize the page every time - zillion times, and the top/bottom bars are needed very rarely. Please, make it maximized on every new page (if enabled in setup) and show the bars with swipe down gesture.
  • Scripts often do not work when returning to the previous page, a refresh is needed.

Regards.

18 hours ago, SEYMOUR said:

How to change city in Accuweather settings?

If you mean in Maxthon widget, you can't

in the site itself just click on the search and it will give you the option to choose your current location if that's what you needaccuweather.png.jpg.80de6224ada55a826fedfcd448d0277e.jpg

Issues...?

1. How do you show "All Bookmarks"...
It's ONLY showing the bookmarks in the "Favorites Bar"?

2. Is there no way to install Extensions?

3. Why is the Quick Access Page not synced with the Desktops Quick Access page?
I.e. we have to create all new links for the Android version.

4. What is BBEP...?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived