CSS issues in M7

Windows 11 x64. Maxthon 7.0.0.901.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/cars/news/volkswagen/163988-vw

Rather than a nice carousel at the top of this page with a single image in view, I get all the images laid out one by one, obscuring the content. I've seen similar odd behaviour in the last couple of days on both Facebook and Instagram, so am sure it's a browser rather than site issue.

image.thumb.png.d2c31b31070cccd2b4983459e5fbeb42.png

15 hours ago, AaronX said:

Windows 11 x64. Maxthon 7.0.0.901.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/cars/news/volkswagen/163988-vw

Rather than a nice carousel at the top of this page with a single image in view, I get all the images laid out one by one, obscuring the content. I've seen similar odd behaviour in the last couple of days on both Facebook and Instagram, so am sure it's a browser rather than site issue.

image.thumb.png.d2c31b31070cccd2b4983459e5fbeb42.png

Hi AaronX, I have tested the website but unable to reproduce the same issue. Could you try to disable all extensions and see if the problem persist?

image.png

17 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi AaronX, I have tested the website but unable to reproduce the same issue. Could you try to disable all extensions and see if the problem persist?

image.png

No luck I'm afraid. It persists with everything disabled (AdBlock, Google Docs Offline, LastPass and Video Downloader for Vimeo).

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

@AaronX @Cookie_Monster, could you try out this new chromium version and see if the overlapping images still occur?

Chromium_108.zip 118.17 MB · 5 downloads

After I opened the page in chromium, the maxthon page also opened correctly and looks proper now as in the following screenshots.

It was not like that in maxthon previously, but exactly like the screenshot in OP's 1st post.

But I noticed the carousel is gone now. Maybe the page has been updated?

v7.0.0_1000.thumb.jpg.952331563217b81a7c091e4a1c337c12.jpg

260498251_chromium108.thumb.jpg.dd7d2f53d0db294db3cdb96e636da5f9.jpg

Yes, rather unhelpfully the website has updated its whole design in the last couple of days, and the carousel is no longer there at all.

However, running 7.0.0.1000, I can't currently recreate the error on other places I was seeing it, such as Instagram posts including multiple pictures.

I'll update the thread if I find any other instances.

Archived