how to get rid of the upgrade pop up

Hi All

recently this upgrade pop-up keeps popping up on my windows 10

image.png.8ed4432fdb94fdccf7c9aa84772e6888.png

I understand , this is the evolutionary path, BUTTT at present I do not want to upgrade at all. Reasons are there but I will keep this issue specific & short :)

How or where can I 'say' that M. should not keep popping this box up on my windows 10 ?--(any M service, settings, ini file, assignment file , menu options(which I could not find)

Right now, I have to manually hit the 'X' button each and every time to dissuade it.

Thanks for any help here

Good day to you all !

On 12/3/2022 at 5:47 PM, radscorpion said:

Hi All

recently this upgrade pop-up keeps popping up on my windows 10

image.png.8ed4432fdb94fdccf7c9aa84772e6888.png

I understand , this is the evolutionary path, BUTTT at present I do not want to upgrade at all. Reasons are there but I will keep this issue specific & short :)

How or where can I 'say' that M. should not keep popping this box up on my windows 10 ?--(any M service, settings, ini file, assignment file , menu options(which I could not find)

Right now, I have to manually hit the 'X' button each and every time to dissuade it.

Thanks for any help here

Good day to you all !

Hi radscorpion, even if you upgrade to MX6, MX5 will be retained in your PC and you will be able to use both MX5 and MX6. By upgrading to MX6, you will be able to import all your MX5 data to MX6. Alternatively, you could install MX6 manually and it wouldn't import MX5 data and the update will not pop-up again. 

Okay, Thanks for this heads up.

I still would not know 'what' prompts this pop-up (any windows host srv. or MX itself)

But at least from your reply it's clear that MX5 & MX6 are co-existent.

*Post Edit : It may be coming from the updater app, MxUp.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\Bin. In the past, as soon as I did a Maxthon clean install, I would simply rename this to MxUp.exe.OLD but now with the newer Maxthon versions, it automatically creates/regenerates a new one so renaming doesn't work any more. So @ least we know now, from where is this coming from. Just for the records :)

Archived