Favorites sort order in Maxthon 5 and 6

ligoten

I've been stubbornly clinging to Maxthon 5 for quite a while, in part because my favorites are sorted differently in Maxthon 6 than in 5. It looks like Maxthon 6 might be sorting entries from newest to oldest, while Maxthon 5 has them oldest to newest, except where I have manually moved items around. Is it possible to make Maxthon 6 follow my existing favorites order instead of re-sorting?

On 12/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, ligoten said:

I've been stubbornly clinging to Maxthon 5 for quite a while, in part because my favorites are sorted differently in Maxthon 6 than in 5. It looks like Maxthon 6 might be sorting entries from newest to oldest, while Maxthon 5 has them oldest to newest, except where I have manually moved items around. Is it possible to make Maxthon 6 follow my existing favorites order instead of re-sorting?

Hi ligoten, you may choose to import MX5 data over to MX6. Imported bookmarks will be in a new folder and these bookmarks will not be affected. In MX6 the bookmarks sequence is still being determined on the date and time created.

10 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi ligoten, you may choose to import MX5 data over to MX6. Imported bookmarks will be in a new folder and these bookmarks will not be affected. In MX6 the bookmarks sequence is still being determined on the date and time created.

I've tried that multiple times, choosing to overwrite the Maxthon 6 local and server data with the Maxthon 5 server data. Hmm, it seems that the problem is that the Maxthon 5 server data is in a different order than my local data. Or at least, my local favorites list is different than opening Maxnote. How did that happen?

6 hours ago, ligoten said:

I've tried that multiple times, choosing to overwrite the Maxthon 6 local and server data with the Maxthon 5 server data. Hmm, it seems that the problem is that the Maxthon 5 server data is in a different order than my local data. Or at least, my local favorites list is different than opening Maxnote. How did that happen?

Hi ligoten, bookmarks is different from MaxNote. Once you have imported the data, the bookmarks will show at the address bar and side bar while for MaxNote you will have to access it from the main menu at the top right hand corner or alternatively press ALT + Shift + N

image.png

34 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi ligoten, you may go under Settings > General > Open your account local folder and click Profile > Backups > Bookmarks. Select one of the backup file and replace your local bookmark file with it.

image.png

Okay, I've done that and the sort order is still different, but now more recent changes are missing.

1 hour ago, ligoten said:

As far as I know, my Maxthon account ID is the same as my ID here: ligoten. My email is ligoten@gmail.com.

Hi ligoten, the server only has one 2021 version of your bookmarks stored. Could you try importing Maxthon 5 account data again under MX6 settings? I will get the engineers to check again once you are done.

36 minutes ago, ligoten said:

I'm not sure what you mean by extend network, but DNS and DHCP are both being automatically configured. I also am not using a VPN.

How about extensions? Do you have any extensions that could possibly interrupt with the syncing? Could you disable all extensions and try again?

Archived