Update screen is really annoying - I mean really

Keeps coming back every time I dismiss it. 5-times today.

maxthon-update.PNG

[Update: 16-times and the day is not over. This is worse than any software I've ever used. Come on; really annoying]

And so it continues. @Max - Admin Bot - These reminders are way too aggressive.

UPDATE: If this effects you, one solution is to disable it in Task Scheduler in Windows. It's called "Maxthon5 update". Just disable it in the right pane or you could try changing the frequency it triggers (currently every 30-minutes).

Another member messaged to say they deleted "MxUp.exe" file in Maxthon's bin folder. Not the ideal solution but if you just want it to stop at all costs, there you go. 

Not good if you depend on MX to update for security etc.

• TheWhippinpost changed the title to Update screen is really annoying - I mean really

Hi TheWhippinpost, may I know why you rejected the update? It will not affect the MX5 and just automatically import all MX5 user data account to MX6 including History and Last session data, and your device will have MX6 and MX5 two applications.

If you would not import the MX5 account data, you could install MX6 manually, then it won't import MX5 data and won't pop up the update again.

On 11/21/2022 at 7:54 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi TheWhippinpost, may I know why you rejected the update? It will not affect the MX5 and just automatically import all MX5 user data account to MX6 including History and Last session data, and your device will have MX6 and MX5 two applications.

If you would not import the MX5 account data, you could install MX6 manually, then it won't import MX5 data and won't pop up the update again.

I think you've replied to the wrong thread? This issue is about the crazy number of reminders. Can you pass it on to the devs? If people are deleting "MxUp.exe" or stopping it in task scheduler then it's not good.

16 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

I think you've replied to the wrong thread? This issue is about the crazy number of reminders. Can you pass it on to the devs? If people are deleting "MxUp.exe" or stopping it in task scheduler then it's not good.

Hi TheWhippinpost, this issue has been reported to the dev team.😊

If you accept the update, the prompt won't pop up anymore. 

Archived