Importing data from portable version

15 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

I still have MX5 installed but use MX6 portable (V. 6.1.3.2020). Is it possible to import from the portable version to the latest MX portable version, and not MX5?

That is, can I select which to import from?

Hi TheWhippinpost, you could update to the latest version V6.2.0.2400 and no importing is required. You can go under Settings < About Maxthon < click Update button

image.png

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi TheWhippinpost, you could update to the latest version V6.2.0.2400 and no importing is required. You can go under Settings < About Maxthon < click Update button

image.png

Thank you, but which of my Maxthon installations does it import data from? I want it to import from my MX6 portable; not my MX5 desktop install.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:20 AM, TheWhippinpost said:

Thank you, this appears to have worked well. Is there a way to import the "Last session" URLs too?

Hi The Whippinpost, did you update to the latest MX6 portable version and lost your Last session URLs? Or where do you intend to import the URLs from?

3 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

I downloaded MX portable, ran it, signed-in and it updated; if that's what you mean by automatic. Didn't import Last Session though.

Hi TheWhippinpost, the last session data could not sync with the browser account.

For example, you used the portable version 6.2.0.2300 and checked the auto-update in About, and it updated automatically, you could find the Last session in the latest version, and it won't lose.

If you download a fresh new portable version and log in to your browser account, the Last session data won't display. Because it could not sync to your browser account.

So we recommend you use the auto-update function.

Maxthon Snap20221122103845.png

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi TheWhippinpost, the last session data could not sync with the browser account.

For example, you used the portable version 6.2.0.2300 and checked the auto-update in About, and it updated automatically, you could find the Last session in the latest version, and it won't lose.

If you download a fresh new portable version and log in to your browser account, the Last session data won't display. Because it could not sync to your browser account.

So we recommend you use the auto-update function.

Maxthon Snap20221122103845.png

Thank you. I don't have automatic updates enabled because a previous update some time ago lost my data, which was very painful.

I have to say, the last few updates have been good, however (apart from this last session issue); but once bitten, twice shy.

16 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

Thank you. I don't have automatic updates enabled because a previous update some time ago lost my data, which was very painful.

I have to say, the last few updates have been good, however (apart from this last session issue); but once bitten, twice shy.

Hi TheWhippinpost, the Last session data could not sync to the browser account, so you could copy the folder "User Data" from your previous browser and paste it to your new portable version.

Archived