how to get back direct URL input?

Since the latest version upgrade, MX6 started auto-filling in suggested URLs based on the characters input into the universal input box.

I don't want this because it can interfere with URL shortcuts that I have setup and have been using in Maxthon for almost 10 years. For example, when I type in "base" and hit "Enter" I want to go to the URL I've associated with that shortcut, not some random URL from Maxnote that by chance containts the text string "base" in the middle of the URL or the title of the page.

How do I turn this off and revert to how Maxthon has worked for the last 10 years?

image.thumb.png.7c4557283b0570b45840f43ee6b1519d.png

6 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

Since the latest version upgrade, MX6 started auto-filling in suggested URLs based on the characters input into the universal input box.

I don't want this because it can interfere with URL shortcuts that I have setup and have been using in Maxthon for almost 10 years. For example, when I type in "base" and hit "Enter" I want to go to the URL I've associated with that shortcut, not some random URL from Maxnote that by chance containts the text string "base" in the middle of the URL or the title of the page.

How do I turn this off and revert to how Maxthon has worked for the last 10 years?

image.thumb.png.7c4557283b0570b45840f43ee6b1519d.png

Hi vedicaudio, kindly go into Settings > Advanced > Smart address bar and uncheck 'Enable smart address bar'

image.png

Archived