MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.2200

BugSir006

Hello!

I see other major web browsers are now coming with Chromium 107...

I do hope the next Maxthon update doesn't come with 104!

It's truly astounding that you've not bothered to update the core more than once this year - surely you see the enormous number of complaints you're getting about it & the bugs & compatibility issues you're trying to fix are likely already fixed in the newer cores!?

For reference, even on a new SSD with a new Windows 11 Pro 64bit install, all updates applied, latest device drivers & latest Maxthon, still often (but not always) getting wrong or missing icons for program (.exe) downloads in download manager - has been this way most, if not all, this year.

48 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

BUG...

Tab simply being open, and it will all of a sudden become this error.
Occurred twice on me, once when the Tab was just in the background, and once when I was just browsing the page.

Untitled.png

reports.zip 1.15 MB · 0 downloads

Hi leeuniverse, thanks for the report. We will forward it to the engineers for them to look into it.

Hello!

1. Still getting duplicate entries in the download manager, showing the same item downloading twice... worse, when one finishes, the other indicates it's still downloading, but I guess just to a temporary file as it doesn't affect the downloaded item (the download never finishes, eventually dropping to 0 bytes/second).

2. Still getting white on white (sometimes, black on black), when opening links from Thunderbird (going to www.softwapedia.com).

Both issues been present for a LONG time & reported before with earlier releases.

3. Be nice if import supported more browsers (e.g. Opera (which we install on customer's computers) & maybe Brave, Vivaldi, etc)

1 hour ago, MichaelC362 said:

2. Still getting white on white (sometimes, black on black), when opening links from Thunderbird (going to www.softwapedia.com).

Both issues been present for a LONG time & reported before with earlier releases.

Hi MichaelC362, please try to uncheck "hardware acceleration" then try this issue again.

hardware acceleration.png

1 hour ago, MichaelC362 said:

3. Be nice if import supported more browsers (e.g. Opera (which we install on customer's computers) & maybe Brave, Vivaldi, etc)

Request reported. 😊

9 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

My 360 total security also blocks it but it only remove this plu1.exe only and I can install maxthon without it

I can't install it at all - installer simply shuts down. In-app update doesn't work as well - it shows me "Update now" button, then "Upgrading version..." progress when click the button and "Maxthon browser is up to date" shortly after. The version number doesn't change after that.

5 hours ago, grisp1 said:

I can't install it at all - installer simply shuts down. In-app update doesn't work as well - it shows me "Update now" button, then "Upgrading version..." progress when click the button and "Maxthon browser is up to date" shortly after. The version number doesn't change after that.

For now try to use the portable maybe your AV will only remove the file without removing the rest

13 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Hi grisp1, please back up the folder "User Data," then fresh install the latest version. 

Maxthon Snap20221102110102.png

On 11/1/2022 at 7:05 PM, MichaelC362 said:

1. Still getting duplicate entries in the download manager, showing the same item downloading twice... worse, when one finishes, the other indicates it's still downloading, but I guess just to a temporary file as it doesn't affect the downloaded item (the download never finishes, eventually dropping to 0 bytes/second).

Hi MichaelC362, is it possible that you clicked two times on the Download button but you only Confirmed the download one time?

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, is it possible that you clicked two times on the Download button but you only Confirmed the download one time?

No

On 11/1/2022 at 12:35 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, please try to uncheck "hardware acceleration" then try this issue again.

hardware acceleration.png

Request reported. 😊

Hello!

If I copy the URL & paste it to a new tab, it works fine, so it's nothing to do with hardware acceleration.

However, let's pretend it was, in which case that'll mean the code for hardware acceleration would be either incompatible with mainstream graphics or is just unreliable... in both cases, it would need to be checked & fixed!  The interesting thing though, is it's intermittent... sometimes it works fine!

Hi,
right click translation not working in the last portable version, also
Settings/ Gestures & shortcuts / Super drag NOT WORK and also Drag file to activate the browser NOT WORK (i have ENABLED both).

Windows 10
Maxthon Portable Version 6.2.0.2200 (64-bit) 1028

Thanks.

10 hours ago, migel said:

Hi,
right click translation not working in the last portable version, also

Hi migel, could you please let me know your country and provide a short video of this issue?

10 hours ago, migel said:

Settings/ Gestures & shortcuts / Super drag NOT WORK and also Drag file to activate the browser NOT WORK (i have ENABLED both).

Did you enable the extension "Simple Allow Copy?" Please try to disable it then try this issue again.

On 10/31/2022 at 4:23 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi leeuniverse, thanks for the report. We will forward it to the engineers for them to look into it.

BTW, this is a NEW BUG I've never had before, starting with this version.

Also, it's occurring A LOT since using this version of the browser, on all types of pages from YouTube, to my bank, Amazon, etc.

33 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

BTW, this is a NEW BUG I've never had before, starting with this version.

Also, it's occurring A LOT since using this version of the browser, on all types of pages from YouTube, to my bank, Amazon, etc.

Hi leeuniverse, noted on this bug. We have already informed the team and they will try to fix it as soon as possible.

13 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, could you please let me know your country and provide a short video of this issue?

Did you enable the extension "Simple Allow Copy?" Please try to disable it then try this issue again.

Hi, my country is Greece (no need video) TODAY WORK FINE i dont know what happened for about a week......

I dont have the extension "Simple Allow Copy".

I try the new portable version MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.2300....

Thanks.

Archived