MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.2100

BugSir006

8 hours ago, xxxxx said:

Hey @BugSir006, here's the video of the problem I had in 6.2.0.1600; it still happens in 0.6.0.2100 (when I use zoom 150% and I open a tab in background using middle click, the current window's zoom size revert to 100% for a split second)

Hi xxxxx, sorry, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it.

Do you mean you have two monitors and they have different page zooms on the same website on different monitors?

I tried to test this issue on two monitors, when changing the browser page zoom on the same website, the website page zoom can keep the same on two monitors.

11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi xxxxx, sorry, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it.

Do you mean you have two monitors and they have different page zooms on the same website on different monitors?

I tried to test this issue on two monitors, when changing the browser page zoom on the same website, the website page zoom can keep the same on two monitors.

no, this is using a single monitor, single instance of maxthon with default zoom at 150%. when the browser only a couple of tabs, it happens so fast it's barely noticeable, but it gets more noticeable as the memory consumption goes up. Maybe try to open lots of tabs including a couple of youtube tabs, then opeen `https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui/wiki` (make sure there is a youtube tab after the current tab, it seems to be a factor) then try to open links in new background tabs using middle mouse click. On my system, the zoom resets to 100% before going back to 150%.
This used to work fine before v6.2.xxxx (most display issues like the white flash and overall slower experience seem to happen after 6.2.xxx)

13 hours ago, xxxxx said:

no, this is using a single monitor, single instance of maxthon with default zoom at 150%. when the browser only a couple of tabs, it happens so fast it's barely noticeable, but it gets more noticeable as the memory consumption goes up. Maybe try to open lots of tabs including a couple of youtube tabs, then opeen `https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui/wiki` (make sure there is a youtube tab after the current tab, it seems to be a factor) then try to open links in new background tabs using middle mouse click. On my system, the zoom resets to 100% before going back to 150%.
This used to work fine before v6.2.xxxx (most display issues like the white flash and overall slower experience seem to happen after 6.2.xxx)

Hi xxxxx, thank you for your information. I tried to test this issue according to the info but haven't reproduced it.

Please try to disable the extensions and then try this issue again.

Did you customize the settings in mx://flags? Please try to reset the flags settings then try again.

On 10/20/2022 at 5:44 PM, xxxxx said:

I couldn't reproduce too
did the steps as told
Is acceleration mode turned off with you?
It's checked with me
I'm using installed version on windows 10 pro 21H2 19044.2130

Hello!

I was having some WiFi issues with Windows 8.1 Professional, so decided, since it'll be discontinued in January anyway, to fit a new/bigger SSD & do a fresh Windows 11 Professional (11.22H2) install...

I also replaced the PSU with a more powerful one, upgraded the RAM to 32GB & the CPU to a quad-core 3.5GHz with 4x more cache, so even though Windows 11 is MASSIVELY slower than 8.1, it's not too bad with the newer/better hardware!

Still getting all the same issues I had with Windows 8.1, so that wasn't a factor:

1. download manager still often showing wrong (user icon instead) or no icon for program downloads.

2. still getting white on white (or sometimes black on black) when Maxthon opened via a link in an email (via Thunderbird).

3. I notice, when Maxthon loads ok, it's using Trident then immediately switching to Chromium before displaying Quick Launch (I can see this as I have my background window colour set to pastel green (easier on the eyes than bright white) & that's what Trident uses (no idea why!)).

4. new one - Open University, when signed in (so you might not be able to replicate this), the course weeks won't scroll in Chromium (unbelievably, still using 103!), but work ok in Trident.

4. new one - Open University, when signed in (so you might not be able to replicate this), the course weeks won't scroll in Chromium (unbelievably, still using 103!), but work ok in Trident.

That's the Open University's fault not Maxthon. OU are still using Internet Explorer as their Browser Standard. They're not the only ones.

15 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

2. still getting white on white (or sometimes black on black) when Maxthon opened via a link in an email (via Thunderbird).

3. I notice, when Maxthon loads ok, it's using Trident then immediately switching to Chromium before displaying Quick Launch (I can see this as I have my background window colour set to pastel green (easier on the eyes than bright white) & that's what Trident uses (no idea why!)).

Hi MichaelC362, please try to delete the file "ie_record.json" under the folder "Profile," then try the issues again. 😊 

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Windows 11 is MASSIVELY slower than 8.1, it's not too bad with the newer/better hardware!

Windows 11 is very fast for me (I use it now even on one very old computer).

Windows 11 much faster even 10 LTSC. (they also say that version 22 is heavier than 21. I haven't had time to test version 22 yet, but 21 is very fast for me!)

Try to use this - O&O ShutUp10++

On 10/24/2022 at 10:03 AM, UserMx5 said:

Windows 11 is very fast for me (I use it now even on one very old computer).

Windows 11 much faster even 10 LTSC. (they also say that version 22 is heavier than 21. I haven't had time to test version 22 yet, but 21 is very fast for me!)

Try to use this - O&O ShutUp10++

Having installed Windows 10 & 11 on around 1000 customer's computers, I can assure you those 2 are significantly slower than Windows 8.1 (which I ran on 2 computers of my own from 2013 to last week).  However, if you have more than 4GB of RAM & a modern SSD & a CPU with a reasonable amount of cache & high enough speed, they're bearable.  Running either on a HDD &/or with only 4GB RAM &/or a low cache/speed CPU can be painfully slow, but is ok (still not great!) under Windows 8.1.  Even if you remove the bloat, they're still bigger & slower.  But, as 8.1 is discontinued next January, I've upped the spec of my server to be ok with 11 (I prefer the fonts & basic look in 11 to 10, but obviously, I've installed 'Explorer Patcher' & 'Open Shell' to make the interface acceptable) & I'm happy enough with the performance.  If I was looking for super-fast, I'd change to Manjaro Linux, but as Maxthon haven't bothered yet (if ever) to release an updated version for Linux (they used to do one), I'll stick with Windows for now.

Archived