MX6 PC Official Release 6.2.0.2000

BugSir006

2 hours ago, roguelike said:

They really should update core first and than check if any of exisiting issues are still here. I will not be surprised if some issues are because of ore being severely outdated.

Possible on occasion, but likely not usual...  I think most of their bugs are caused by THEIR changes, not the original Chromium.

10 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Possible on occasion, but likely not usual...  I think most of their bugs are caused by THEIR changes, not the original Chromium.

If they did changes to chromium updating to newer version without changes should help them to see where errors is, no? 

1 hour ago, roguelike said:

If they did changes to chromium updating to newer version without changes should help them to see where errors is, no? 

They still have to test and compare etc., all of which is time.  They can only do so much.
For most things, the "User" is the Guinee Pig to find problems with a thing for which they can then fix.  And then you have the problem with variations with users.

For example, many of the bugs reported here, I don't actually have, either in my usage or I just don't do whatever it is the user with the bugs is doing.

Anyway, ultimately they seem to be more focused now on Updating the Core as quickly as possible, not delaying so much as they've done before, so, just be patient.  I used to use 360Chrome and they simply operated as standard with a massively outdated core.  It likely had to do with certain features not working the same if they tried to keep to the latest core.  So, lot's of things to consider.

This version auto updated today as far as I can see from 6.2.0.1500. History will not now display except for the current day. Looking in my user data/profile 1 the usual history file is there but only 256k. How can I get all my history back please?
I have never found a way of backing up User Data, except for taking a disk image. It seems to be protected from copying.

10 hours ago, skidude said:

Ta wersja jest dziś automatycznie aktualizowana, o ile widzę od 6.2.0.1500. Historia nie będzie teraz wyświetlana z wyjątkiem bieżącego dnia. Patrząc na moje dane użytkownika/profil 1, znajduje się zwykły plik historii, ale tylko 256k. Jak mogę odzyskać całą moją historię?
Nigdy nie znalazłem sposobu na wykonanie kopii zapasowej danych użytkownika, z wyjątkiem zrobienia obrazu dysku. Wydaje się, że jest chroniony przed kopiowaniem.

For me, after updating from version ... 1600, the history file has not broken and I have it intact. I recommend automatic image capture every evening at the end of the day using e.g. free Macrium Software. It is easy to read the disgusts from the last days and, for example, replace the Maxthon catalog and the history, and everything returns to normal :). You can try to right-click the history file and select Restore previous versions, it is possible Windows has kept these previous versions! If not, run the Windows System Restore tool and go back to the previous day, or even earlier (but create a new restore point before this operation and save the project files or other important files that you created after the date of the restore point you want to go back to). and Maxthon's history will be restored :). restore the entire disk image from today and replace the entire Maxthon directory with AppData from a pendrive

BTW: When you have history, e.g. from the last few weeks, is the list of pages from a given day or searching for a specific word slow on your computer? For me, I have to load all page thumbnails in the history list to be able to scroll the window down. And they often load slowly :)

On 10/16/2022 at 6:44 AM, skidude said:

This version auto updated today as far as I can see from 6.2.0.1500. History will not now display except for the current day. Looking in my user data/profile 1 the usual history file is there but only 256k. How can I get all my history back please?
I have never found a way of backing up User Data, except for taking a disk image. It seems to be protected from copying.

Hi skidude, could you please compress the folder "Log Files" and send it to me?

Maxthon Snap20221017164611.png

On 10/15/2022 at 11:44 PM, skidude said:

I found the problem; after this Mx instal of 6.2.0.2000 when I rebooted Windows forced a disk check and found errors and had removed and saved the history file as a .chk file 'D:\found.001\dir0001.chk\Default\History'. I simply moved this recovered file back to User Data/Default as well as the history-journal file and my History is now back where it should be.

I have an issue with auto updating and will start another thread about this.

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi skidude, could you please compress the folder "Log Files" and send it to me?

Maxthon Snap20221017164611.png

Please see my post above for the solution.

Two issues to report.

I have found that Mx is now auto updating. This has never happened before and the updating setting that I select: 'Autocheck and notify for updates' seems to get changed to 'Automatically keep my Maxthon browser up to date'.

This is not good as I want to choose myself where and when to run and install updates to ensure stability if nothing else.

The second issue: After installing this 2000 version I have noticed that a folder named Installer is created and left behind here 'D:\Maxthon\MaxthonPortable\6.2.0.2000\Installer'. It contains two files one of which is 'chrome.7z'. This file is a space hog at 300MB. Can it be deleted as previous versions do not seem to have left this folder behind after updating.

The second issue: After installing this 2000 version I have noticed that a folder named Installer is created and left behind here 'D:\Maxthon\MaxthonPortable\6.2.0.2000\Installer'. It contains two files one of which is 'chrome.7z'. This file is a space hog at 300MB. Can it be deleted as previous versions do not seem to have left this folder behind after updating.

Don't have this Installer file in my MX6 Portable.

For the last few month I cannot login and manage my passwords and addresses through Passkeeper.

My SMS verification code cannot be sent! I get an error message: "999: service is busy"

I submitted a bug report through the troubleshooting page twice but never heard back.

This needs to be fixed ASAP

Thanks

5 hours ago, cpNet said:

For the last few month I cannot login and manage my passwords and addresses through Passkeeper.

My SMS verification code cannot be sent! I get an error message: "999: service is busy"

I submitted a bug report through the troubleshooting page twice but never heard back.

This needs to be fixed ASAP

Thanks

Hi cpNet, could you please let me know the email address of your browser account and send the phone number and area code of this issue to me?

11 hours ago, skidude said:

Two issues to report.

I have found that Mx is now auto updating. This has never happened before and the updating setting that I select: 'Autocheck and notify for updates' seems to get changed to 'Automatically keep my Maxthon browser up to date'.

This is not good as I want to choose myself where and when to run and install updates to ensure stability if nothing else.

Hi skidude, could you please let me know the version number of the browser before the update?

15 hours ago, Poizon said:

All problems with the quick access page are still there!!!
No one even thought to fix anything!

This might not be your problem but after upgrading to v2000 Quick Access buttons sometimes worked and sometimes were unresponsive. Then after upgrading AdBlocker to the latest version normality was resumed.

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi skidude, could you please let me know the version number of the browser before the update?

Yes it was 6.2.0.1500 so this was the version that allowed autoupdating. I think that MX when installed sets Autoupdate on as default. For me this is wrong and the notify option should be the default as a new version can and does introduce unexpected problems.

17 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Don't have this Installer file in my MX6 Portable.

I have never seen it before after my many upgrades to MX. It looks like it will be safe to delete it. That leaves the question of how it got left there one for the devs to address and answer.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, Cllaymenn said:

For me, after updating from version ... 1600, the history file has not broken and I have it intact. I recommend automatic image capture every evening at the end of the day using e.g. free Macrium Software. It is easy to read the disgusts from the last days and, for example, replace the Maxthon catalog and the history, and everything returns to normal :). You can try to right-click the history file and select Restore previous versions, it is possible Windows has kept these previous versions! If not, run the Windows System Restore tool and go back to the previous day, or even earlier (but create a new restore point before this operation and save the project files or other important files that you created after the date of the restore point you want to go back to). and Maxthon's history will be restored :). restore the entire disk image from today and replace the entire Maxthon directory with AppData from a pendrive

BTW: When you have history, e.g. from the last few weeks, is the list of pages from a given day or searching for a specific word slow on your computer? For me, I have to load all page thumbnails in the history list to be able to scroll the window down. And they often load slowly :)

History: No I do not have any delays when searching through History which goes back over a year on my PC. 

Backup: I do a weekly backup but have had problems unzipping and restoring it using Peazip. I have had to use a different decompressor to get this to work this week. Macrium is a good idea though I will have a look at that if it will do selective Folder and file saves. 

Archived