MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.1500

BugSir006

Hello!

'New features' reported: VBox, Resource Sniffer, Night Mode & Snap Screen all as new features, but they've been there for ages, so NOT new.

Still removing Windows' default browser setting (so none now set), but this time, Maxthon didn't prompt to ask to set as default.

Running Windows 8.1 Professional, 64 bit, fully up-to-date.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:16 AM, nogain said:

Hi staff, don't forget a new Chromium core update!!! (105)

The dev team will update the core as soon as possible. 😊

On 9/24/2022 at 9:36 PM, 30312516 said:

The unpinned extension icon doesn't disappear unless I click once again

Hi 30312516, in Win7 system?

23 hours ago, darknessblade said:

Is there any information with regarding to Goolge Killing of manifest v2 which many adblockers use.

If maxthon, will swap to a different browser-core, or find a way to still use Manifest V2

1. Well, v3 is the standard now, so not much that can be done for that.

2. No way...  If Maxthon EVER changes again, it would have to be some super duper new browser standard which kills Chromium.
Or, Maxthon can go back to being a "Shell" Browser, which is when it really was the BEST browser of any of it's iterations, so fast, easy to make Extensions, etc.  Of course, then it would have to have it's "own" Extensions again, and we are beyond that frankly, reliant on the larger Chrome library.

So, no go... no going back to something else.

Hello!

Was using ok, exit & upon reloading, was signed out...

After signing back in, was like a fresh install, so extensions auto reloaded & some settings lost, so had to re-setup.

The Classic Theme is working again, with the correct colours (hasn't worked for months & I had to install a third party theme).

No error messages at any time, I was just signed out!

I see you've still not fixed the Secure DNS settings for CloudFlare...

You should state, in the descriptions, the differences between 1.1.1.1, 1.1.1.2 & 1.1.1.3.

But, only 1.1.1.1 seems to work anyway as the other 2 give an error:

image.png.bcbd461e54f1c9dc62e5eac4073b2790.png

Hello!

Previously, often, but not always, when loading, Maxthon would just show a blank page (generally white on white, but links from quick launch were still showing when cursor moved around or if opened via a link, would show those links, but still white on white, so nothing visible).

Now, black on black, even with Classic Theme & Windows NOT set to dark, but EVERY time.

If I open another tab, it's (mostly, but even then not always on first go), fine.

I also notice I can't always shut the last open tab... click the cross, but the page remains... open another (blank/quick launch) tab, then can shut the first ok.

Lastly, since Chromium 106 is now the stable release, there's no point in putting 105 in Maxthon (you missed 104 completely!) & you should, within DAYS not MONTHS, release a new version of Maxthon, with any new stable core... what's the point of saying Maxthon is based on Chromium if you use such an old core that there's loads of compatibility issues!?

19 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Previously, often, but not always, when loading, Maxthon would just show a blank page (generally white on white, but links from quick launch were still showing when cursor moved around or if opened via a link, would show those links, but still white on white, so nothing visible).

Now, black on black, even with Classic Theme & Windows NOT set to dark, but EVERY time.

If I open another tab, it's (mostly, but even then not always on first go), fine.

I also notice I can't always shut the last open tab... click the cross, but the page remains... open another (blank/quick launch) tab, then can shut the first ok.

Hi MichaelC362, it would be appreciated if you could provide a short video of the issues.Are you using the Windows 8 system? Would you mind updating the system to Windows 10?

21 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Was using ok, exit & upon reloading, was signed out...

After signing back in, was like a fresh install, so extensions auto reloaded & some settings lost, so had to re-setup.

Hi MichaelC362, you mean the browser account? Could you please send the log files to me? To find the log files, you could open the folder "User Data."

12 hours ago, Poizon said:

the same problems that I wrote about continue in version ...1400 and version ...1500

Hi Poizon, the dev team is working on optimizing the new tab page, and the issues will be fixed as soon as possible.😊

Just now, alexzhus said:

Are you serious? Do you offer a person to update the system due to errors in the browser?

Hi alexzhus, some issues reported by Michael are really hard to reproduce on my end, and Michael refused to provide the issue video many times, so I tried to suggest Michael update the system, really hope it can solve the issues. It would be appreciated if Michael would like to provide the issue video or accept our remote via AnyDesk.

21 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hi MichaelC362, please help to check whether the URLs are correct or not when selecting 1.1.1.2/1.1.1.3.😊

On 9/30/2022 at 10:58 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi alexzhus, some issues reported by Michael are really hard to reproduce on my end, and Michael refused to provide the issue video many times, so I tried to suggest Michael update the system, really hope it can solve the issues. It would be appreciated if Michael would like to provide the issue video or accept our remote via AnyDesk.

Hi MichaelC362, please help to check whether the URLs are correct or not when selecting 1.1.1.2/1.1.1.3.😊

Hello!

As I've said MANY times before, the videos you ask for would show exactly what I've already stated, so there's nothing to learn from them & therefore no point in sending them.  Also, as stated before, our server has customer data on so we cannot allow remote access, which again, would only show what I've already stated too!  I've worked with & serviced computers for a living for over 40 years, so have extensive knowledge of hardware & software &, like many here, recognize bugs when I see them!

The Secure DNS URLs are:

1.1.1.1=https://chrome.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query
1.1.1.2=https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/privacy/public-dns-resolver/
1.1.1.3=https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/privacy/public-dns-resolver/

So the last 2 both appear to be wrong as they're the same address & both feature 1.1.1.1, rather than 1.1.1.2 & 1.1.1.3.

They are also still giving the same error as before & still don't have descriptions saying what they filter (malware, adult sites, etc).

Lastly, no, I will NOT be upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10/11 yet as it still has nearly 4 month's of Microsoft support left, it'll take ages & I can't spare the time now.

Your request implies Maxthon isn't compatible with Windows 8.1... is that the case!?

On 10/1/2022 at 9:49 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

As I've said MANY times before, the videos you ask for would show exactly what I've already stated, so there's nothing to learn from them & therefore no point in sending them.  Also, as stated before, our server has customer data on so we cannot allow remote access, which again, would only show what I've already stated too!  I've worked with & serviced computers for a living for over 40 years, so have extensive knowledge of hardware & software &, like many here, recognize bugs when I see them!

The Secure DNS URLs are:

1.1.1.1=https://chrome.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query
1.1.1.2=https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/privacy/public-dns-resolver/
1.1.1.3=https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/privacy/public-dns-resolver/

So the last 2 both appear to be wrong as they're the same address & both feature 1.1.1.1, rather than 1.1.1.2 & 1.1.1.3.

They are also still giving the same error as before & still don't have descriptions saying what they filter (malware, adult sites, etc).

Lastly, no, I will NOT be upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10/11 yet as it still has nearly 4 month's of Microsoft support left, it'll take ages & I can't spare the time now.

Your request implies Maxthon isn't compatible with Windows 8.1... is that the case!?

Hi MichaelC362, thanks for providing the details. Usually we will try to reproduce any error or bugs reported by users so we could work hand in hand with the development team to solve it. As mentioned, we are unable to reproduce the issue you face and we did not see similar reports by other users; thus the request for videos which will help the team to debug the issue as quickly as possible. We really wish to help, so will you be open to debug it remotely?

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, thanks for providing the details. Usually we will try to reproduce any error or bugs reported by users so we could work hand in hand with the development team to solve it. As mentioned, we are unable to reproduce the issue you face and we did not see similar reports by other users; thus the request for videos which will help the team to debug the issue as quickly as possible. We really wish to help, so will you be open to debug it remotely?

Hello!

I'll record & send some videos, but there really is nothing to learn from them!

What about the secure DNS URLs, errors & the missing descriptions?

Officially, is Maxthon compatible with Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit?

I do notice, when CPU is at 100% Maxthon (which is the biggest CPU usage at the time) sometimes just gives up & ignores whatever it was asked to do (e.g. clicked download link)... I have a 4GHz dual core CPU (AMD A6-6420K, it's obviously not new, but good enough for a works PC, although it has zero level 3 cache), 16GB DDR3 1866MHz dual-channel RAM & a modern SATA SSD boot drive... could Maxthon somehow not be hardware compatible with the CPU!?  Could no level 3 cache cause the black screen (which was white is previous releases when it didn't work then too)?  This seems unlikely as LOADS of older CPUs have zero level 3 cache.  Although I've installed Maxthon many 1000's of times over the years on customer's computers, I didn't spend a huge amount of time just 'playing' with their computers - I just set it up & put some common quick launch shortcuts in (correcting the bad links you use).  It is only really my PC that gets a LOT of Maxthon use, so I see the errors.  We had almost zero issues with Maxthon 5... it just worked & many customers still use it, despite me telling them it was discontinued years ago & isn't compatible with a lot of newer websites... but, they're not complaining, so it must still be good enough for them!

Lastly, we have customer data on the server, so can not allow remote access.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:11 PM, MichaelC362 said:

I see you've still not fixed the Secure DNS settings for CloudFlare...

You should state, in the descriptions, the differences between 1.1.1.1, 1.1.1.2 & 1.1.1.3.

Hi MichaelC362, could you please try this issue in the attached test version?

10.10test.exe

22 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

DNS now doesn't give an error, but still doesn't have descriptions for what the differences are between them.

Also, once again, installation removed any default browser setting in Windows, but this time Maxthon prompted to set itself as default, which it didn't do & I had to manually select it in Windows settings.

More interestingly, even with Maxthon's DNS settings turned off, I can no longer access maxthon.com at all & Maxthon tells me your website is not private now!

image.png.044eedb619e5c20a51ef9a246d5e7a6c.png

Clicking "advanced" to carry on, just gets a 404 error & the forum isn't accessible either (https://forum.maxthon.com/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=browserlink2) & also just gets a 404 error, but there's a mistake in the tab as that says, "Error 404 (Not Found)!!1" (note the "1" at the end).

Once again, one step forward, two steps backward!

I'm here now via Opera browser, which did let me access Maxthon's website

On 10/13/2022 at 5:29 PM, MichaelC362 said:

DNS now doesn't give an error, but still doesn't have descriptions for what the differences are between them.

Also, once again, installation removed any default browser setting in Windows, but this time Maxthon prompted to set itself as default, which it didn't do & I had to manually select it in Windows settings.

More interestingly, even with Maxthon's DNS settings turned off, I can no longer access maxthon.com at all & Maxthon tells me your website is not private now!

image.png.044eedb619e5c20a51ef9a246d5e7a6c.png

Clicking "advanced" to carry on, just gets a 404 error & the forum isn't accessible either (https://forum.maxthon.com/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=browserlink2) & also just gets a 404 error, but there's a mistake in the tab as that says, "Error 404 (Not Found)!!1" (note the "1" at the end).

Once again, one step forward, two steps backward!

I'm here now via Opera browser, which did let me access Maxthon's website

Hi MichaelC362, please update to the latest version 6.2.0.2000 and try the DNS issue again. 

Download link: https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.2.0.2000/maxthon_6.2.0.2000_x64.exe

Archived