MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.1400

BugSir006

5 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Well, that's not a good sign...

Can't LOGIN to the browser...  Browser CRASHES on every attempt.  Non-login browsing seems to work.

Win 10, v1400, 64bit Install.

Just downloaded and don't seem to have that problem even after logging in several times. Windows 11 

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

15 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi leeuniverse, could you please send the crash report to me?

1. No Crashpad folder generates.

2. Once opening the browser again the folder generates, but attempting to Login through the browser and it also crashing, NO REPORTS are generated in the Report folder, it's entirely empty.
So, unless there's some other Log etc. you might want, can't provide it.

6 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

1. No Crashpad folder generates.

2. Once opening the browser again the folder generates, but attempting to Login through the browser and it also crashing, NO REPORTS are generated in the Report folder, it's entirely empty.
So, unless there's some other Log etc. you might want, can't provide it.

Hi leeuniverse, thank you for your reply. This issue has been fixed, and the dev team has re-uploaded the new installer. You could back up the folder "User Data," re-download the latest version, fresh install it, and copy and paste the folder "User Data" to the installation path.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi leeuniverse, thank you for your reply. This issue has been fixed, and the dev team has re-uploaded the new installer. You could back up the folder "User Data," re-download the latest version, fresh install it, and copy and paste the folder "User Data" to the installation path.

Issue has been fixed...  Thanks

Hello!

Still getting just a blank white page when accessing via a link, but, not always, so inconsistent.

The entire content is there though, just white foreground on white background as if I move the cursor around, I see it change as it passes over links.

Sometimes, if I click to the side of the page, the whole page is then shown ok.

Been happening for weeks now.

Obviously, download manager issues not fixed.

"Colour" still spelt "Color", despite being UK, not USA.

NEW BUGS....!  Never seen these before.  Win10, v1400.1, Install version.

They've been both occurring randomly tonight while browsing Amazon and YouTube having anywhere from 5-17 tabs or so open.
The bugs occur when you click something, when you're typing on the page, or just opening the page etc.

BTW, why are there over 30 Processes for Maxthon going when I only have like 17 Tabs open?  Do "Extensions" get their own processes now or something?

Crash Reports attached...!

maxthonerror.png

maxthonerror2.png

reports.zip

6 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

"Quick save images" don't seem to work in flickr.com anymore.

It was fine previously.

Worked for me by ctrl+left click

I'm using installed version on win10 pro

On 9/17/2022 at 4:37 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Still getting just a blank white page when accessing via a link, but, not always, so inconsistent.

The entire content is there though, just white foreground on white background as if I move the cursor around, I see it change as it passes over links.

Obviously, download manager issues not fixed.

"Colour" still spelt "Color", despite being UK, not USA.

Yes seen the white page when clicking a link but it disappeared after a few seconds by itself 

On 9/17/2022 at 9:37 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

10 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Yes seen the white page when clicking a link but it disappeared after a few seconds by itself 

Hi @MichaelC362, @Mhzayer, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it, could you please send a video of this issue to me?

22 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

NEW BUGS....!  Never seen these before.  Win10, v1400.1, Install version.

They've been both occurring randomly tonight while browsing Amazon and YouTube having anywhere from 5-17 tabs or so open.
The bugs occur when you click something, when you're typing on the page, or just opening the page etc.

BTW, why are there over 30 Processes for Maxthon going when I only have like 17 Tabs open?  Do "Extensions" get their own processes now or something?

Crash Reports attached...!

maxthonerror.png

maxthonerror2.png

reports.zip 4.92 MB · 0 downloads

21 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Crashed watching a YouTube video...  The second error above showing on the page.

reports2.zip 7.21 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you for your crash reports. Issue reported. 😊

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Cookie_Monster, please try to check whether the "Quick save images" is enabled or not.

Maxthon Snap20220919152706.png

Yes, it's enabled. I also use the function a lot so I'm very familiar with how it performs on certains sites I always visit.

Back to the flickr problem, if you can go to these 2 links:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jabitxu/52363712752/sizes/l/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jordi-sureda-plantalech/52365752658/sizes/l/

You will find that one of them allows download of the pic while the other one does not.

With the one allowing download, quick save works fine.

With the one NOT allowing download, quick save does not work.

Before you say, "oh that's cos the owner disabled downloads of theirs pics", note that quick save works previously REGARDLESS of whether the owner enabled OR disabled downloading. IINM it was working up to the previous version v6.2.0.1300.

Stangely though, I could right-click on the pic, select "inspect", and get the image url directly from DevTools but that would be too many clicks and too much trouble.

Appreciate if you could troubleshoot and fix this.

11 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

Before you say, "oh that's cos the owner disabled downloads of theirs pics", note that quick save works previously REGARDLESS of whether the owner enabled OR disabled downloading. IINM it was working up to the previous version v6.2.0.1300.

Hi Cookie_Monster, we tried the Quick Save function in V6.2.0.1300 based on the second link you have provided and it didn't work as well. We have tested on other photos by the same owner and same problem occurred. It could be most likely due to the owner's restrictions. Did you manage to use the quick save function in other versions for restricted photos like this?

16 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Cookie_Monster, we tried the Quick Save function in V6.2.0.1300 based on the second link you have provided and it didn't work as well. We have tested on other photos by the same owner and same problem occurred. It could be most likely due to the owner's restrictions. Did you manage to use the quick save function in other versions for restricted photos like this?

Yes, like I've mentioned in my initial post, quick save works in previous versions regardless of whether the owner enabled or disabled downloads on their pics.

I'm very sure because I use flickr a lot.

Perhaps you could load up a version of mx earlier than v6.2.0.1300 and try if it works?

If it still doesn't, then I can only conclude flickr changed something on their site to break the quick save function.

Also, I'm not sure if it matters but going in DevTools, I noticed the image source url begins with "live.staticflickr.com/..../xxx.jpg".

Might this different domain url affect the way quick save monitors and determines if a pic can be downloaded?

Perhaps you could load up a version of mx earlier than v6.2.0.1300 and try if it works?

Hi Cookie_Monster, we have tried both version 1100 and 1200 and it didn't work either.

If it still doesn't, then I can only conclude flickr changed something on their site to break the quick save function.

High likely yes. Due to their restrictions, our browser is not able to detect the picture as a picture thus quick save is not possible.

Might this different domain url affect the way quick save monitors and determines if a pic can be downloaded?

Under dev tools, I see the following message: "ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" so this is solely due to the restrictions by the website. If you wish to download, you could consider using resource sniffer to download the picture.

image.png

2 hours ago, Magdalene said:

It would be great to find some extension for working with bookmarks, like in the 5th version!

And then all hope is already lost that the developers will get to this!!!

On 9/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Cookie_Monster, we have tried both version 1100 and 1200 and it didn't work either.

High likely yes. Due to their restrictions, our browser is not able to detect the picture as a picture thus quick save is not possible.

Under dev tools, I see the following message: "ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" so this is solely due to the restrictions by the website. If you wish to download, you could consider using resource sniffer to download the picture.

image.png

OK, understood. Resource sniffer is a bit of a hit-n-miss. Oftentimes it doesn't detect the pic at the resolution which I want so it's not really reliable in that regard.

17 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Installed and confirm it works but not on the "Photo / All sizes" page but on the photo info page where you can zoom in/out on the photo.

Appreciate the recommendation.

2 hours ago, Alpha07 said:

Page Loading is remarkably slow compared to previous version.

Ya, it's likely worse but it's been massively bad with other versions for some time now as well.

This BUG is occurring on "Multi-Tab" Opening for me, for example 10 Tabs at once...  Some of the Tabs will literally STOP loading, page will "Timeout" etc.
I haven't noticed any issues with single tab loading on my system, but I'm NOT happy at all with the performance of multi-tab which NEVER used to do this in ANY of the modern browsers I used to use from Maxthon Classic, 360Chrome, etc.

2 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Ya, it's likely worse but it's been massively bad with other versions for some time now as well.

This BUG is occurring on "Multi-Tab" Opening for me, for example 10 Tabs at once...  Some of the Tabs will literally STOP loading, page will "Timeout" etc.
I haven't noticed any issues with single tab loading on my system, but I'm NOT happy at all with the performance of multi-tab which NEVER used to do this in ANY of the modern browsers I used to use from Maxthon Classic, 360Chrome, etc.

Hi leeuniverse @Alpha07, did you turn on bright vpn or other proxy?

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi leeuniverse @Alpha07, did you turn on bright vpn or other proxy?

Nah, this has actually been occurring for a long time with MX6, like over the last few months.  Of course, it may have been occurring all along, I'm not 100% sure, because I've only recently starting regularly opening lots of tabs at once after starting using Maxthon again, once I had most of my favorites put all together into Maxthon.

So, essentially what happens is when I say open 10 tabs or so, a few won't actually open, they will "timeout", have to reload them (or actually also when I go to the tab the page will THEN load), and also the tabs will be slow to load.  It doesn't necessarily happen "every" time I think, the but majority of the time.

3 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Nah, this has actually been occurring for a long time with MX6, like over the last few months.  Of course, it may have been occurring all along, I'm not 100% sure, because I've only recently starting regularly opening lots of tabs at once after starting using Maxthon again, once I had most of my favorites put all together into Maxthon.

So, essentially what happens is when I say open 10 tabs or so, a few won't actually open, they will "timeout", have to reload them (or actually also when I go to the tab the page will THEN load), and also the tabs will be slow to load.  It doesn't necessarily happen "every" time I think, the but majority of the time.

Hi leeuniverse, could you try to reproduce the issue and record a video for us? It'd be good if we could forward your video to let the developers check and look into it.

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi leeuniverse, could you try to reproduce the issue and record a video for us? It'd be good if we could forward your video to let the developers check and look into it.

It seems entirely random, and because of that I would only be able to show the end result, and like I mentioned, often when this happens, just going to the tab THEN causes the page to load when it wouldn't load or showed as timed out when I first go to it.

I know it's not really helpful, but if there's anything I can do, I will.  I'll try to record a video if I see it occur, just so you can see it.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:16 AM, BugSir009 said:

BTW, I have noticed that Maxthon is massively SLOW in loading Tabs when loading MANY Tabs at once.
Never seen a Maxthon be that slow back during Maxthon Classic, though maybe 4 and 5 were?  I never did use those browsers partially because of that they seemed like a Resource Hog to me.

Also, I had switched to using 360Chrome when Maxthon Classic died, no longer working well.  And it's Tabs always were FAST.
So, they have been using Chromium also all this time, so I don't know what they are doing different to be faster.

Maxthon Dev's need to look into that...  I know it's likely Chromium, one reason why I never used Chrome cause it was also a Resource Hog and would often crash in the past, but again, somehow 360Chrome never had crashing issue, nor "slow" opening Tab issues.  Has always been super fast?

13 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

BTW, I have noticed that Maxthon is massively SLOW in loading Tabs when loading MANY Tabs at once.
Never seen a Maxthon be that slow back during Maxthon Classic, though maybe 4 and 5 were?  I never did use those browsers partially because of that they seemed like a Resource Hog to me.

Also, I had switched to using 360Chrome when Maxthon Classic died, no longer working well.  And it's Tabs always were FAST.
So, they have been using Chromium also all this time, so I don't know what they are doing different to be faster.

Maxthon Dev's need to look into that...  I know it's likely Chromium, one reason why I never used Chrome cause it was also a Resource Hog and would often crash in the past, but again, somehow 360Chrome never had crashing issue, nor "slow" opening Tab issues.  Has always been super fast?

Hi leeuniverse, the development team is looking into updating Chromium to the latest version. That being said, it'd be good if you could send us the video so the team could look into it (slow in loading/timeout) and try to find the root of the problem.

Archived