×

Give a tip

MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.909


BugSir006

Recommended Posts

Finally sort bookmarks by date added and date created!!!

You add and fix any Nonsense, not Important things!

Very, Very sorry, but this is not a workable product!!!

Developers seem to pay attention to all sorts of nonsense, not important things.

There was a very amazing product that turned into god knows what!!!

Why the f... are you doing all sorts of unnecessary extras if you can't do the basics?!

You add unnecessary functions to anyone like Vbox, vpn, but no one adds important ones!

The level of development of the project is at zero! I'm going to go use a F-fox that flies like a bird, rather than wait another 5 years to fix elementary functions that were in the 5th version

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UserMx5 said:

Finally sort bookmarks by date added and date created!!!

You add and fix any Nonsense, not Important things!

:) for me bookmark sorting isn't important at all. I don't use bookmarks. :) 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Downloaded quick enough, install as slow as ever for v6 (Maxthon 5 used to install in under 2 seconds!) & you might want to rethink the tag line about giving you wings as I'm sure Red Bull will have something to say about that!

However, still, it removes any default web browser from Windows (8.1 Professional 64bit) settings & prompts when first loads, but does NOT make the change so I have to manually go into Windows settings to set Maxthon as default.

Bright VPN, for me, wouldn't connect, so I removed the extension & uninstalled the program, but, every time I load Maxthon, it's added itself back in & requests to be allowed, which I block, remove & once again remove the extension, which just comes back next time... sounding very like a virus rather than a security product!

The Maxthon Classic theme is still stuffed with missing top right min/max/close icons missing.

The other built-in themes are also iffy when clicking system/light/dark & theme as sometimes the icons are displayed & sometimes not. For now, I've installed a third party theme & that's working fine.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, alexzhus said:

new version and previous ones too

Hi alexzhus, lately our new versions are uploaded to an external website github.com for downloading; thus downloading speed should not be affected. Could you try to disable all extensions and download again?

8 hours ago, TarMaster said:

HBO Max does not work in this version as well. 😪

Hi TarMaster, the developers are looking into fixing this issue right now. They will try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi alexzhus, lately our new versions are uploaded to an external website github.com for downloading; thus downloading speed should not be affected. Could you try to disable all extensions and download again?

Hi! Today it loads very quickly, with both extensions enabled and disabled. Maybe yesterday a lot of people were pumping, so the speed was less ..

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Bright VPN, for me, wouldn't connect, so I removed the extension & uninstalled the program, but, every time I load Maxthon, it's added itself back in & requests to be allowed, which I block, remove & once again remove the extension, which just comes back next time... sounding very like a virus rather than a security product!

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

The other built-in themes are also iffy when clicking system/light/dark & theme as sometimes the icons are displayed & sometimes not.

Could you please provide a short video of these issues? We tried to test the issues but haven't reproduced them.

17 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

The Maxthon Classic theme is still stuffed with missing top right min/max/close icons missing.

Could you please provide a screenshot of this issue?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you please provide a short video of these issues? We tried to test the issues but haven't reproduced them.

Could you please provide a screenshot of this issue?

All is as I say, so the video or screen shot isn't going to provide any further information.

The themes have been screwed for the last few versions.

Interestingly, today, when I loaded Maxthon, Bright VPN didn't try to add itself back in (although I did report it, multiple times, so maybe a factor)

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cherey said:

Since I installed version 900, Maxthon no longer opens websites from files with a url extension. It does it as if it were a txt file.

You have to fight a bit by removing it from the default browser, putting Edge (for example) and then putting Maxthon back.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, nogain said:

You have to fight a bit by removing it from the default browser, putting Edge (for example) and then putting Maxthon back.

It does not work for me.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2022 at 10:01 AM, observer said:

:) for me bookmark sorting isn't important at all. I don't use bookmarks. :) 

Using a browser Without bookmarks... is like reading a book Without pages!!!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, UserMx5 said:

Using a browser Without bookmarks... is like reading a book Without pages!!!

All pages I need every day are in last session. A few more addresses I remember, all else Google knows. Bookmarks I use only for backup purpose.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you please try this issue in the attached test version?

8.19test.exe 97.14 MB · 1 download

This version does the same. It does not work. It shows "file:///...."

Also, "non-secure" websites (http://) cannot be opened by Maxthon. I have many bookmarks pointing to websites that force me to open them from another browser. Could this situation be corrected?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, observer said:

All pages I need every day are in last session. A few more addresses I remember, all else Google knows. Bookmarks I use only for backup purpose.

In my honor opinion, for light internet serfing it is OK, however for work it is not enough, when you need work many number links. In this case bookmarks which good catgorized are very helpfull.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mxuser said:

In my honor opinion, for light internet serfing it is OK, however for work it is not enough, when you need work many number links.

Usually I take these links from Google search. Or from that sites already opened.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, cherey said:

Also, "non-secure" websites (http://) cannot be opened by Maxthon. I have many bookmarks pointing to websites that force me to open them from another browser. Could this situation be corrected?

Could you please provide the specific URLs for testing?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, observer said:

Usually I take these links from Google search. Or from that sites already opened.

This is relevant when internal private company resources are used for work, which for security reasons are prohibited from sharing and searching on Google.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you please provide the specific URLs for testing?

Example of web with http: www.culturaencadena.com

And If I write "maxthon" and press CONTROL+ENTER, the website does not open.

If I write "maxthon.com" and press ENTER, the website does not open.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cherey said:

Example of web with http: www.culturaencadena.com

And If I write "maxthon" and press CONTROL+ENTER, the website does not open.

If I write "maxthon.com" and press ENTER, the website does not open.

Hello Cherey
I tried your method for openning the urls 
file:///F:/temp/aimp.url
no Chrome browser could open it 

only firefox and IE opened the link

For maxthon.com and maxthon with ctrl+Enter
both worked for me 

for http://www.culturaencadena.com/
it opened with no problems

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cherey said:

Example of web with http: www.culturaencadena.com

And If I write "maxthon" and press CONTROL+ENTER, the website does not open.

If I write "maxthon.com" and press ENTER, the website does not open.

Hi cherey, do you mean http://www.culturaencadena.com/

Did you enter maxthon.com on the address bar?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi!

I have managed to get files with a .URL extension to work correctly. From Windows Explorer, right click on the URL file and choose the default browser option. That's all. Since Maxthon is my default browser, it now opens without problem. I deduce that version 6.2.0.900 had some influence because version 6.2.0.800 works perfectly (in other PC) with Windows 7 and Windows 10, while version 900 (and also internals 906 and 909) display the text content of the URL file.

The biggest problem is that if you reinstall any version prior to 6.2.0.900, the URL file doesn't run correctly anymore.

I have looked at the contents of the windows registry and it has changed to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.url

Its exported content (in text mode) is as follows:

--------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.url]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.url\OpenWithList]
"a"="ieframe.dll"
"MRUList"="a"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.url\OpenWithProgids]
"Max6UrlFile"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.url\UserChoice]
"Progid"="IE.AssocFile.URL"

--------------------
 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.