×

Give a tip

Unable to access passkeeper on uu.me


Recommended Posts

I've tried using version 6.1.3.3000, 6.2.600.0, some versions of maxthon 5, maxthon 5 and 6 portable, my phone (android) and a different computer with maxthon 5.  

I'm not sure if this is a known issue that simply hasn't been fixed or if there is some way in.  

In every case I've had the same problem, I log into uu.me (sometimes it takes a few tries) and can access Maxnote and UUMail.  When I click on passkeeper I get a screen asking for me to enter my Maxthon Account Password, when I do so I get a success! message, but am looped back to the same page asking for maxthon account password again.

I lost my passwords a few days ago due to unexpected computer shutdown (lost electricity) and would really like to restore a backup.  However, I cannot do so without accessing passkeeper on uu.me.  I don't want the 30 day window to pass when backups are deleted and I lose my passwords simply because passkeeper on uu.me does not work.  

  

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya, UU.me generally does the same thing for me with PW's...

It will say "Success" then I keep having to try to login and getting the same message over and over again.
Generally after a few times it will let me in, but there have been a couple of times in which I just couldn't get in.

So, ya, their system is indeed buggy.  I think part of it might be they have problems with "hackers" trying to get in, so they do things to try and stop it, and so those things can interfere in our experience also.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Ya, UU.me generally does the same thing for me with PW's...

It will say "Success" then I keep having to try to login and getting the same message over and over again.
Generally after a few times it will let me in, but there have been a couple of times in which I just couldn't get in.

So, ya, their system is indeed buggy.  I think part of it might be they have problems with "hackers" trying to get in, so they do things to try and stop it, and so those things can interfere in our experience also.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have no problem at all accessing passkeeper via the new tab and then clicking on Passkeeper. Am I not understanding your problem? Please clarify for me and thank you.

 

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Ya, UU.me generally does the same thing for me with PW's...

It will say "Success" then I keep having to try to login and getting the same message over and over again.
Generally after a few times it will let me in, but there have been a couple of times in which I just couldn't get in.

So, ya, their system is indeed buggy.  I think part of it might be they have problems with "hackers" trying to get in, so they do things to try and stop it, and so those things can interfere in our experience also.

This gave me the support to just keep trying and hope to eventually get in.  Since I lost my passwords I tried approximately 50 times to get into passkeeper.  Last night I finally got in (on only the third try of the evening too) and was able to access my backup passwords!

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 8:41 AM, firehawkv said:

I've tried using version 6.1.3.3000, 6.2.600.0, some versions of maxthon 5, maxthon 5 and 6 portable, my phone (android) and a different computer with maxthon 5.  

I'm not sure if this is a known issue that simply hasn't been fixed or if there is some way in.  

In every case I've had the same problem, I log into uu.me (sometimes it takes a few tries) and can access Maxnote and UUMail.  When I click on passkeeper I get a screen asking for me to enter my Maxthon Account Password, when I do so I get a success! message, but am looped back to the same page asking for maxthon account password again.

I lost my passwords a few days ago due to unexpected computer shutdown (lost electricity) and would really like to restore a backup.  However, I cannot do so without accessing passkeeper on uu.me.  I don't want the 30 day window to pass when backups are deleted and I lose my passwords simply because passkeeper on uu.me does not work.  

  

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

I had to wait about 10 seconds, but the page finally loaded after I got the same "success" message.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, firehawkv said:

This gave me the support to just keep trying and hope to eventually get in.  Since I lost my passwords I tried approximately 50 times to get into passkeeper.  Last night I finally got in (on only the third try of the evening too) and was able to access my backup passwords!

Ya, last night I tried and was able to get in on the first try even, which almost never happens...

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also have problems logging in to uu.me, although I am trying to access UUMail through uu.me (using MX6 browser).

Now, when I go to uu.me in MX6 there is a hyperlink to "Log in with the current account." That would be great if it worked.

It doesn't work for me at all, ever. Absolutely nothing happens.

 

Can this be fixed?

 

By the way, why am I using uu.me? Because Maxthon developers removed the direct link to UUMail from the New Tab Page.

 

image.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share