MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.900

BugSir006

Hello!

Downloaded ok for me & installed ok, but, again, despite set as default being ticked during installation, afterwards, Maxthon prompts to set as default, but has actually removed itself (and any others) from Windows' default browser setting.

(using Windows 8.1 Professional, 64bit, up-to-date)

When first loading, just get black background with no content... refresh doesn't help, but open a new tab for Quick Launch & that displays ok.

In Maxthon Classis theme, the minimize, maximize & close icons are missing from the top right (present in light & dark themes)

Ya, you all really should have provided an "Article" link explaining the New VPN service.

- Is it a Plugin
- How it works
- Do we "select" when and how it connects?

etc.

Supposedly they "use your internet connection" and only collect data related to "common websites".
They don't say "how" they do this, or what it means to "use our connection", etc.
According to them they don't "see or touch our personal data".
Also, they make sure we are "good boys and girls" who are using their service, we are first using the service on trial, or they ban us from usage.

So, I'm really not sure what we have here...?

4 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

Question: my Maxthon AppData have 7 GB data. Is this normal?

Hi, I think so, but it depends on how long you have Maxthon installed.
My is 3,2 GB but, I clean the bottom folders every when a new version comes out without any problem....
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Profile 1\IndexedDB
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Profile 1\Cache
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Crashpad\reports

Win 10 Ent / Maxthon Portable last version

Currently it’s  installed as a separate module by the installer.

Thanks Jeff,

I understand that for the exe version but I can't give consent for the portable. I just unzip it.

Does this mean that if I give consent for the VPN to run during the installation that the VPN is constantly on and that I have no way of switching it off.

16 hours ago, migel said:

Hi, I think so, but it depends on how long you have Maxthon installed.
My is 3,2 GB but, I clean the bottom folders every when a new version comes out without any problem....
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Profile 1\IndexedDB
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Profile 1\Cache
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Crashpad\reports

Win 10 Ent / Maxthon Portable last version

Thanks for the idea. My IndexedDB folder had about 3.5 GB. 😉

1) Download manager

Please add the ability to manually resize the window in which you can see the downloaded files (Download manager)

Now this is not possible. In Maxton 5, this window could be resized.

The ability to resize the window is necessary. Sometimes the file names are very long, and for the convenience of using the browser, the user needs to decide for himself what size of the donload manager window he needs.

----

Пожалуйста, добавьте возможность самостоятельно изменить размер окна в котором видно скачанные файлы (Download manager)

Сейчас это не возможно. В макстон 5 размер этого окна можно было изменять. 

Возможность изменения размера окна необходима. Иногда названия файлов очень длинные, и для удобства пользования браузером пользователю необходимо самому решать какой размер окна donload manager ему нужен. 

2022-08-06_230350.jpg

2022-03-10_012836.jpg

Add an option in the settings to make the quick launch bar look the same as in maxthon5. For those who care about it, it will be turned on.

Добавьте опцию в настройках чтобы панель быстрого запуска выглядела так же как в maxthon5. Тем кому это важно - ее включат.

2) Express panel (Quick Access)

Add an option in the settings to make the quick launch bar look the same as in maxthon5. For those who care about it, it will be turned on.

Добавьте опцию в настройках чтобы панель быстрого запуска выглядела так же как в maxthon5. Тем кому это важно - ее включат.

01.jpg

3) Google Button @ Controls Window Buttons

a) Make it possible to remove (disable) the display of the Google icon.

b) Return the window control buttons to their place

2022-08-15_093017.jpg

2022-08-15_092705.jpg

1 hour ago, Adminspb said:

3) Google Button @ Controls Window Buttons

2022-08-15_093017.jpg

2022-08-15_092705.jpg

1. I still don't know what you're asking for with the "Quick Access" Page...?  We have the Icons you can set what websites they go to with our current Quick Access page, aka Start Page.
Unless you're asking for "smaller" icons?  That's the only real difference?

2. I don't know what's wrong with your browser, but my Top Bar in MX6 has ALWAYS looked like the above MX5 one.
I have never seen what your MX6 top bar looks like.

3. I also don't have a "Google" Icon...  I do have a YOUTUBE Icon when I'm on YouTube, dorks want us to install the YouTube App so we don't bypass their Ads... LOL

UPDATE...  Just went to google.com and I DO have a Google Icon also, but ONLY when on that website (so far anyway).
So, clearly both the YouTube and Google Icons are simply Google trying to get us to use THEIR services more.
Clicking the Google Icon will open a side panel for Google Search...

You DO know Google are the developers of Chromium, the browser MX6 is based on?  So, they are just trying to get more money from their project with the above two icons, YouTube and Google search Icons in the same spot when you're on YouTube and Google.com.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:19 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Downloaded ok for me & installed ok, but, again, despite set as default being ticked during installation, afterwards, Maxthon prompts to set as default, but has actually removed itself (and any others) from Windows' default browser setting.

(using Windows 8.1 Professional, 64bit, up-to-date)

When first loading, just get black background with no content... refresh doesn't help, but open a new tab for Quick Launch & that displays ok.

In Maxthon Classis theme, the minimize, maximize & close icons are missing from the top right (present in light & dark themes)

Hi MichaelC362, could you please provide a short video of these issues?

On 8/13/2022 at 12:02 AM, leeuniverse said:

Ya, you all really should have provided an "Article" link explaining the New VPN service.

- Is it a Plugin
- How it works
- Do we "select" when and how it connects?

etc.

Supposedly they "use your internet connection" and only collect data related to "common websites".
They don't say "how" they do this, or what it means to "use our connection", etc.
According to them they don't "see or touch our personal data".
Also, they make sure we are "good boys and girls" who are using their service, we are first using the service on trial, or they ban us from usage.

So, I'm really not sure what we have here...?

https://brightvpn.com/

On 8/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, 30312516 said:

where is VPN setting?

Maxthon Snap20220815175523.png

19 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Thanks Jeff,

I understand that for the exe version but I can't give consent for the portable. I just unzip it.

Does this mean that if I give consent for the VPN to run during the installation that the VPN is constantly on and that I have no way of switching it off.

It can be disabled. You could use the attached VPN file.

bright_306_871_0.crx

3 hours ago, Adminspb said:

Please add the ability to manually resize the window in which you can see the downloaded files (Download manager)

Now this is not possible. In Maxton 5, this window could be resized.

The ability to resize the window is necessary. Sometimes the file names are very long, and for the convenience of using the browser, the user needs to decide for himself what size of the donload manager window he needs.

Reuqest recorded. If the file name is long, you could use mouse to hover on it or open mx://downloads to view it.

Request recorded.

Could you please provide a short video of these issues? Are you using the Windows 10?

Version 6.2.0.900 has caused me again the typical problem that Maxthon disappears and does so at any time, unexpectedly, although it does not stay anchored in the Task Manager, which was what happened to me with the versions 6.1.x.x. Therefore, I had to reinstall version 6.2.0.800.

On 8/14/2022 at 11:04 PM, Magdalene said:

Thanks Jeff,

You can always turn it on/off on the fly.  You can even uninstall it if you don't like it.

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

15 hours ago, cherey said:

Version 6.2.0.900 has caused me again the typical problem that Maxthon disappears and does so at any time, unexpectedly, although it does not stay anchored in the Task Manager, which was what happened to me with the versions 6.1.x.x. Therefore, I had to reinstall version 6.2.0.800.

Hi cherey, could you please send the crash report to me?

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25031-how-to-get-your-crash-data-of-maxthon-6/

18 hours ago, cherey said:

Hi cherey, this issue has been fixed in our internal test version, would you like to have a try?

8.16test.exe

On 8/15/2022 at 2:24 AM, BugSir006 said:

LOL...  We know that much.

- But you don't state HOW it works in Maxthon.
- You don't state the clear and simple facts, BEYOND the corporate gobbledygook the website tells us about the service, like specifically what certain things mean, such as I mentioned, what "using our internet" means, etc.

Basically, what the heck is this service?

Guess I'm going to have to search for YouTube videos which clear things up, which is something you likely should have shared since you don't want to take the time explaining anything.  Just saying, you add a major service, and just leave us hanging.

15 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Thanks Jeff. How do I do that in the Portable version? I can't find a control setting or an (un)installation option anywhere. Thanks in advance

Hi Magdalene, if you use the installation version, you can find the Bright VPN in the system app list; it can be uninstalled from the system.

If you use the portable version, you could drag the crx file to MX6, then add this extension to MX6, and it can be removed from the Extensions.

bright vpn.jpgremove.jpgsystem app.png

bright_306_871_0.crx

Archived