MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.600

BugSir006

5 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

This is to report that with 6.2.0.600 I've apparently lost (again!) all my custom search engine definitions ? With 6.2.0.505 it was not possible to edit the list of search engines but they worked correctly, with 6.2.0.600 they're simply all gone. Is there a simple way for me to back up this particular setting for later use so I could quickly restore it in case of accident like this? Thanks in advance.

Could you please describe the operating steps that caused this issue? Please send the log files to me.

Dingtalk_20220726192608.jpg

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi observer, did you enable any extensions? Please try to disable the extensions then try this issue again. 

Sorry to disturb you. There is smth on my side I can't figure out.

It works ok on my office computer with all extensions enabled, worked once @home with all extensions disabled, and never more.

(I disabled them and restarted Maxthon.)

Therefore I posted it as 'FYIO', because it can be and can be not.

On 7/23/2022 at 6:47 AM, leeuniverse said:

So, when you "Uncheck" Delete Data on Uninstall, isn't the History etc. supposed to be retained?

At least several versions now it doesn't retain browser history?

On 7/25/2022 at 2:37 AM, BugSir006 said:

Bug reported. ?

BTW BugSir...  Be sure to check if "other" DATA is also not being "retained".
I don't know all the nuances of what DATA should be being retained, "History" is just what I've noticed and have cared about atm.

12 hours ago, hfa said:

After upgrading from beta 505 last visit page list now always opened empty (and "earlier session" too).

Probably there is some upgrade imperfection. How to reslove this?

Hi hfa, we tried but are not able to reproduce this issue on our end. Could you send us a video on this so we could look into it?

Hello!

Another new download manager bug... now, it's missing some items that were downloaded!

In this case, 2 programs, which I confirmed had been downloaded to their respective folders, but the download manager list doesn't show them!

Oddly, it shows items before these & items after these, but not these!

On 7/26/2022 at 1:26 PM, BugSir006 said:

Could you please describe the operating steps that caused this issue?

Hello @BugSir006, thank you for coming back to me. I don't think there was anything special in terms of the "operating steps".

I've been using Maxthon6 under my Maxthon account on multiple computers. Two of them I used recently were on 6.2.0.505 running without any problem. Upon release of 6.2.0.600 I installed  this version on my work notebook (installed 600 over 505), were using it for several hours and didn't notice any problem. Later that day I launched my home PC running 6.2.0.505, worked on it for several hours and again did not notice any misbehavior. It was only the next day when I started my work notebook w/ 6.2.0.600 again when I immediately noticed all my custom search engine definitions were missing.

I don't feel like providing the logs since they apparently contain some internal company data, but I have just noticed the .505 version was automatically installed into c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\6.2.0.505 whereas the .600 into c:\Users\tdoule\AppData\Local\Maxthon\6.2.0.600. I would expect both versions should follow the same installation path logic. Right? Could this be the reason for the user data mismatch?

9 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi hfa, we tried but are not able to reproduce this issue on our end. Could you send us a video on this so we could look into it?

video

Probably it is result of sequential updaet betas 500 -> 505 -> 600

Hope there is a way to resolve it in place (may be some files or attributes should be fixed)

Hello!

Downloading a BIOS update file from hp.com for a customer...

Page where checking available downloads, in Chromium mode wouldn't finish displaying (left it for ages).

Change to IE mode & page ok.

Download file, but in IE mode NOT using download manager, using IE download box & download stopped at 99% & wouldn't complete.

Cancelled download & hung Maxthon.

Close Maxthon & upon reopening, lost all open tabs & back to i.maxask.com.

Tried again, but the same for IE mode, so left on screen & switched to Chromium mode & Maxthon download manager displayed & downloaded file ok.

Cancelled IE download & again hung Maxthon, exit, reload & back to i.maxask.com.

Download via download manager is ok, but IE never completed, so never wrote the file.

17 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Hello @BugSir006, thank you for coming back to me. I don't think there was anything special in terms of the "operating steps".

I've been using Maxthon6 under my Maxthon account on multiple computers. Two of them I used recently were on 6.2.0.505 running without any problem. Upon release of 6.2.0.600 I installed  this version on my work notebook (installed 600 over 505), were using it for several hours and didn't notice any problem. Later that day I launched my home PC running 6.2.0.505, worked on it for several hours and again did not notice any misbehavior. It was only the next day when I started my work notebook w/ 6.2.0.600 again when I immediately noticed all my custom search engine definitions were missing.

I don't feel like providing the logs since they apparently contain some internal company data, but I have just noticed the .505 version was automatically installed into c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\6.2.0.505 whereas the .600 into c:\Users\tdoule\AppData\Local\Maxthon\6.2.0.600. I would expect both versions should follow the same installation path logic. Right? Could this be the reason for the user data mismatch?

Thank you for your reply. This issue has been reported to the dev team as a bug. ?

21 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Another new download manager bug... now, it's missing some items that were downloaded!

In this case, 2 programs, which I confirmed had been downloaded to their respective folders, but the download manager list doesn't show them!

Oddly, it shows items before these & items after these, but not these!

Hi MichaelC362, could you please provide a short video of this issue? 

16 hours ago, hfa said:

video

Probably it is result of sequential updaet betas 500 -> 505 -> 600

Hope there is a way to resolve it in place (may be some files or attributes should be fixed)

Hi hfa, please try to disable the extenions, then try this issue again. 

15 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Downloading a BIOS update file from hp.com for a customer...

Page where checking available downloads, in Chromium mode wouldn't finish displaying (left it for ages).

Change to IE mode & page ok.

Download file, but in IE mode NOT using download manager, using IE download box & download stopped at 99% & wouldn't complete.

Cancelled download & hung Maxthon.

Close Maxthon & upon reopening, lost all open tabs & back to i.maxask.com.

Tried again, but the same for IE mode, so left on screen & switched to Chromium mode & Maxthon download manager displayed & downloaded file ok.

Cancelled IE download & again hung Maxthon, exit, reload & back to i.maxask.com.

Download via download manager is ok, but IE never completed, so never wrote the file.

Could you please provide the specific download link for testing?

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you please provide a short video of this issue? 

Hello!

A video will only show what I said... today, the first 6 items I downloaded weren't in the list when I checked... however, I had already downloaded at least 10 more before I checked the list, so can't say if they were in the list & disappeared, or didn't get recorded at all. But, they were downloaded ok!

34 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

A video will only show what I said... today, the first 6 items I downloaded weren't in the list when I checked... however, I had already downloaded at least 10 more before I checked the list, so can't say if they were in the list & disappeared, or didn't get recorded at all. But, they were downloaded ok!

Bug reported. 

17 hours ago, hfa said:

Will try to uninstall MX, clear all leftovers from file system and install again

it does not helps.

Returning to version 6.1.3.340 resolves this issue. Will wait for next beta.

7 minutes ago, hfa said:

it does not helps.

Returning to version 6.1.3.340 resolves this issue. Will wait for next beta.

Could you please try this issue in the clean portable version and provide a complete video? How many tabs opened before the browser close?

https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.2.0.600/maxthon_portable_6.2.0.600_beta_x64.zip

On 7/29/2022 at 11:49 AM, BugSir006 said:

Could you please try this issue in the clean portable version and provide a complete video? How many tabs opened before the browser close?

https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.2.0.600/maxthon_portable_6.2.0.600_beta_x64.zip

I tried it with both mx.700 and your clean portable mx .600
with the portable all history gone

clean portable mx .600 history glitch.png

clean portable mx .700 history glitch.png

On 7/26/2022 at 2:23 PM, phoenix-76 said:

This is to report that with 6.2.0.600 I've apparently lost (again!) all my custom search engine definitions ? With 6.2.0.505 it was not possible to edit the list of search engines but they worked correctly, with 6.2.0.600 they're simply all gone. Is there a simple way for me to back up this particular setting for later use so I could quickly restore it in case of accident like this? Thanks in advance.

Hi phoenix-76, this issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.2.0.800, could you please try to update it? 

22 hours ago, BugSir006 said:
On 7/26/2022 at 8:23 AM, phoenix-76 said:

Hi phoenix-76, this issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.2.0.800, could you please try to update it? 

Hi @BugSir006, yes, I can confirm that the custom search engine definitions now propagate between multiple machines correctly. Still, could you please advise if there is some simple way for a user to locally backup this particular setting? For instance by creating a copy of some config file one could use in case of cloud sync accident?

4 minutes ago, phoenix-76 said:

Hi @BugSir006, yes, I can confirm that the custom search engine definitions now propagate between multiple machines correctly. Still, could you please advise if there is some simple way for a user to locally backup this particular setting? For instance by creating a copy of some config file one could use in case of cloud sync accident?

Hi phoenix-76, the Settings data saved in the file "Preferences" under the account folder.

settings.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, observer said:

Sorry to disturb you. There is smth on my side I can't figure out.

It works ok on my office computer with all extensions enabled, worked once @home with all extensions disabled, and never more.

(I disabled them and restarted Maxthon.)

Therefore I posted it as 'FYIO', because it can be and can be not.

Everything is ok in Mx 6.2.0.1000(64-bit)0819

Archived