MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.505

BugSir006

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried reinstalling 6.2.500 x64 exe again several times with antivirus (Panda Dome) enabled and disabled. Installer goes to 25% then stops. Gives this (see photo 1) MX 6 will not open. 

I reninstalled 6.1.3.4000. It works fine.

Then tried installing new version 6.2.0.505 with antivirus (Panda Dome) enabled and disabled. Installer completes 100% (asks if I want to reopen browser) but doesn't (re)open. Installation gives me this (photo 2).

Have gone back to 6.1.3.4000

MaxthonSnap20220714152144.png

MaxthonSnap20220715190213.png

2 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Click on the 3 horizontal lines in top right hand corner. Slide down to "Help" then "About Maxthon".

Thank you Magdalena!

Sorry if I expressed myself wrong. What I would like to know is the base version of Chromium that Maxthon uses.

According to the page https://chromiumdash.appspot.com/releases?platform=Windows the latest stable version is 103.0.5060.114 (100%) Jul 4 2022.

3 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

Thanks for fixing the video floatbar but now clicking the fullscreen button on the popup player does not hide the windows taskbar so it's not in effect "fullscreen".

I confirm. But on the other hand, you can expand to full screen from the original window. :)

Maxthon still keeps showing a blank window on first start after system boot. On the home page, only descriptions of the links under the cursor are visible. For the home page to work normally, you need to open another tab through +.

With the new kernel, new problems appeared. Оn some sites, now entering text into any form to fill out is regarded by the passkeeper as a password change. And every time he offers to save it. It's already annoying.

Windows 7 x64, Mx 6.2.0.505 portable

portable 6.2.0.500 and 6.2.0.505 won't open using my `/User Data` I can see the maxthon icon the the taskbar notification but the main window never appears and after a couple of seconds, the icon disappears from the taskbar notification and the process is closed.
Maxthon 6.2.0.500/505 portable only launch when I unzip the files in a new folder (and it generates a new profile).

Previously jumping from 6.1.3.2800 to 6.1.3.3000 to 6.1.3.3400 was working fine using the same `/user data` folder (every bookmarks, setting, extensions and extensions settings transferred flawlessly until now). 

maybe related to the issues described by @thereddevilrulez and @Magdalene above ?

UPDATE:
- it seems starting from 6.2.0.500, the expected profile is `Profile 1` insteal of `Default` . is this intentional ?

- I managed to make it boot by copying the contents of `/user data/defaut` into the installed folder of 6.2.0.505 `/user data/Profile 1`. interestingly, just renaming my old `Default` to `Profile 1` didn't work

- I believe this is a bug and the default profile-directory should be set to `Default` rather than `Profile 1`?

On 7/16/2022 at 12:34 AM, saman_rm said:

account sync faild (sync passkeeper faild)

Hi saman_rm, please click the sync button to try syncing manually.

Maxthon Snap20220718105720.png

On 7/16/2022 at 12:34 AM, saman_rm said:

Secure DND not work (close MX immediately) 

It will be fixed in the next version. ?

All the search engines are messed up too. Added google cse and other custom search engines. This version seems to have broke a lot of stuff.

--------------------------------------------

Edit: Can't seem to add search engines too. The "Add Search Engine" box will pop up and after filling in all the info and clicking "OK", it will say "Settings Saved" but nothing will appear in the search engine list.

On 7/16/2022 at 3:14 AM, observer said:

I have no issues with sync and installation. Nevertheless... I have option "Show the tab close button" disabled. But if I hover my mouse over any tab, the 'x' mark appears.

This known bug will be fixed as soon as possible. ?

On 7/16/2022 at 2:18 AM, Magdalene said:

Tried reinstalling 6.2.500 x64 exe again several times with antivirus (Panda Dome) enabled and disabled. Installer goes to 25% then stops. Gives this (see photo 1) MX 6 will not open. 

I reninstalled 6.1.3.4000. It works fine.

Then tried installing new version 6.2.0.505 with antivirus (Panda Dome) enabled and disabled. Installer completes 100% (asks if I want to reopen browser) but doesn't (re)open. Installation gives me this (photo 2).

Have gone back to 6.1.3.4000

MaxthonSnap20220714152144.png

MaxthonSnap20220715190213.png

Hi Magdalene, could we check this issue remotely via AnyDesk? 

AnyDesk.exe

On 7/16/2022 at 3:49 AM, Ben.L.Salomon said:

And there is also new bug. The Highlighting under audio icon on any card won't disappear. Just one click and it stays there.

Audio bug.png

Hi Ben.L.Salomon, could you please provide a short video of this issue? To record the video, you can use Bandicam

On 7/16/2022 at 6:55 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

Maxthon fails to load, using portable 6.2.0.505 on win10 64bit. Windows task manager shows a few Maxthon.exe processes but disappears in a few seconds.

MX6.2.0.505Crashpadreports.7z 549.5 kB · 0 downloads

Hi thereddevilrulez, you mean the browser could not launch successfully?

On 7/16/2022 at 5:23 PM, Chemodan said:

Maxthon still keeps showing a blank window on first start after system boot.

Hi Chemodan, did you set the startup page as the About:blank?

Maxthon Snap20220718165928.png

On the home page, only descriptions of the links under the cursor are visible. For the home page to work normally, you need to open another tab through +.

Could you please provide a screenshot of this issue?

With the new kernel, new problems appeared. Оn some sites, now entering text into any form to fill out is regarded by the passkeeper as a password change. And every time he offers to save it. It's already annoying.

Bug reported. ?

On 7/17/2022 at 4:14 AM, xxxxx said:

portable 6.2.0.500 and 6.2.0.505 won't open using my `/User Data` I can see the maxthon icon the the taskbar notification but the main window never appears and after a couple of seconds, the icon disappears from the taskbar notification and the process is closed.
Maxthon 6.2.0.500/505 portable only launch when I unzip the files in a new folder (and it generates a new profile).

Previously jumping from 6.1.3.2800 to 6.1.3.3000 to 6.1.3.3400 was working fine using the same `/user data` folder (every bookmarks, setting, extensions and extensions settings transferred flawlessly until now). 

maybe related to the issues described by @thereddevilrulez and @Magdalene above ?

UPDATE:
- it seems starting from 6.2.0.500, the expected profile is `Profile 1` insteal of `Default` . is this intentional ?

- I managed to make it boot by copying the contents of `/user data/defaut` into the installed folder of 6.2.0.505 `/user data/Profile 1`. interestingly, just renaming my old `Default` to `Profile 1` didn't work

- I believe this is a bug and the default profile-directory should be set to `Default` rather than `Profile 1`?

Please open the folder "reports" under the folder "Crashpad." If this issue created the crash report dmp file, please send the dmp file to me. ?

Maxthon Snap20220718183325.png

8 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

Just realised entering a search term in many websites' search field (including this forum's) will trigger the passkeeper popup asking if you'd like to save or update the password.

Bug reported. ?

Archived