×

Give a tip

MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.3.3300


BugSir006
 Share

Recommended Posts

That's a good idea using "Github" now....

You can actually be tracking everything, providing support, etc. through Github.
We can actually SEE what's happening, what's being fixed, how things are rated, we can comment and discuss issues.

I think if you start using Github in which Maxthon Development is "public" there can be better interaction between devs and users so those things that most need to be addressed can be etc.

Edited by leeuniverse
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, bug reported. The engineers will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Hello!

Today, started doing the same (lost tabs & loading i.maxask.com), but before it could finish, just exit out, no errors & upon reloading, no messages & again loaded i.maxask.com, but this time loaded ok

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Today, started doing the same (lost tabs & loading i.maxask.com), but before it could finish, just exit out, no errors & upon reloading, no messages & again loaded i.maxask.com, but this time loaded ok

Hi MichaelC362, could you send us the crash report so we could forward it to the team to look into it?

Tip   Give
Guest        6v   2022-06-30 13:37:37
Total Tips 6v  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

I see you've added secure DNS, but not put anything selectable (e.g. CloudFlare) & the text in the box doesn't fit & isn't shown when cursor held overtop

image.png.552f1d24554a41e6f5f4aa653a3220bf.png

Here's today's crash report

reports.7z

Although common for Chromium based browsers in Linux, I've not seen any Windows browser ask for the keyring password upon loading...

This means, if anyone uses my computer & loads Maxthon, it'll automatically auto-fill any stored details if they goto such sites.

In Linux, upon loading the browser, the user is prompted for the keyring password... enter it & auto-fill will work as per normal, but don't enter it & the browser works fine, but there's no stored auto-fill details...

This has always been a serious omission in Windows & would be so very easy in implement in Maxthon, making them, potentially, the ONLY secure Windows browser!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

I see you've added secure DNS, but not put anything selectable (e.g. CloudFlare) & the text in the box doesn't fit & isn't shown when cursor held overtop

Hi MichaelC362, this will be added in the future updates.

 

21 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

This means, if anyone uses my computer & loads Maxthon, it'll automatically auto-fill any stored details if they goto such sites.

Hi MichaelC362, you could go to Settings > Gestures and Shortcuts to add in your preferred shortcut command under shortcut management to lock maxthon browser.

 

image.png

 

21 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

but there's no stored auto-fill details

You could go into Settings < Advanced < Autofill to make sure the option is not checked. Last but not least, you could also uncheck the Remember Password box while logging in to Maxthon account for extra security.

image.png

 

 

 

password.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ero35 said:

 Please update Chromium version 
      (Maxthon beta [MX7 PC].....  Chromium  kernel 104....) ?

They've said their "Engineers are working on updating to the latest"...

It takes time to add all the customizations, to test things to make sure they still work, etc.  Even then there will be new bugs.
So, they know already, we keep telling them to update.

  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ero35 said:

 Please update Chromium version 
      (Maxthon beta [MX7 PC].....  Chromium  kernel 104....) ?

 

The latest stable version of Chromium should be 103.0.5060.66

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ero35 said:

 Please update Chromium version 
      (Maxthon beta [MX7 PC].....  Chromium  kernel 104....) ?

Read the previous thread, everything was answered very clearly by the moderators.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

"This means, if anyone uses my computer & loads Maxthon, it'll automatically auto-fill any stored details if they goto such sites.

Hi MichaelC362, you could go to Settings > Gestures and Shortcuts to add in your preferred shortcut command under shortcut management to lock maxthon browser.

but there's no stored auto-fill details

You could go into Settings < Advanced < Autofill to make sure the option is not checked. Last but not least, you could also uncheck the Remember Password box while logging in to Maxthon account for extra security."

None of that is practical for everyday usage... I WANT, when I'm using Maxthon, for auto-fill to just work, but I DON'T want to have to manually toggle settings each time I use it. I agree not remembering login password & therefore not auto-logging in will give a similar effect to keyring password, but I suspect you'll be implementing it for the macOS version (& Linux if you ever do again) as it's expected on those systems.  Not entering the keyring password doesn't remove any settings/plugins/themes, it just stops someone else getting auto-fill passwords.  It's a simple to implement feature (as you already have account password for 'Passkeeper'), so it could just prompt (which could be a setting to do/not) upon loading Maxthon & then you'd be the only password safe Windows browser.

Out of interest, today, Maxthon DID keep yesterday's open tabs... hasn't done this all week & no settings changed yesterday!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

"This means, if anyone uses my computer & loads Maxthon, it'll automatically auto-fill any stored details if they goto such sites.

Hi MichaelC362, you could go to Settings > Gestures and Shortcuts to add in your preferred shortcut command under shortcut management to lock maxthon browser.

but there's no stored auto-fill details

You could go into Settings < Advanced < Autofill to make sure the option is not checked. Last but not least, you could also uncheck the Remember Password box while logging in to Maxthon account for extra security."

None of that is practical for everyday usage... I WANT, when I'm using Maxthon, for auto-fill to just work, but I DON'T want to have to manually toggle settings each time I use it. I agree not remembering login password & therefore not auto-logging in will give a similar effect to keyring password, but I suspect you'll be implementing it for the macOS version (& Linux if you ever do again) as it's expected on those systems.  Not entering the keyring password doesn't remove any settings/plugins/themes, it just stops someone else getting auto-fill passwords.  It's a simple to implement feature (as you already have account password for 'Passkeeper'), so it could just prompt (which could be a setting to do/not) upon loading Maxthon & then you'd be the only password safe Windows browser.

Out of interest, today, Maxthon DID keep yesterday's open tabs... hasn't done this all week & no settings changed yesterday!

Hi MichaelC362, we will put forward your suggestion to the development team for their planning and consideration.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share