MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.3.3200

BugSir006

On 6/21/2022 at 11:32 AM, Magdalene said:

It would have been better if they had ported over MX5 to Chrome with all its features then added VBox later when they'd optimized it. Does anybody use Vbox?

I don't know much about the code, but I don't even know if they could have done that?
If I remember right it was like a combo monster of Trident and Webkit.

I suspect given how they've done things they've had to "rewrite" everything from scratch, and so they've been focusing on what they think are the most important features and bugs, as well trying to make MX6 "look" and function like the previous in UI and most of the basic features.

I think their Dev team is really small now which is why development is just so slow, or they are trying to do too much at once.
For example, making a Mac version, that's going to take a bunch of resources away from Windows and Android development.

LOL...  Nope, I don't use Vbox, don't really see the point.  But, I think it's mostly just a plugin etc., don't know that it's taking very much away from regular development?

Anyway, I pray the biggest things get addressed soon....  I really don't want to wait "5 Years" or something given the current rate of things.

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

For improving everybody's experience, the engineers are upgrading the browser core urgently. ?

That will help...  So, much appeciated.

9 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hello Maxers, we would like to thank you for your continuous support from the start till now and also in the future. Do be assured that we have put in all requests received to the relevant teams for them to check and work on it. In case if you didn't know, there are alot of requests each day from other channels as well. Based on each request, the team will have to plan on how to fulfill it and how it might impact on the current core we have. As you might know, one change could lead to different implications or in turn more bugs to occur. Do be assured that the updating of Chromium is of top priority now and the development team is in the process of working on it to get it updated as soon as possible. Do bear with us and I am sure we are all sharing to make MX6 works and even better.

Ya, I want to be faithful again, do appreciate you all, it's just hard...  As a user you want things like they used to be, the things that brought us all to Maxthon originally.  Those are really my ONLY requests...  Some of them were lost when Maxthon became standalone instead of a shell browser using IE.  For example, Devs never added the "Middle Tab Bar" (aka tab bar above page) back to Maxthon, when it used to be in Maxthon Classic.  The Middle Tab Bar, loss of good plugin support, and Maxthon becoming a "hog" caused me to go to 360Chrome cause they had most of the main functionality of the original Maxthon Classic.

Anyway...  Try to fix our "little things", the little functionalities that irritate us, many of which won't take long to fix or add.  Quality of Life focus in using the browser is important too.  It's like I mentioned above, I don't know how you guys haven't added back the feature for clicking a favorite replaces the Start Page, instead of opening a New Page.  I mean, don't you guys ever click favorites and are irritated you then have to close the useless Start Page that's still open?

Maxthon Classic used to do this....

20 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you please clear your local log files, reproduce this issue again then send the new log files to me? To find the log files, you can open the folder "User Data."

Dingtalk_20220622190918.jpg

Hello!

Only did it when updated, never done it before, so unless next update does the same, can't reproduce.

See today still getting zero bytes listed for some file downloads...

image.png.03167094b762d2cbfc1b89b1657329e2.png

12 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

For example, Devs never added the "Middle Tab Bar" (aka tab bar above page) back to Maxthon, when it used to be in Maxthon Classic.

Hi leeuniverse, request recorded.

13 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

It's like I mentioned above, I don't know how you guys haven't added back the feature for clicking a favorite replaces the Start Page, instead of opening a New Page. 

This request has been recorded as well :)

14 hours ago, Massor said:

Well, I thing i sorted out myself. I checked the Logs and the Crashpad and it seems that the updated VBox conflicted with what I have in my C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\VBox folder. After I clear that folder content (I don't use VBox anyway) the crashes disappeared.

Update: Unfortunately it crashes again! ?

Hi Massor, could you please describe the operating steps that caused this issue and send the crash report to me? I will forward the info to the dev team for analysis. ?

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25031-how-to-get-your-crash-data-of-maxthon-6/

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Massor, could you please describe the operating steps that caused this issue and send the crash report to me? I will forward the info to the dev team for analysis. ?

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25031-how-to-get-your-crash-data-of-maxthon-6/

I'm doing nothing special. Sometimes I just open and then close it, not even need to navigate anywhere. It crashes every time I close the browser, no matter if I have 30 tabs open or just the start page. If I put back beta 3100 everything it's ok again. I'm using the portable version.

Crashpad.zip

11 hours ago, Selçuk Subaşı said:

Hi Selçuk Subaşı, thank you for your reply. Please disable the extensions then try this issue again. ?

9 hours ago, Massor said:

I'm doing nothing special. Sometimes I just open and then close it, not even need to navigate anywhere. It crashes every time I close the browser, no matter if I have 30 tabs open or just the start page. If I put back beta 3100 everything it's ok again. I'm using the portable version.

Crashpad.zip 719.76 kB · 1 download

Hi Massor, this issue has been reported to the dev team, and it will be fixed as soon as possible. ?

21 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, because some files' server doesn't support showing the file size.

Hello!

Whilst that may be true, I just tried to download the same file again today & this time the file size is shown... This was from DropBox, so a well known company, but it can be with any download, from any of company, it's just not often or consistent.

Bigger issue... shutdown ok yesterday, no problems, started up today & Maxthon wouldn't load (just empty title bar & white screen)...

Exit via Microsoft's Process Explorer (an advanced Task Manager replacement), tried again & same.

Reinstalled, same, uninstalled first keeping & later without keeping settings & reinstalled, same, uninstalled via HiBit Uninstaller to remove traces & reinstalled, same, uninstalled without keeping settings & reinstalled & finally worked ok!

Had this issue many times before, but not recently.

20 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, if this issue happens again, please try to disable the extensions then restart the browser. 

Hello!

That wouldn't be possible as, as I said, I just get an empty title bar & a white page... there's no menu, no controls, no content...

Would it be possible to disable the extensions outside of Maxthon (i.e. edit a file)?

About my crashes... again.

I was suspecting that is something wrong in my "User Data" folder (I use the portable kit), so I unpacked a fresh and clean kit of MX6 new version 6.1.3.3300 and I run it clean as guest, without any user data, extensions, etc. Unfortunately when I close the browser it crashes again and, even more, it's not even created the Crashpad folder or it's content!

So, I only have to show you the Windows EventLog crash. (This event was also created in all the previous crashes in v6.1.3.3200).
Also, if it helps, I attach the Log folder.

image.jpeg.84826cc8940a24ef48f6ea8c0b7cc8fe.jpeg

image.png.14b708e0df4897fbfd73306d8c3fcb80.pngLog Files.zip

Please note that this crash (always in ntdll.dll) is present only in beta v.3200 and now in v.3300, but not even once in the previous betas or stable versions.
I run latest Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1766). Another note: I don't use or care about VBox.

Thanks!

On 6/22/2022 at 1:57 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hello Maxers, we would like to thank you for your continuous support from the start till now and also in the future. Do be assured that we have put in all requests received to the relevant teams for them to check and work on it. In case if you didn't know, there are alot of requests each day from other channels as well. Based on each request, the team will have to plan on how to fulfill it and how it might impact on the current core we have. As you might know, one change could lead to different implications or in turn more bugs to occur. Do be assured that the updating of Chromium is of top priority now and the development team is in the process of working on it to get it updated as soon as possible. Do bear with us and I am sure we are all sharing to make MX6 works and even better.

Thanks for clarifying that
BUT
I think that building something over an old engine is sure to always get you in trouble 
The MX6 should be build using the latest engine and future engines in mind so that all your efforts of fixing old bugs might be lost because of the new core introduced

I think the idea of having a beta testing channel is all about that
You must keep your stable version intact and build the betas version using the latest chromium core so that we will only complain about minor problems and you will be ahead of all other browsers

23 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Thanks for clarifying that
BUT
I think that building something over an old engine is sure to always get you in trouble 
The MX6 should be build using the latest engine and future engines in mind so that all your efforts of fixing old bugs might be lost because of the new core introduced

I think the idea of having a beta testing channel is all about that
You must keep your stable version intact and build the betas version using the latest chromium core so that we will only complain about minor problems and you will be ahead of all other browsers

Hi Mhzayer, thank you for the suggestion. We will feedback to the team and let them do the necessary planning and to work on it.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:25 PM, Massor said:

About my crashes... again.

I was suspecting that is something wrong in my "User Data" folder (I use the portable kit), so I unpacked a fresh and clean kit of MX6 new version 6.1.3.3300 and I run it clean as guest, without any user data, extensions, etc. Unfortunately when I close the browser it crashes again and, even more, it's not even created the Crashpad folder or it's content!

So, I only have to show you the Windows EventLog crash. (This event was also created in all the previous crashes in v6.1.3.3200).
Also, if it helps, I attach the Log folder.

image.jpeg.84826cc8940a24ef48f6ea8c0b7cc8fe.jpeg

image.png.14b708e0df4897fbfd73306d8c3fcb80.png Log Files.zip 3.45 kB · 0 downloads

Please note that this crash (always in ntdll.dll) is present only in beta v.3200 and now in v.3300, but not even once in the previous betas or stable versions.
I run latest Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1766). Another note: I don't use or care about VBox.

Thanks!

Hi Massor, thank you for your information. This issue is still being analyzed, and the engineers will fix it as soon as possible.?

Archived