MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.3.3200

BugSir006

38 minutes ago, nogain said:

No, we are with Chromium 96 from Maxthon V6.1.3.500 released on 11/26/2021.

Why aren't Devs just answer this simply?
Why aren't you updating the core engine to the latest chromium?
The truth is always the best answer even if it's bitter.
Hey Bugsirs PLEASE do answer this 

Hello!

1. STILL lies during installing (NOT lastest Chromium, by more than SEVEN MONTHS!!!, NOT all Mx5 features)

2. STILL VBox won't let me link account, just says "loading...", never progresses & no option to cancel either

3. STILL missing or incorrect (shows user icon instead) icons for programs in download manager

4. STILL, during installtion, screens go by too quickly to read

5. STILL duplicate entries being created in download manager, which won't clear, but are not present after restarting Mx6, confirming caching issue

6. STILL spell check not working

7. FIXED keeping the open tabs when restarting after install, so at least one issue has been addressed!

Since there is no logical reason to not update Chromium as & when a new stable version is released (like ALL other major browsers that use it!), just what is Maxthon's thoughts on this matter!?  Why are you not keeping it up-to-date?  It's not like you're the ones writing Chromium, so all the hard work has already been done for you!  Old versions contain bugs, security & compatibility issues that have been addressed in newer versions, so it just make no sense that you'd continue to stick with such old code!

On 6/17/2022 at 11:53 PM, migel said:

Hi,
I can not download the portable x64 version,
the first link starts downloading slowly and after a while it stops, with the second link it does not start at all.
Thanks.

Hi migel, the download links have been updated, would you like to try again?

https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.1.3.3200/maxthon_6.1.3.3200_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.1.3.3200/maxthon_6.1.3.3200_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.1.3.3200/maxthon_portable_6.1.3.3200_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.1.3.3200/maxthon_portable_6.1.3.3200_beta_x86.zip

1 hour ago, MichaelC362 said:

Since there is no logical reason to not update Chromium as & when a new stable version is released

Perhaps there are some sanctions for the new Chromium core for China. This is just my guess. It needs to be clarified in the license agreement

On 6/18/2022 at 8:56 PM, Mhzayer said:

Why aren't Devs just answer this simply?
Why aren't you updating the core engine to the latest chromium?
The truth is always the best answer even if it's bitter.
Hey Bugsirs PLEASE do answer this 

Because the engineers are working busily on developing the MX6 for Mac. ?

On 6/19/2022 at 9:20 AM, UserMx5 said:

Any plans to add bookmark sorting by creation time, update time?

Hi UserMx5, this request has been reported to the product team. 

On 6/18/2022 at 10:59 PM, Ben.L.Salomon said:

HBO max europe need to be used on actual core. Chromium 102.0.5005.115.

This is official statement from HBO. 

Dear developers.... Do something!!!!! 

Hi Ben.L.Salomon, this issue has been reported to the dev team, they will udpate the browser core as soon as possible. 

On 6/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, Massor said:

Beta 3200 portable is crashing o closing! I'm switching back to 3100, issue disappear.

image.jpeg.f186af4bdb2e45f33844996a5cc871de.jpeg

Hi Massor, could you please send the crash report to me?

19 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Because the engineers are working busily on developing the MX6 for Mac. ?

Since, in two & a half years, you haven't got it working right for Windows, mac users, I wouldn't hold your breath for a fully working & up-to-date Mx6 for at least several years more!

2 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

And yet, here you are, still using a browser that doesn't work and complaining daily about how terrible it is. If it doesn't work, find another browser. Your daily complaints are getting boring.

I thought that the USA is a country of freedom, but here such dictatorship goes straight.

Don't angry I was just walking by :)

3 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

And yet, here you are, still using a browser that doesn't work and complaining daily about how terrible it is. If it doesn't work, find another browser. Your daily complaints are getting boring.

To be fair, I think the bigger problem is that it's been two years and yet so many BASIC things aren't take care of, simple things even.  For example,
- Why aren't Locked Tabs the normal "pinned" size?
- Why when I have the Start Page open, and I click a Favorite, that Favorite doesn't open replacing the Start Page?  I have to waste time closing the Start Page, a useless tab being open.
- Why do I still get the "Do not properly support message" on Amazon Prime, so I don't think I'm actually viewing the videos in the highest output?
- Why doesn't the New Tab + open the new tab right there, but doesn't for those of us who like new tabs otherwise to open next to the current tab, cause we are opening actual content, but the + button should open a new blank tab there, not next to our current viewed tab which could be far away.
- Why is there no EXPORT yet for Logins/PW?

I mean, if there weren't a few things that tick me off even worse with Vivaldi,
- Hate the Menu being on the Left.
- Hate their Bookmark Folder Icons aren't normal colored icons.
- Hate the Bookmarks dropdown being in a single column "long-list" instead of multi-columns like Maxthon does.
- I also have to carefully try to do the UI colors etc. like Maxthons, cause it looks really good.

If it wasn't for these massive irritations for me with Vivaldi, I wouldn't even be using Maxthon right now, because it HAS and DOES EVERYTHING else a person could even want.  I mean, it astounds me how far Maxthon is behind in necessary features.  For example, I was using 360Chrome for years when Maxthon Classic could no longer be used on the Web because even the Standalone Maxthon was incomplete.  It makes me so sad that if Maxthon had went Chromium from the beginning IT would be Vivaldi.  I also only stopped using 360Chrome cause they are going to a new Chromium which hasn't been translated, and the older one stopped working properly on YouTube, wouldn't play if I remember right now 720p & 1080p videos, they would freeze.  360Chrome had almost ALL the customization features I came to love with Maxthon Classic, and MX6 simply doesn't have many of them.

So, I know they are likely working on the Mac version to try and get more users, cause it's clear they've lost so many people.
But, you get people by making a superior product people actually want to use.  You don't try to do "everything", cause then you don't get a firm base.
I mean, it's amazing the long-time Maxthon users who were dedicated on this forum who are now using Vivaldi.  People who stayed even when I left originally.

Ultimately, people are complaining because they CARE....  They want the superior product that brought them to Maxthon in the first place over everything else.
I'm hoping they fix the biggest complaints I still have with the browser, which are the things above soon, or I might just go to Vivaldi anyway, figuring out how to live with the problems I have with it.  I'm trying to be here and support Maxthon, cause I want to come back forever, but really only what's keeping me now over Vivaldi is those problems and the fact that I just enjoy Maxthon's UI.

I think what would stop the complaints is if the Devs focused on US vocal users for a couple of weeks, fixing ALL of our problems and feature requests, and then we wouldn't be really complaining as much.  So, I get you love Maxthon, seen you here for what 20+ years now?  But, this browser is supposed to be for us, so if our needs aren't being met, you can't expect us "not" to complain.  I miss Maxthon, I had hoped to come back since switching to Chromium, cause finally we have the great plugin support again, which was one of the big reasons I left because that was lost when Maxthon went standalone.  With Maxthon Classic "I" even created a few plugins it was that easy.

Anyway, how about Maxthon addressing our issues FIRST.... instead of less wanted things, and then we wouldn't be complaining?

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Sorry if you felt offended by the truth, which has nothing to do with a dictatorship, but simple logic. If something is broken, why continue using it?

Even if something breaks, it is not necessary to stop using it, it is enough to inform the developers about it. These are not complaints, this is normal user feedback. In my opinion, it's bad manners to tell others what to do, even if you don't like it. Your message looked so dictatorial.

10 hours ago, mxuser said:

Even if something breaks, it is not necessary to stop using it, it is enough to inform the developers about it. These are not complaints, this is normal user feedback. In my opinion, it's bad manners to tell others what to do, even if you don't like it. Your message looked so dictatorial.

I don't understand the meaning of his writing at all!

Useful from this writings - ZERO!!!

In the discussion thread of the PROGRAM, philosophical thoughts about the meaning of life...

Here people discuss problems and how to improve their favorite browser. And this "philosopher" writes some nonsense in every post!

There is no utility in these conversations at all! Only advice to whom and how to behave. It's funny to read all this nonsense!

His status - Mx Master, but what is really useful for the development of the project, he writes, I absolutely do not see.

Except that it makes everyone who writes about problems here "stupid", teaches everyone about life and asks all fans of this browser to stop using it and switch to another. Absolutely Useless person!!! I have not read a single useful suggestion from this user in all that time!

P.S. Forgive me dear users for being too emotional, but already tired of reading all this rave of his for the umpteenth time!

Hello Maxers, we would like to thank you for your continuous support from the start till now and also in the future. Do be assured that we have put in all requests received to the relevant teams for them to check and work on it. In case if you didn't know, there are alot of requests each day from other channels as well. Based on each request, the team will have to plan on how to fulfill it and how it might impact on the current core we have. As you might know, one change could lead to different implications or in turn more bugs to occur. Do be assured that the updating of Chromium is of top priority now and the development team is in the process of working on it to get it updated as soon as possible. Do bear with us and I am sure we are all sharing to make MX6 works and even better.

52 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Just noticed, this latest update reset or changed LOTS of settings... previous updates have not done that

Hi MichaelC362, could you please clear your local log files, reproduce this issue again then send the new log files to me? To find the log files, you can open the folder "User Data."

Dingtalk_20220622190918.jpg

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

For improving everybody's experience, the engineers are upgrading the browser core urgently. ?

57 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hello Maxers, we would like to thank you for your continuous support from the start till now and also in the future. Do be assured that we have put in all requests received to the relevant teams for them to check and work on it. In case if you didn't know, there are alot of requests each day from other channels as well. Based on each request, the team will have to plan on how to fulfill it and how it might impact on the current core we have. As you might know, one change could lead to different implications or in turn more bugs to occur. Do be assured that the updating of Chromium is of top priority now and the development team is in the process of working on it to get it updated as soon as possible. Do bear with us and I am sure we are all sharing to make MX6 works and even better.

Thank you so much for reading us and listening to your loyal fans of this wonderful browser!!! ? ? 

We really want this amazing browser to live and prosper!

Do not surrender to Mac! Please continue to improve it for Windows too! ?

Hi Massor, could you please send the crash report to me?

Well, I thing i sorted out myself. I checked the Logs and the Crashpad and it seems that the updated VBox conflicted with what I have in my C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\VBox folder. After I clear that folder content (I don't use VBox anyway) the crashes disappeared.

Update: Unfortunately it crashes again! ?

Archived