Behavior when opening MX6 from an external link - keep Last Session page!

As I often browse dozens of sites per day, I almost always leave a bunch of them for later review for the next day(s), therefore I use "Last Session" as the starting page of MX6. Being used to MX5 behavior I often lose al my last session tabs when I open MX6 from a external link and forget to manually restore the last session tab..

So, please copy the behavior of MX5 when opening the browser from a external link and open it with Last Session tab AND a new tab separately with the link that was opened from (PC, email program, or whatever external program). Thanks!

12 hours ago, Massor said:

As I often browse dozens of sites per day, I almost always leave a bunch of them for later review for the next day(s), therefore I use "Last Session" as the starting page of MX6. Being used to MX5 behavior I often lose al my last session tabs when I open MX6 from a external link and forget to manually restore the last session tab..

So, please copy the behavior of MX5 when opening the browser from a external link and open it with Last Session tab AND a new tab separately with the link that was opened from (PC, email program, or whatever external program). Thanks!

Hi Massor, could you try the latest version V6.1.3.3000? The developers have fixed the last session issue in this latest version.

Yes, now it works! It opens 2 tabs (Last Session and a new tab separately), although the tab order is somehow counterintuitive: first tab = the new tab, the second tab = Last session. It should be the other way around. The last Session Tab should be always first in my opinion (and in MX5 opinion, too). 

Thanks!

Hmm.. After further testing, it seems that the behavior is strange:

1) MX6 (6.1.3.3000) is closed;
2) Open an URL from desktop (double-click);
3) MX6 opens with that link AND the Last Session tab (expected behavior);
4) Minimize MX6 and go back to desktop and open again the same (or another) URL;
5) MX6 opens this new link in a new tab AND another "Last Session" tab (total = 2 tabs + 2 "Last sesions" tabs)
(see the screenshot)

Is this the expected behavior?

snap_screen_20220603103228.png

3 hours ago, Massor said:

Hmm.. After further testing, it seems that the behavior is strange:

1) MX6 (6.1.3.3000) is closed;
2) Open an URL from desktop (double-click);
3) MX6 opens with that link AND the Last Session tab (expected behavior);
4) Minimize MX6 and go back to desktop and open again the same (or another) URL;
5) MX6 opens this new link in a new tab AND another "Last Session" tab (total = 2 tabs + 2 "Last sesions" tabs)
(see the screenshot)

Is this the expected behavior?

snap_screen_20220603103228.png

Hi Massor, could you kindly provide a video on this issue so we could check with the development team? Thank you.

I can't make a video right now, but I think i explain clear enough what's happening. Try yourself to open several external links (*.url files, or html, or other files associated with MX6) and see what's happening. At every file/link opened from outside of MX6 it's opening in "pair", with a new tab of "Last session". In my picture above, i open 2 links and i end up with the 2 tabs AND another 2 tabs of "Last session". I think it's pretty clear and simple. For what to make a video?
Please if another community member can confirm/infirm this behavior.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Now, that almost all the "Last Session" page issues have been addressed, please fix this annoying behavior: when starting MX6 from outside link, make "Last Session" tab be always first to open, to the left, followed by the new link tab, and not the other way around, just how it was in MX5.
Thanks!

Desired behavior (like in MX5):

image.png.6ad05efc1efc238f3f3747557929ef6f.png

Current, wrong, MX 6.1.3.3100 behavior:

image.png.c16a11f3c665997faf9e8dcfc25f38ad.png

On 6/18/2022 at 3:11 AM, Massor said:

Now, that almost all the "Last Session" page issues have been addressed, please fix this annoying behavior: when starting MX6 from outside link, make "Last Session" tab be always first to open, to the left, followed by the new link tab, and not the other way around, just how it was in MX5.
Thanks!

Desired behavior (like in MX5):

image.png.6ad05efc1efc238f3f3747557929ef6f.png

Current, wrong, MX 6.1.3.3100 behavior:

image.png.c16a11f3c665997faf9e8dcfc25f38ad.png

Issue reported. ?

Archived